PDA

View Full Version : Help Table Owners!

Scott_The_Shot
12-06-2005, 05:56 PM
About 3 years ago I remember a topic describing what to use besides Bees wax for placing and seaming up the slates. However I cant remember who it was for sure. I think it was either Sid or Tom in Cincy. They were raving about this product because it alleviated the slate "popping" on their Diamond Pro. If anyone knows what this product is please help me out. Thanks!

Rich R.
12-06-2005, 07:39 PM
The product is Liquid Dowel.
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccbboard&Number=34218&Foru m=All_Forums&Words=Brady_Behrman&Match=Username&Se archpage=9&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=34199&Search =true#Post34218

caedos
12-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Durham wood putty is better to me. It's not subject to changes in the weather like wax.

-c

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Scott_The_Shot
12-06-2005, 07:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> The product is Liquid Dowel.
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=34218&amp;Foru m=All_Forums&amp;Words=Brady_Behrman&amp;Match=Username&amp;Se archpage=9&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=allposts&amp;Main=34199&amp;Search =true#Post34218
<hr /></blockquote>

YUP! Thats it Rich! Thanks for the memory refresher.

Scott Lee
12-08-2005, 02:19 AM
Scott...Liquid Dowel is the nuts! It lasts forever, yet the slates will come apart WHEN you want them to. You use it sparingly, by putting something thin (like biz cards) 2 or 3 places on the seam (edges and middle), and drip the LD down the cards. Didn't check the link, but you can get it from Victor Conte Sales, which I think is somewhere in NY.

Good luck with your new table (you lucky ba$tard...lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif). Can't wait to see it next time I get to Wichita! My website designer now lives there, as well as my new son-in-law, so we'll make it there soon enough!

Scott Lee

Scott_The_Shot
12-08-2005, 07:22 AM
Hi Scott,
I believe you have me confused with Scott Fraser. He is from Wichita. I am Scott Edwards, I posted here quite frequently about 3 years ago, but have had an absence due to no internet. I live in The Kansas City Mo. metro area.
Thanks for the info as to where I can find the liquid dowell.

Scott Lee
12-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Scott...Oooops! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You're right, I did!

Scott ~ has 'sometimers' disease! LOL