PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever heard of this guy?

underdog
12-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Has anyone ever heard of Frank Tullis? He says he was ranked 15th in the world at one time, and beat Ralf Souquet to win the 1999 U.S. Open. He is also from Illinois I think.

Deeman3
12-04-2005, 06:18 PM
hey, hey, that's the year me and Wolfdancer fought it out for the U.S Open... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Met a guy last night who said he was world champ, won 3rd place and $87,000 in the Astodome a few years back (I must have missed that tournament). Also said he dated Lori John Jones for 7 years (That may surprise Sammy). Anyway, he couldn't make a ball (lost his good eyesight, Haven't we all), absolutely forgot all his position skills (just a bad memory?). This champ, somehow could get past my APA 3 wife to play me in the touornament. On the upside, he did play with one of those fancy Walmart cues I've been lusting after.......

Deeman
22 time world champion........o.k 21...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Candyman
12-04-2005, 07:03 PM
It's Tullos, Not Tullis. I don't know him personally, but I know he lives in Winston Salem. He own's a poolroom there. I think it is Breaktime Billiards. He is definitely a player.

Deeman3
12-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Yes, If that's the Frank, he can play but I don't rememebr him winning the U.S. Open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Deeman

Candyman
12-04-2005, 07:55 PM
I don't think he won the US Open. He was ranked 10th in 2000 on the Mizerak Senior Tour. He finished 3rd one year in the BCA 9-Ball Championship. Corey Duel won. Ralf was in the field, but I can't remember if Frank played him. I don't remember the year.

Rich R.
12-04-2005, 07:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote underdog:</font><hr> Has anyone ever heard of Frank Tullis? He says he was ranked 15th in the world at one time, and beat Ralf Souquet to win the 1999 U.S. Open. He is also from Illinois I think. <hr /></blockquote>
Sorry, but some unknown player, by the name of Johnny Archer, won the U.S. Open in 1999.
Also, unless he was using an alias, this man did not win the Open in any other year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/history.php

rackem
12-04-2005, 10:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote underdog:</font><hr> Has anyone ever heard of Frank Tullis? He says he was ranked 15th in the world at one time, and beat Ralf Souquet to win the 1999 U.S. Open. He is also from Illinois I think.

Where does this guy live now? Cal? Could the name be Tully?

pooltchr
12-05-2005, 06:04 AM
Actually Frank owns two pool rooms in Winston Salem. He used to host the North Carolina Amateur championship at one if his rooms...don't know if he still does or not. Most definitely a strong player...one of the best seniors in the state.
Steve

MosconiJr
12-06-2005, 09:28 AM
I played Frank in the finals (toot my own horn) of a FIRE Promotions tournament in Charlotte, NC in 2002. It was an impressive field. I was playing pretty well and liked my chances. We were playing on 9' Gold Crowns. He wins the toss, and breaks and runs the first 8 racks. Actually I think he shot safe after 1 break in the middle of the run and stuck me so badly he got ball in hand and ran out the 2nd shot of the game. I lost 11-1 and didn't miss a ball the entire match. Both shots /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. He also plays jam up 1-pocket. The last time I saw him was at a tournament in Greenville, SC about a year ago.

MJr

Cornerman
12-06-2005, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote underdog:</font><hr> Has anyone ever heard of Frank Tullis? He says he was ranked 15th in the world at one time, and beat Ralf Souquet to win the 1999 U.S. Open. He is also from Illinois I think. <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe what he said was misinterpreted.

"Hi, my name is Frank. I was ranked 15th in the world at one time in the seniors. I took a set off of Ralf Souquet in '99... (He) won the U.S. Open (some year after that)."

Fred &lt;~~~ grew up playing against the US Open winner... so they tell me

Deeman3
12-06-2005, 11:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cornerman:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote underdog:</font><hr> Has anyone ever heard of Frank Tullis? He says he was ranked 15th in the world at one time, and beat Ralf Souquet to win the 1999 U.S. Open. He is also from Illinois I think. <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe what he said was misinterpreted.

"Hi, my name is Frank. I was ranked 15th in the world at one time in the seniors. I took a set off of Ralf Souquet in '99... (He) won the U.S. Open (some year after that)."

Fred &lt;~~~ grew up playing against the US Open winner... so they tell me <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> True, I would give him the benefit of the doubt anyway. Franks probably has played everyone at one time or the other anyway... </font color>

Candyman
12-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Better yet, has anybody ever heard of underdog. He makes this statement that supposedly Frank makes about being champion. He has made 2 posts. I don't think Frank ever made the statement. He lets his game do the talking. Give us more details underdog. I'll ask Frank the next time I see him if he knows you if you will give me your real name.

underdog
12-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Actually, I do know him. I was just wondering how well known he is in the "pro world" of pool. And you don't have to be a jack@#$ about it, it was just a question. I don't doubt his ability. I have played him many times.