PDA

View Full Version : WPBA & APBU Endanger Lives Of Poolplayers

HarryDC
06-27-2002, 09:26 AM
WPBA & Asian Pocket Billiards Union Endanger Lives Of Pool Players!

Asian Pocket Billiard Union has published a list titled Nominations on there web site at

http://www.baroc.org/en_pages/wpa_w&y2002/Nacc.doc

This document contains not only the name and country of the nominees but airline arrival and departure times, hotel stay and accommodation information that should only be available to people on a need to know basis. How could people be so stupid or lazy as to just copy a document and stick it in a web site? Note, when you read the list the experienced pool playing ladies gave no flight, arrival, or departure times

I guess it is par for the course for people who charge WPBA member Fran Crimi fifty bucks for a new photo and then tell her she has no recourse if the photo is bad. IMO This is a security issue of great importance and it was bungled by the same old WPBA APBU nitwits that do not remember that we are at war with a bunch of fanatics who have fanatical religious leaders teach there children to hate America.

HarryDC

Doctor_D
06-27-2002, 09:46 AM
Good afternoon:

From a legal liability standpoint, this places both organizations front and center should any unforeseen event take place which threatens and/or endangers the participants and/or invitees. Promoters of events, regardless of their size or location, are legaly liable to the participants and the invitees for all related events and/or occurances.

Dr. D.

HarryDC
06-27-2002, 10:43 AM
Dr. D.,

I fully understand the implications but after making part of my living by the the feud. I can say that no amount of money is worth one person on that list life now or ever.

I think Ben Franklin was right when he said: Quote, The best way for three people to keep a secret is if two of them are dead.

HarryDC

SPetty
06-27-2002, 11:37 AM
Hi Harry,

How did they respond when you complained to them about it?

06-27-2002, 02:32 PM
Oh puh leeeeeez

Get real and get off your paranoid high horse. Take off and landing times of airlines have, and will always be public knowledge, so am I to understand that you harbor the notion that there are anti-pool terrorists out there who are going to go after billiard players as targets?

Have the events of Sept. 11th made people that damned unrealistic? Seems as though this whole damned society has gone nuts to one extreme or the other. Freakin' get real already. The anti-American factions of the world who are responsible for the terrorist attacks have demonstrated time and again what their targets are, and will be:

1. Political targets - i.e. the Pentagon and U.S. embassys abroad.
2. Economic targets - World Trade Center (twice)
3. Military targets

Knee-jerk reactionaries and Politically Correct bureaucrats are the reason that this country remains vulnerable not only to those outside our borders who wish to do us harm, but also to those within our borders who would have our way of life obliterated.

Sec. Maneta of the Transportation Dept. will not allow pilots to be armed because "they need to be focused on flying the plane". What the hell does he think - that they're going to be shooting mini liquor bottles off each other's heads for $hits and giggles? But of course he is the same Mensa reject who has issued repeated warnings to the airlines forbidding any profiling based on nationality, ethnicity, or religion. I guess HIS constitution says that the rights of an individual to not feel offended is more important than the rights of 3000 people to leave their high-rise office building alive at quitting time.

OK........so I'm ranting. Shoot me. Unless you're a pilot, then you'll just have to give me a dirty look.

HarryDC
06-27-2002, 04:30 PM
Shoop1969,

After you calm down maybe you will realize that flight times
are public knowledge but passanger manifests are not. Nor
are accommodations public knowledge. I am glad you were never in security. If you were you would be wearing your A$$hole for a hat. There is no need for the APBU to publish
such a list as name and country would be plenty. That is what I expected to see not a hotel list. Lazy PR person should be fired.

HarryDC

PQQLK9
06-27-2002, 06:18 PM
The list really gave more than I needed to know about number of beds (room type) and name of occupants.

HarryDC
06-27-2002, 06:39 PM
SPetty,

The WPBA responded that they had know idea the information was posted. They are trying to get in touch with the parties involved at BCA and APBU. The same thing happened a
couple of years ago and all the players complained.
The BCA had no response.
The APBU had no response.
The BCA and APBU are responsible for the formal invitations.
All the WPBA does is notify the ladies.

HarryDC

jjinfla
06-27-2002, 08:31 PM
Well Harry, In case the evil doers out there missed the first posting of the list it was nice of you to give them a second chance to look at it. And I notice that Gerda and Allison are roomies. I heard they broke up. Anyway, it is no big secret what hotels the pro baseball/football/basketball/hockey players stay at. And it is common knowledge when they normally catch a plane and what airline they use. So, I think it is much ado about nothing. Jake

HarryDC
06-28-2002, 07:05 AM
Jake,

Flight times don't have a passenger manifest attachaed to them as they are not public knowledge. As of 06:30 hours EST the Nomination list has been changed thanks to Kelly Oyama's hard work.
As for the airport and the hotel the only thing I remember is that it cost $250.00 to $300.00 American for a cab ride to that hotel and they both are a ripoff. Oh, most pro teams travel on charters not North West 9 and 10. Thank God
you know how to spell Cory now. Great detective work Jake I'm glad you are retired and playing pool.

HarryDC

06-28-2002, 04:30 PM
I'm glad you called this a rant, because that's exactly what it is.

If you'd simmer down a little and be a little less quick to flame, perhaps you could better focus on Harry's point....that personal information shouldn't be released so cavalierly.

It's easy to forget in today's climate that "security issues" have connotations other than terrorism. Stalkers, former domestic partners, wingnuts....all are among several possible security threats to an individual's PERSONAL security.

Airlines will not (and haven't for years) confirm the presence of a passenger by name of any flight. Similarly, a hotel desk will not give out a guest's room number.

Now before you jump off the handle at me, I did read Harry's post thoroughly and I did see him mention terrorism. I suggest that he mentioned it in the spirit of "I can't believe these boneheads released this information ESPECIALLY when we should have learned from 9/11 how careless that can be." I don't honestly believe Harry was trying to suggest that OBL's network has decided to target female pool players.

A little benefit-of-the-doubt might be in order, Shoop.

JoePickens
06-28-2002, 06:28 PM
Are you telling me that I can no longer look at Allison with the same gleam in my eye?

06-29-2002, 09:35 PM
Of course not Joe! Look all you want, gleam, twinkle, thoughts of debauchery, etc. They'll still get you to the same place! LOL

JoePickens
06-30-2002, 09:10 AM
Lorri,

You do have a point there. I guess I can go back to my thoughts of...ah, the workings of a Walter Mitty mind.