PDA

View Full Version : Need info. on practice drills.

ALLENJK
12-09-2005, 08:36 AM
I just got my table set up at home. Now I need a little help on finding good info. on drills. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Please include your reviews on "The Pro Book"and any others that are out there.

SPetty
12-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Here's one popular choice:
http://members.aol.com/blkbeltbilliards

Billy_Bob
12-09-2005, 11:08 AM
No one book has all the drills or the best drills. Get as many books as you can. Cheaper if you go to used book stores.

Also different books by the same author may contain the same info. Get books written by different people. And look at the back of the book. (All the front parts are mostly the same.) The good stuff (drills, etc.) will be in the back of the books.

The best drills would be your own drills. Write down on paper or diagram shots you miss or are having trouble with. Then practice these things daily. This will be very frustrating, but keep with it and you will see a lot of improvement!

ALLENJK
12-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the replies. I was planning on building a collection of books , tapes , & dvd's. That was the reason for the thread. I figured I might save a lot of time & money by getting info. from fellow players with the same interest. I ordered "Pro Skill Drills" today. I'm looking at the site that SPetty refered to also. Again thanks for the input.