PDA

View Full Version : Bad Weather Up There

Deeman3
12-09-2005, 02:27 PM
I know I pull everybody's chains on here as many do to me. However, looks like you guys are in for a rough bit of weather. Hunker down and keep yourself safe.

God keep you all from harm. Don't go out if you don't have to.

Deeman

Mrs_DG
12-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Snow, snow, wonderful snow!
I was born in the South, but am a Yankee by choice and I LOVE Snow!
I can't ski (I fall over) or skate (I fall over) but there is something wonderfull about a nice snowfall. It lifts my spirits!
We had 7" fall in about 7 hours time. DG had to get up early to shovel me out of the garage so I could leave for work earlier than usual. Yes, he hates the snow. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif Unless it is magical snow that doesn't fall in the roads or sidewalks.

Me...I just love it!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Mrs. DG

Rich R.
12-10-2005, 02:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mrs_DG:</font><hr> DG had to get up early to shovel me out of the garage so I could leave for work earlier than usual. <hr /></blockquote>I think there is a direct relationship, between the quote above, that explains why you love the snow and DG hates it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

supergreenman
12-10-2005, 10:34 AM
I love snow because I get to spend more time inside playing pool :P

James

Deeman3
12-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Hey, I didn't know everyone enjoyed it so much. Of course, that may be why you live there. I lived in York, P.A. a couple of years ago, had a farm leased and it snowed until my wife's Corvette disappeared and I had to pay $240 to get 200 yards of driveway cleared out. The horses were up to their knees in the stuff and that just sort of made me say, "Like is too short to go through this!' Of course, if you grow up in it, it may be not such a hassle.

Anyway, good luck to any of you who don't love the snow.

Deeman

dg-in-centralpa
12-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Yeah... I'm not fond of snow. I wouldn't mind moving south but Mrs. DG wouldn't mind moving north. Hmmm....maybe we can come up with a compromise. LOL I love my snowblower. Best thing ever made.

DG

Voodoo Daddy
12-10-2005, 01:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Yeah... I'm not fond of snow. I wouldn't mind moving south but Mrs. DG wouldn't mind moving north. Hmmm....maybe we can come up with a compromise. LOL I love my snowblower. Best thing ever made.

DG <hr /></blockquote>

Looks up cause everything is north of me...hope you got all your winter goodies up there.

DickLeonard
12-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Deeman I am just waiting for the Donations, coming up from the South to help us with the Ravages of the Winter Storms. Before I donate any money to Hurricane Relief, I check with the American Red Cross as to how much money was Donated by the Southern States during our last episode of Winter Storms when they say nothing I am relieved of Donating to Hurricane Relief.

This system is fool proof for Northerners.####

Deeman3
12-12-2005, 06:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Deeman I am just waiting for the Donations, coming up from the South to help us with the Ravages of the Winter Storms. Before I donate any money to Hurricane Relief, I check with the American Red Cross as to how much money was Donated by the Southern States during our last episode of Winter Storms when they say nothing I am relieved of Donating to Hurricane Relief.

This system is fool proof for Northerners.#### <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> Dick,

I agree that the Southern States have never contributed to the snow relief and, therefore, you can keep your money as far a Katrina relief, we will handle it. After all, after many of us dug in a gave, we found out the government was gonna foot the bill anyway. I guess we all could have kept our money. </font color>

Deeman

Chopstick
12-12-2005, 10:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Deeman I am just waiting for the Donations, coming up from the South to help us with the Ravages of the Winter Storms. Before I donate any money to Hurricane Relief, I check with the American Red Cross as to how much money was Donated by the Southern States during our last episode of Winter Storms when they say nothing I am relieved of Donating to Hurricane Relief.

This system is fool proof for Northerners.#### <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> Dick,

I agree that the Southern States have never contributed to the snow relief and, therefore, you can keep your money as far a Katrina relief, we will handle it. After all, after many of us dug in a gave, we found out the government was gonna foot the bill anyway. I guess we all could have kept our money. </font color>

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

I thought we wuz working on a fund to send the yankees back up there. Ya'll never did tell me where to send the money. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

PHJ314
12-12-2005, 01:05 PM
It was -20 here when I got up for work this morning, I hate cold and I hate snow! It's sunny here now, but still -10, and even colder here downtown where the buildings create one big wind tunnel!

supergreenman
12-12-2005, 01:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PHJ314:</font><hr> It was -20 here when I got up for work this morning, I hate cold and I hate snow! It's sunny here now, but still -10, and even colder here downtown where the buildings create one big wind tunnel! <hr /></blockquote>

That wind tunnel is only going to get worse untill the election is over. hahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Sunny and warm out here in the west /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(untill Wednesday that is)

James

Stretch
12-12-2005, 02:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PHJ314:</font><hr> It was -20 here when I got up for work this morning, I hate cold and I hate snow! It's sunny here now, but still -10, and even colder here downtown where the buildings create one big wind tunnel! <hr /></blockquote>

Greeting PHJ, yep that's typical Ottawa whether all right. I ws born and raised up the Valley North of Pembroke. Liveing in Halifax now. The Winters are a piece of Cake compared to up there. Long as they keep the heat on in the Pool Halls it's all good /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif St.

