PDA

View Full Version : Break Cues

Sambo
12-09-2005, 08:52 AM
I am a new user and I am sure this has been asked before but here goes...I am looking for a break cue and I have heard that Scorpion makes a good one. If anyone could help me with making a choice I would appreciate it, also how much does a tip enter into the picture and what type. Thank you in advance.

PHJ314
12-09-2005, 10:17 AM
Cue-Tech 'Earl Strickland' is what I use, it works pretty good!
I'd never play with it though!

ryushen21
12-09-2005, 11:17 AM
it all depends on what you want and how much you want to spend on it. IMHO, the best breaker on the market is is the Jerico Stinger. But it's gonna run you more than an average breaker will. Tips are all a matter of preference. Some people like the phenolic tip/ferrule others prefer a leather tip. just see what you can get a hold of and try it all out.

SPetty
12-09-2005, 11:23 AM
I use a Scorpion break cue. I like it a lot. I don't have a lot of experience with a lot of different break cues. I have one at home with a phenolic tip on it that ras314 put on, and it breaks very well. The Scorpion break cue doesn't have a phenolic tip, and it is lightweight. I like mine a lot, but also understand that I'm partial to black and silver - and this cue is black and silver!

rackem
12-09-2005, 11:46 AM
A light cue say 18oz with a stout shaft, stainless piloted joint and a hard leather tip is what I recommend. you can also have a spare shaft to make it a spare shooter when needed. The MEGA break is over rated. Control of the table is the key goal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sambo
12-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Well I decided on the Jerico Stinger...and I have to say that I am really impressed. I tried other break cues and they do not match up with the Stinger. I will keep you up to date now that I own it.

CaptainHook
12-28-2005, 01:25 PM
I use the Cuetec 99296 SST Break/Jump works great, has a nice feel to it. I also have a Sterling in my other rig that i like also. Check out this chart.

http://www.platinumbilliards.com/rating_break.php

SteveFromNY
12-30-2005, 08:10 AM
what's your budget? If you're just starting out, stick with the housecue and learn to develop the balance between power/stroke so you have a nice break. Then you'll be able to pinpoint your preference between a light/heavy breaker with or w/o jumper and a phenolic or leather tip. FYI, I break with the Predator BK and can't stand the slegehammer b/c of the phenolic tip.