PDA

View Full Version : The Brink of War

wolfdancer
12-05-2005, 12:06 PM
JFK was vilified in the other thread, for recklessly leading this nation to "the brink of war" Nobody mentioned though....the other side. Why would Russia risk war, perhaps a nuclear war, over A small Island Nation, like Cuba?
Was it because they championed the cause of freedom seeking nations....or, as I think...since we had missiles in Turkey pointing at the USSR, they wanted to place missiles in Cuba, as a countermeasure?
Rightly, or wrongly,re: the "invasion", the blockade... end result was..the missiles were removed....and maybe even, that was the first step towards easing future tensions between the two countries? It could have all been avoided had Nixon won....Haliburton, more likey, Bechtel might have won the contract to erect the missile bases. .....
And regarding the Brink of War...here's an article written by someone I never heard of, nor his org.....but I found the article , written in 2003, of interest. http://www.transnational.org/forum/meet/2003/Krieger_BrinkWar.html

I'd like to start a whole new thread vilifying Ronald Reagan for supporting and arming Saddam.....but there's enough bad blood here.
I wonder why RR was never nominated for an Academy Award for his role as President?

nAz
12-05-2005, 01:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>
I'd like to start a whole new thread vilifying Ronald Reagan for supporting and arming Saddam.....but there's enough bad blood here.

<font color="red">That was ok at the time... lets not bring up past mistakes like arming him with WMD </font color>

I wonder why RR was never nominated for an Academy Award for his role as President? <font color="red"> The Academy Award commity is controlled those self hating American liberals </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
12-05-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Academy Award commity is controlled those self hating American liberals <hr /></blockquote>

I shudda known ....but he "read" his lines so well...

Gayle in MD
12-05-2005, 04:17 PM
LOL...WEllllllllll....we sure didn't know that years after Reagan left, Bonzo would be elected, now did we know that REagans Vice President was actually the father of Reagan's Co-Star in "Bedtime With Bonzo"....who would later be appointed president....

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
12-05-2005, 04:20 PM
I agree, Jack. I remember feeling thankful for the way President Kennedy handled the Cuban Missile Crisis. He was marvelous.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
12-05-2005, 05:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>

<font color="red">That was ok at the time... lets not bring up past mistakes like arming him with WMD </font color>

I wonder why RR was never nominated for an Academy Award for his role as President? <font color="red"> The Academy Award commity is controlled those self hating American liberals </font color> <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

NaZ...I hate to break the news to you, but we couldn't possibly have armed him with WMD...because we all know he never had any WMD...it's all a big lie made up by Bush.
Steve