PDA

View Full Version : Pool Rooms in San Diego

06-26-2002, 12:57 PM
I am looking for some tournaments in or around San Diego. Or, a website with info relating to San Diego action. I'm new to the area. I would appreciate any help.

Scott Lee
06-26-2002, 01:45 PM
The main action room in San Diego is College Billiards. They have semi-pro and pro events there fairly regularly, and local events almost every month. There are several other rooms and pool bars (The Library, for example) where you can find action. Try www.playpool.com (http://www.playpool.com) and search San Diego, CA. Hope this helps.

Scott Lee

Vagabond
06-26-2002, 08:28 PM
Hi Scott Lee,
In San Diego have u ever come across a guy by name Steve Knight( not the British guy)? Mighty powerfull player. chhers
Vagabond

Scott Lee
06-26-2002, 08:51 PM
Vagabond...Nope, don't know him. My time in S.D. is usually spent at UCSD. I might go out at night and play a little somewhere, but I never go looking for action.

Scott

06-27-2002, 03:16 AM
Steve Knight moved to Colorado 3-4 years ago. Hell of a player. As for tournaments in San Diego, Monday nights over at On Cue Billiards in La Mesa has a good tournament. Tuesday nights has a good tournament over at College Billiards. Every 3rd Sunday of the month College has a $1000 added Open tournament that is pretty good. Last month Morro Paez and King Kong both came down from LA to play. As for action, your best bet is College Billiards. Also, Family Billiard Center in Oceanside has a Wednesday night tournament that is pretty good, they usually get a full field. Overall in San Diego, I would have to say go to College Billiards. Good luck.