PDA

View Full Version : Q-Masters for sale

Rich R.
12-13-2005, 09:40 AM
No one here has mentioned this press release from AZB.
I just thought I would make sure every one here knew about it.
There has been some discussion on AZB, regarding the sale of Q-Masters, and its value. All I know is that Barry has been very good to us, regarding our CCB Tournament and I wish him the best.

Q-Master Billiards For Sale
Barry S. Behrman, Owner of Q-Master Master Billiards, Restaurant and Showroom, Located in Virginia Beach, Virginia is now ready to retire and just concentrate on running the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championships.

I have been in business now almost 35 Years and will be a Senior Citizen April 2006. Business has never been better and now is the time to sell and completely enjoy the rest of my life.

The Non-Negotiable price is $3,000,000.00 (Three Million Dollars). Financing by Owner is not an option and the name, Q-Master Billiards is not included or for sale. Of Course, My annual U.S. Open is also not included. What else what I do?

Q-Master Billiards is over 21,000 sq. ft. with 56 tables, full restaurant, ABC for beer, liquor and wine, Two bars and 100 in-house pool league teams that play every week all year round.

House Pro, Dave Bollman, has a state of the art 600 sq. ft. pro shop fully equipped.

The entire building has been completely remodeled the past two years and has never been in better condition. Out of Town World Champions players tell me Q-Masters is by far, the very best playerís room in the country. The atmosphere is conducive for the game, a wonderful clientele and a fantastic staff of 30 who work very hard.

This is a Turn Key opportunity, long lease thatís very fair. Again the price is Very Firm and a letter of intent from your bank is necessary before going further into more details, but will furnish my annual gross figures.

You may reach me at 757-499-8958 or leave a name and number.

http://www.q-masters.com

Barry S. Behrman, Owner

By Barry Behrman - December 12, 2005

Tom_In_Cincy
12-13-2005, 10:01 AM
All good things come to an end.

Thanks for all the memories Q-Masters...

dg-in-centralpa
12-13-2005, 10:52 AM
I wish Barry and the new owner all the best. I hope it doesn't affect the CCB tournament.

DG

cueball1950
12-13-2005, 11:11 AM
you can buy the business but not the name. Don't seem like it is worth it to me. Barry must be going to open another q-masters and that is why he wants to keep the name, regardless of what the press release says. thats my opinion.....mike

Rich R.
12-13-2005, 11:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> you can buy the business but not the name. Don't seem like it is worth it to me. Barry must be going to open another q-masters and that is why he wants to keep the name, regardless of what the press release says. thats my opinion.....mike <hr /></blockquote>
Time will tell Mike. First, Barry has to sell this Q-Masters. With a price of $3 million, I don't think the potential buyers will be standing in a long line.

Scott Lee
12-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Rich...As was posted on AzB, it's none of our business, but imo, there's NO possible way anyone will pay $3M for that business...NO WAY. However, like P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute...and two to take him!" LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott

Keith Talent
12-13-2005, 03:15 PM
At first glance, I assumed at least you got the building!
Just getting an overpriced lease can be costly in NYC, but 3 mil? And will Barry be the new owner's landlord? Great deal, for somebody. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
12-13-2005, 09:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> At first glance, I assumed at least you got the building!
Just getting an overpriced lease can be costly in NYC, but 3 mil? And will Barry be the new owner's landlord? Great deal, for somebody. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>Keith, Q-Masters is located within a shopping center. I'm assuming that Barry does not own the shopping center, but, you know what they say when you "assume" something. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Keith Talent
12-14-2005, 07:32 AM
Rich, I drove by once and took a look. I know a million doesn't buy what it used to, but you think it would be so outrageous to own a poolhall-sized piece of that complex for 3 mil?

Rich R.
12-14-2005, 09:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> Rich, I drove by once and took a look. I know a million doesn't buy what it used to, but you think it would be so outrageous to own a poolhall-sized piece of that complex for 3 mil? <hr /></blockquote>
Keith, I don't think that would be outrageous, but I have never heard of a shopping center that was sold a store at a time. To the best of my knowledge, shopping centers are usually owned by a developer or a management company and they make their money by leasing the stores. There may be exceptions to this.
Again, I have to assume that Barry doesn't own the property.

dg-in-centralpa
12-14-2005, 10:13 AM
When figuring the price of a business to sell, a formula is 2.5 - 3 times the gross income. This would mean that Barry does one million gross per year. I find that hard to believe without looking at his books. This is what accountants use. I don't always agree with it, but what do I know. I'm not an accountant. As a realtor, I would look at it differently than they do.

DG

houseman
12-14-2005, 10:22 AM
This sale is just for the business content inside the building, without the current name, you still have a lease and have to pay rent every month.

Drop1
12-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Its all in the numbers. I like your formula,and I like 1.5 times net+ inventory.