PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hooo!! Guess What I found!!

Scott_The_Shot
12-06-2005, 06:15 PM
I have been finishing my basement getting it ready for a Table. My heart has been set on a Diamond Pro. However, I came across an ad for a used table the other day. The Ad said, "Mahagony 4 1/2' x 9' w/ ball return, leather pockets, balls, rack and some sticks $1000". The ad also had a pic.
My first thought when I looked at the pic was my gosh that looks alot like "Big Bertha" (5 x 10 1920's Brunswick) at Raytown Recreation. So I took the pic to Raytown Recreation for Don and Doug Brink to look at. They said that it looks like an early 20's Brunswick alright. They had an old copy of a Brunswick catalog from 1923-1924 (I think it was). They thumbed through the catalog until Doug said "Yup... there it is. "The Regina", by Brunswick. Doug said Run... dont walk! So I have a table.... I figure if I cant get it set up to play like I want it to, I shouldn't have any trouble selling it later on to get my Diamond.
Oh.. BTW the guy said I have some old one piece cues to throw in.. and guess what they were? Yup, you guessed it.

caedos
12-06-2005, 07:39 PM
That makes me sick, but in a good way...

Congrats on your find! A friend of mine always harps on buying a table with long term proven value so that if you ever have to sell it you can get your money back out of the thing. Very cool!

-c

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cueball1950
12-06-2005, 09:37 PM
a friend of mine had the same type of similiar luck. he was out to garage sales and came across a moving sale and when he went thru what they had outside he politely asked if there was anything in the house for sale. the man said yes and they went into his basement and there sat an original brunswick gold crown 2. complete with the orange skirting. and guess where it had come from. this boards own Dick leonards (#####leonard) old pool room, cue time from south troy. In fact he said that #####leonard had set it up for him. oh by the way, the best part was he picked it up for only $300.00 and he had to take it apart and move it. all the original equipment came with it............mike

Ralph S.
12-06-2005, 11:50 PM
Helluva find. Some days are diamonds and some days are coal. That was definitely a diamond day. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CarolNYC
12-07-2005, 03:40 AM
Nice find-good luck with it!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

John_Madden
12-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Lucky you!!!

Jack
www.johnmaddencues.com (http://www.johnmaddencues.com)

Scott_The_Shot
12-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Since no one ever guessed at what the cues were I will spill the beans. He gave me three "Titlist" House cues to go along with it.

Drop1
12-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Glad you made a good find. Now set that sucker up,and enjoy. Hell,you can gloat a little if you want,we all understand /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Barbara
12-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Yeah you should talk!! We both should talk!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

Barbara

cueball1950
12-07-2005, 07:49 PM
congratulations....good find.............Mike