PDA

View Full Version : Outside Pool Table

geotlyrae
12-12-2005, 05:37 AM
Need Help.. Looking for a new pool table for a screened roofed patio in Florida. Is there anything out there less than $2,000?? Would a regular one hold up if covered?? Thanks for the responses..

Scott Lee
12-13-2005, 01:02 PM
I don't think there are any of the outdoor pool tables in that price range. Maybe you can find a used one for $2K.
A regular pool table will not, imo, hold up to the rain and moisture it would be subjected to under your description. Outdoor tables are specially constructed to endure constant moisture.

Scott Lee

geotlyrae
12-21-2005, 06:47 PM
You're right.. I'm afraid an indoor table may deteriorate rapidly, even know several companies are saying to the contrary. Even if I'm inside a covered patio, besides humidity, the temperature can change from the 80's to the 40's in a matter of hours. Do outside tables play as well as inside ones?? Thanks for the replies..

Scott Lee
12-22-2005, 06:22 PM
The better quality outdoor tables play pretty close to a good indoor table, but they also cost several thousand dollars...so they're not cheap! LOL

Scott Lee

theinel
12-22-2005, 11:34 PM
I live in Florida and have been in half a dozen places that have Valley bar boxes outside all year long. The tables themselves dont appear to mind but the cloth doesn't like the moisture and plays incredibly slow.