DickLeonard
12-13-2005, 06:58 AM
PHJ314 It is Cold in Ottawa but the most beautiful women in the world live and work in Ottawa.####

dg-in-centralpa
12-13-2005, 09:01 AM
Weather update - last week we had 8 inches of snow. This coming Thursday we are supposed to get as much if not more than the last storm. We average 25 - 30 inches of snow a year, we may reach that before December 31st. Looks like it'll be a long year.

DG

PHJ314
12-13-2005, 09:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote PHJ314:</font><hr> It was -20 here when I got up for work this morning, I hate cold and I hate snow! It's sunny here now, but still -10, and even colder here downtown where the buildings create one big wind tunnel! <hr /></blockquote>

Greeting PHJ, yep that's typical Ottawa whether all right. I ws born and raised up the Valley North of Pembroke. Liveing in Halifax now. The Winters are a piece of Cake compared to up there. Long as they keep the heat on in the Pool Halls it's all good /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif St. <hr /></blockquote>

HAHA!!! I was born and raised in Pembroke!!!! Where abouts you from?

PHJ314
12-13-2005, 09:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> PHJ314 It is Cold in Ottawa but the most beautiful women in the world live and work in Ottawa.#### <hr /></blockquote>

I have one sitting in the cube next to me..lol

But I think that Montreal may have us beat!!! YUMMY!

Chopstick
12-13-2005, 01:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Weather update - last week we had 8 inches of snow. This coming Thursday we are supposed to get as much if not more than the last storm. We average 25 - 30 inches of snow a year, we may reach that before December 31st. Looks like it'll be a long year.

DG <hr /></blockquote>

25 - 30 inches a year??? I made a business trip up to Somerset a few years ago and it did that in one day. The drifts on the hoods of peoples cars went straight out from the roof to the front bumper and dropped straight down. It was something to see.

dg-in-centralpa
12-13-2005, 08:37 PM
We've had a few years where we've had 70 - 80 inches of snow. This is unusual tho...we live in a valley, so we miss most of the snow.

DG

DickLeonard
12-14-2005, 07:07 AM
PHJ314 I was in Ottawa 45 years ago downtown near the Gov offices sitting on a park bench. I looked like one of the guys on the 3M Filter Screen Ad.

I looked to the left a beautiful women, looked in front another beautiful women,looked to the right another beautiful women. That was 45 years ago and I am still impressed.

We had come from Montreal I didn't see anything like the Women of Ottawa.####

dg-in-centralpa
12-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Weather report has changed again. Now it's at least 6 inches before it turns to sleet and freezing rain. If we don't get the rain, we'll get 12-18 inches of snow. Lovely /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif We're also to get another significant storm on Monday.

DG /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Deeman3
12-14-2005, 12:13 PM
DG,
I tried to express my sympathy but as you can see above, you're the only one up there who doesn't love the snow. Get Ms. DG out with a shovel and she'll quickly have foond memories of the south. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hang in there...
Deeman

dg-in-centralpa
12-14-2005, 01:00 PM
I appreciate your sympathy. I knew I'd be in a minority on this. Mrs. DG can't shovel due to back problems. Bummer...oh well it does give me exercise.

DG

Stretch
12-14-2005, 02:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> PHJ314 I was in Ottawa 45 years ago downtown near the Gov offices sitting on a park bench. I looked like one of the guys on the 3M Filter Screen Ad.

I looked to the left a beautiful women, looked in front another beautiful women,looked to the right another beautiful women. That was 45 years ago and I am still impressed.

We had come from Montreal I didn't see anything like the Women of Ottawa.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Shhhhh #### that's a closely guarded secret. I went to Collage there and all i can say is....OMG!!! lol St.

PHJ314
12-15-2005, 07:45 AM
For those wondering how hot our women are, you can check out BARSHOTS.CA , it's a guy that goes around Ottawa bars and takes pictures.