PDA

View Full Version : Just One of those Matches!

Lester
06-26-2002, 11:07 AM
I know we've all had our fair share of strange matches, but this is one I can't forget.
I was playing in this weekly 9ball tournament for the first time. I won my first 3 matches and was playing the 4th, the winner of this match would play for 1st place. The loser was out as there was no third place.
My opponent all but ran around the table, and as soon as his hand hit the table he would fire. He continually went for the nine, except if the object ball was straight in the pocket. Then he would use it to get position on the next ball to use it to hit the nine. The nine would scream around the table hitting other balls until it found a hole. I'm racking and thinking "He can't be planning these shots out". The score is 5 to 5, and he misses making a combination (he created) on the 6/9. He leaves me this START(
%FC7H1%GZ5Y5%HD0Y2%IG2G1%PS4I0%eA0a0

)END
I play a safe and left him this:START(
%FF5E3%GZ5Y5%HD0Y2%IG2G1%PP0X1%eA0a0

)END
He then "kicks and sticks" the six, the six knocks the seven in the side and goes in the corner like this:START(
%FF5E3%G[1Y5%HD0Y2%IG2G1%PP0X1%UD1H9%VN9W2%WH0D2%XG1D8%YZ5W 8
%ZI9D0%[r3Z7%\[7X5%][4Z6%^[3Z3%eB5b6
)END
He then looks at what he is left with:START(
%HD0Y2%IG2G1%PE5F0%eB4a4

)END
He looks at me and laughs right in my face. I got to hill/hill with him, but he gunned the nine in and I was out of the tournament. He lost the next match and came in second. But it's one of those things you never forget, and I work at not letting it happen again. P.S. First time using the WEI table, hope I did it correctly. You can't see if you pasted the right ones while you're posting. ***Lester***

Lester
06-26-2002, 11:55 AM
Okay, I'm thinking I should have used the web-site version, instead of the one I downloaded. Then you would go right to the web site when you clicked on the link. Oh well, you live and learn. ***Lester***

06-27-2002, 03:25 AM
This would never of happened if you didn't let him shoot.

Lester
06-27-2002, 06:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> This would never of happened if you didn't let him shoot. <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I know that's true, but I do pretty damn good for a guy with a white cane. ha ha ***Lester***

Chris Cass
06-28-2002, 11:18 PM
Now, that's what I call a "D" player. Riding the cheese and getting lucky. They never learn and always come up smelling, like a rose. I call them "Pewks." Once you get half way descent it seems, you can't slop a ball or get lucky. There really is no justice, in this game Lester.

When, I get these type players I, push the 9 out of the way on the roll out. However, sometimes it's just destiny. Looked up Destiny in the dictionary and it said, "Buzzard Luck" and you and I both have it. LOL

Regards,

C.C.