PDA

View Full Version : Sardo rack at APA Nationals?

Wally_in_Cincy
06-26-2002, 12:06 PM
Well according to this they will be.

http://www.playpool.com/article.php?sid=151&mode=thread&order=0

Aren't the Sardo racks fragile? Good luck keeping them in one piece.

Will the APAer's use them correctly? About 90% of APAer's that I know have never seen one in person or on TV.

I would like to be there to witness the outcome.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-28-2002, 07:51 AM
Wally
Last year at the US Open, Sardo racks were used. There were about 8 or so Sardo employees that assisted the pros in the use of, or they just racked for the pros.

I would assume that the APA would require the same assistants for the tournament. Or some type of racking clinic for the participants.

About the Sardo racks being fragile, yes.. they are. I saw some of the pros just throwing the racks on the floor after using them.. and then the racks had to be replaced....

Interesting tournament, Diamond Pro Smart tables with Simonis and Sardo racks.. should rattle even the toughest bar room bar box players..

06-28-2002, 08:22 AM
I really cannot believe this report until I see it. I was at the Nationals last year and will be going again (for 8-ball). There are hundreds of tables being used for tournament play. Will they really be giving amateur players $170 equipment to use for each table? Plus, they would have to teach all the teams (over 500) to use them too.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-28-2002, 08:26 AM
Believe it or not, but if you are use to playing with a red circle cue ball on Simois, it will be an advantage against the players that are use to BarBox jungle events.
The Sardo will only make racks better for better players. All the advantage going to the players that spend time at pool halls with good equipment.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-28-2002, 09:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: datplayer:</font><hr> I really cannot believe this report until I see it. I was at the Nationals last year and will be going again (for 8-ball). There are hundreds of tables being used for tournament play. Will they really be giving amateur players $170 equipment to use for each table? Plus, they would have to teach all the teams (over 500) to use them too. <hr></blockquote>

That's why I would like to be there to see it. LMAO

How long will it take till the players figure out that they can just roll the balls into the divots without the rack?

How long will it take the Sardo group to "train" 175 tables? It'll sound like a jackhammer operator's convention.