Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Deeman3
12-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Hard to believe it has been that long. That means I was 28 when he was murdered. Great songwriter. Too bad it had to end that way.

Voodoo Daddy
12-08-2005, 12:26 PM
I was a junior in High School and I remember them broadcasting his shooting on the PA...my English teacher wept. Teachers in the halls crying and swapping stories of fond memories that went along with his music. I never realized at that time what an impact someone outside your family could make on you until the death of Stevie Ray Vaughan...thats when I cried. Long live John Lennon, a spokesman of a whole generation!!

moblsv
12-08-2005, 01:38 PM
That was one of those days where I will always remember exactly where I was when I heard the news.

I was 14 years old and out duck hunting with my dad. The first I "heard" of the news was when I saw where somebody had gone out on the ice and made a big peace sign and tribute in the snow on surface of the ice.

sack316
12-08-2005, 01:55 PM
I was but one year old when that happened, but his music still has such an impact and message to it. My little sister does a little song when she performs that includes several of his songs tied together... hard to keep the ol' eyes from tearing up then.

supergreenman
12-08-2005, 02:34 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I was 12. Now my daughter is 12 and she's hooked on the Beatles. He may be dead, but through his music he's very much alive.

SnakebyteXX
12-08-2005, 06:13 PM
A close friend of mine worked for a couple of years as a live-in 'go-fer' for John and Yoko. He has shared many wonderful stories with me about what the private John Lennon was really like - including some of the darker stuff (his bouts with heroin abuse).

The Beatles were the seminal band of my generation. I saw them when they came to the Cow Palace in SF way back when they were on their very first tour. It was unforgettable.

Their music was uplifting and beautiful (and I must say - some of it was a ton of fun to listen to while stoned.).

John's contributions as a poet/songwriter were key to what made them great.

His sudden and untimely death was a tragic loss for all of us.

Snake

9 Ball Girl
12-08-2005, 07:12 PM
December 8 is also the birthday of one of my late fav classic rockers: Mr. MoJo Risin'

dg-in-centralpa
12-09-2005, 07:18 AM
At the time, I was unemployed and not knowing where I was headed. John had started writing music again, and it was refreshing to hear. I went to bed early that night so I could get a good night sleep so I would feel good the next day for job hunting. My mother woke me up to the news, and I just sat the whole day in a daze, dumbfounded, wondering what John could have done to deserve this. I was devastated for years. I hope Chapman never gets out of prison. John didn't deserve to die like that. I wanted to go to Central Park for the service but had no one to go with me.

DG

supergreenman
12-09-2005, 09:17 AM
I sure wouldn't mind seeing Dec 8th turned into an international peace holiday in memory of John.

Wendy, an international holiday for overindulgence and debachery in memory of Mr. MoJo Rising would be a hoot.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif "I'm looking through you, where did you go. I thought I knew you, what did I know. You don't look different, but you have changed. I'm looking through you, You're not the same" John Lennon