PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Mayor Cleared Of Responsibility....

Gayle in MD
12-05-2005, 12:35 AM
She sent an e-mail to the President the day before the hurricane hit, asking for federal emergency assistance, and explaining that their local resources would be overwhelmed.

Gayle in Md.

SPetty
12-05-2005, 06:04 AM
governor?

Deeman3
12-05-2005, 06:49 AM
I had little tidea the Mayor had a sex change. Of course, the Govenor refused assistance for the hurricane.

Deeman

Gayle in MD
12-05-2005, 06:52 AM
LOL, good lesson for me, don't post when you're falling asleep...too late now to edit.

anyway...interesting news, huh?

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
12-05-2005, 06:58 AM
I think this release of the Govenor's papers has cleared things up regarding who dropped the ball....

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
12-05-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She sent an e-mail to the President the day before the hurricane hit, asking for federal emergency assistance, and explaining that their local resources would be overwhelmed.
<hr /></blockquote> You give this Loser a clean bill because he waited till the last second!

eg8r

Deeman3
12-05-2005, 08:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote> You give this Loser a clean bill because he waited till the last second!

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> She is giving this loser a clean bill because he is a liberal democrat and becasue he is not GWB. You know the rest. </font color>

Deeman

Fran Crimi
12-05-2005, 08:57 AM
The investigation is nowhere near over. That e-mail is old news. It was mentioned in Time Magazine weeks after the storm. I don't think anyone is questioning whether she asked for help the day before the storm. One of the issues emerging was that she asked for help only on HER terms. Maybe that had to do with the advice she received from the ex-Clinton administration officials she hired to advise her.

While her office should have been figuring out how to get food and supplies to the infamous "DOME" in the days after the Hurricane, e-mails recently released showed that they were submerged in political posturing in making sure the blame was kept on the feds. Read the Times Picayune, Dec. 3rd.

Fran

HiPockets
12-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Louisiana is a third world country and is as crooked as any South American banana republic. The govenor is nothing more than a puppet for the Dixie Mafia and other sorts. The govenor was not calling the shots. Wait until money is sent to Louisiana for rebuilding. It will end up in someones pocket. I live 20 miles from the Louisiana border and spend a lot of time there. Its has a great culture but a corrupt underbelly. As far as I am concerned both the Feds and the State are at falt.

wolfdancer
12-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Do you mean to imply that a state that has had such fine leadership in the past...Huey Long.....and Edwin Edwards....their new politicians, are not to be trusted?

Gayle in MD
12-05-2005, 10:53 AM
I know what you are saying is true, but that shouldn't let FEMA and HLS off the hook for their total failure to respond. If the Governor sent an e-mail informing the President that they would need all the help they could get, and that they would be overwhelmed when the hurricane hit, from then on, it was a federal emergency!

So far, the only ones making money is Halliburton, and Brown, and they aren't even paying all the illegal aliens they hired, lol.

Gayle in Md.

HiPockets
12-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Read the biogrophy of Huey Long by T. Harry Williams, a L.S.U. professor. You will see how Long took a corrupt situation and made it his own. Roosevelt feared him and some say Roosevelt was behind Long's assasination.

"Everyman a king but no one wears a crown" Huey P. Long

Sid_Vicious
12-05-2005, 11:13 AM
"from then on, it was a federal emergency!"

That's the fact I find difficulty in EVER finding born in America citizens who argue against FEMA and the admins failure in response. Sumpthin' else, pathetic!!!sid

Qtec
12-05-2005, 11:45 AM
....or the Govt was busy with a damage control exercise when they should have been helping the people under water!
To this Govt, every disaster is an opportunity.

Q

Gayle in MD
12-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Fran, I think I mentioned this before. The supplying of food and water, in a national disaster, is specifically the responsibility of FEMA, and or HLS.

May I ask, do yopu think FEMA, and HLS, did a decent job during the days that followed Katrina?

Gayle

wolfdancer
12-05-2005, 01:18 PM
I've read about Huey, even saw the movie "All the King's Men"...Brod. Crawford...didn't read the book though. I doubt if FDR was behind the assassination, although there was a report of a man in a wheelchair, behind a grassy knoll. He would have had to get in line behind Huey's many enemies.
My favorite crooked politician was James Michael Curley. the movie, 'The Last Hurrah" was based on his story.He had a saying something like "....and steal some for the poor" He served 5 months in prison for mail fraud, while serving as Mayor of Boston...and was pardoned by HST...
And I think Edwin Edwards outdid Mr. Long, in the corruption game.