PDA

View Full Version : Lucasi cues

hunterdau2
12-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Hi everyone glad to be here and i am finding it very informative. I have played in local leagues in past years but got away from the game for a few years now my wife and i are in a local league.
I am a novice who plays for fun but likes to use good equipment and after looking at varies cues on the internet was wondering how the Lucasi custom cues stack up and would appreciate any other brands you would recommend. I am thinking in the $250 to $350 range.

Thanks
Dan

pooltchr
12-11-2005, 06:47 AM
Lucasi cues are not custom cues. They come straight from a factory in China, just as so many other production cues.
If you are looking for a custom cue, you will need to go to a custom cue maker.
Steve

Scott Lee
12-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Steve's right about Lucasi. But, to answer your question about how they "stack up" against other brands, in the same price range; I would say pretty well. They are solid hitting cues, with many attractive models. Same for Fury, McDermott, Viking, Huebler, Meucci, and several others. My advice would be play with several of your league friends' cues, and make a decision based on what feels good to you. You may like the 'look' of a cue, but not the way it feels in your hands, or the way it plays.

Scott Lee

hunterdau2
12-11-2005, 06:26 PM
What would be a good american made brand?

pooltchr
12-12-2005, 07:02 AM
I'm not sure which brands are still manufactured on US soil, but I don't know that it matters. I happen to work for the distributor for Fury cues. Although they are manufactured overseas, they provide a lot of jobs and income for workers in this country. Transportation, warehousing, sales (both wholesale and retail) marketing, are all jobs that are performed in this country. I can assure you that the quality is no greater or worse based on where the cue is actually made. I don't know for a fact, but it's quite possible that the equipment and technology used in manufacturing the imports could be coming from this country. We operate in a global economy. Toyota has a factory that builds cars in the US...so is a Toyota an American car or a Japanese car?

The point is that you should find a product that you like, and that you feel is a good value for your dollar. Where it is physically made is of little consequence, since most of the money still ends up feeding our economy.
Steve

Rich R.
12-12-2005, 07:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hunterdau2:</font><hr> What would be a good american made brand? <hr /></blockquote>
IIRC, McDermott cues are made in the U.S., but I could be wrong. They also have a very good warranty.
http://www.mcdermottcue.com/

Deeman3
12-12-2005, 08:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hunterdau2:</font><hr> What would be a good american made brand? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Schon </font color>

Sid_Vicious
12-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Lucasi cues from China are great values and play very well. Unless you are set on buying American only, the Lucasi is an excellent choice. Jm2c...sid

hondo
12-13-2005, 09:56 AM
I have a Lucasi &amp; it's not bad. Some others in
your range: McDermott,Joss, Bludworth sneaky pete,
Dale Perry Speedster or maybe even one of his 1/1's.
J. Pechauer, maybe a plain jane Jerry Rauenzahn.
Possibly a Jacoby in the 350-400 range. All are
slightly better or ( Jacoby, Perry, Rauenzahn)a
lot better than Lucasi.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hunterdau2:</font><hr> Hi everyone glad to be here and i am finding it very informative. I have played in local leagues in past years but got away from the game for a few years now my wife and i are in a local league.
I am a novice who plays for fun but likes to use good equipment and after looking at varies cues on the internet was wondering how the Lucasi custom cues stack up and would appreciate any other brands you would recommend. I am thinking in the $250 to $350 range.

Thanks
Dan <hr /></blockquote>

bsmutz
12-13-2005, 05:53 PM
I have a couple of Lucasi's and think they are a very good cue for the price. Also Schmelke makes a very nice production cue at a very reasonable price right here in the US.

pigbrain
12-14-2005, 12:39 AM
oh, they are product in my country?
where are they?
though they are made in china, i think they will not be cheaper here than in the USA.

pooltchr
12-14-2005, 06:41 AM
I don't know where, but they all have the little foil sticker on them that says "China".
Steve

Wazoodust
04-19-2006, 02:25 PM
I know Vikings are produced on US soil in Madison, WI. I've been to the plant and met some really cool people there

ryushen21
04-19-2006, 03:08 PM
In the range that you are looking for Lucasi will be good. I think that the McDermott cues are better made, hit better, and have a better warrant (Lifetime against just about everything including shaft warpage).

My main problem with Lucasi is that they use the Uni-Loc joint on just about all of their cues and i have never liked the way that joint hits. This is why i recommend McDermott. It's a better cue for the money IMHO.

OldieToo
04-19-2006, 03:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> In the range that you are looking for Lucasi will be good. I think that the McDermott cues are better made, hit better, and have a better warrant (Lifetime against just about everything including shaft warpage).

My main problem with Lucasi is that they use the Uni-Loc joint on just about all of their cues and i have never liked the way that joint hits. This is why i recommend McDermott. It's a better cue for the money IMHO. <hr /></blockquote>McDermott or Joss are the best bets here...

If you don't mind buying someone elses "lost interest", you can get $1000+ cues on ebay for under $300...I do it about once a week. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

mikeindayton
04-20-2006, 01:55 AM
Hi Dan, My oppinion would have to be Predator. I have owned and shot with just about all the top brand named cues and I have finally after all the years of cue exploration found the brand that hits, feels, and breaks better than anything I have ever used. Currently I have the 4k7 and a Predator sneaky pete. 4k7 is about $675-$700 depending where you choose to buy it. The sneaky pete starts at about $250, if you know anyone that shoots with them give em' a try, I did and now I'm hooked. Good luck and let us know your choice.