PDA

View Full Version : Are you a pool player that is cue poor

cueball1950
12-13-2005, 10:32 PM
are you a player that is looking for a cue. please only answer this if you do not have a cue to shoot with. i may have a solution for you.......................mike

pigbrain
12-13-2005, 10:47 PM
i have not i personal cue yet, i am going to buy one in this year or just the beginning of next year. the house cue is so different from each other.

snook
12-16-2005, 01:14 PM
i do not have a cue currently

Scott_The_Shot
12-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Hi Mike, I have a friend that is a pretty good player. He has been really down on his luck the past year and a half, but fortunately is turning things around.
A year ago he had to use his cue for collateral. To feed his girlfriend, and by supplies for the TENT they were living in :O. The person he borrowed the money from sold the cue on Ebay 3 weeks later without any communication of the lender's intentions and a week early than the agreement. HE never found his cue again.
As I mentioned above he has gotten things turned around, living in a town home with the blessing of a new baby girl.
He is currently without a cue and is starting to play again. If this qualifies, send me a PM, and I can give you a contact number so you can talk to him.

wolfdancer
12-16-2005, 05:36 PM
Mike nice idea, if I'm reading your intentions right.

cueball1950
12-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Scott..I want you to know that first of all this is not some type of scam. as almost everyone on here that knows me knows that i donate several cues every year to our ccb tournament. And i just decided that i want to do it this year at Xmas also and that is the reason for my post.. i have decided on your friend to receive this cue free of charge. it will be a Xmas gift from Santa in upstate ny. Please pm me with his snail mail address and name and i will get it out to him on monday..it is nothing fancy but it is a playable cue made and signed by Audrick Custom cues in the Philippines or it may be a KC5 model cue from KC custom cues out of california.you can go to www.pool-cue.com (http://www.pool-cue.com) and click on KC5 cue to see it. The KC cue has 6 points with veneers and a purple heart or rosewood forearm.and had 2 shafts. this cue has been used for about 10 minutes of hitting balls but it is still 100%. It is also a pretty cue. I will try to post a picture of it on here. Still don't know how to do it. So please send me his address...................mike

cueball1950
12-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Wolfdancer...... my idea is to give a playable cue to someone who plays and does not have their own cue. trying to be like a Santa i guess. or maybe trying to get into the XMAS spirit. And thank you for your kind words also..............mike

wolfdancer
12-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Mike, I been wanting a new Joss cue....but can't afford the $3000 plus. If you gots an extry around, I'll give it a loving home...even take it to bed with me at night.
Just kidding of course....glad to see you found a needy person to send the cue to....who says pool players have no heart?
Nice idea, and hope you get as much satisfaction out of giving, as he will get from receiving
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!

srvrules
12-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Shoot, if only I was a few days earlier, oh well. If you're interested in my sob story, here it goes. I bought one of the higher end Action cues, and Elite model, about two years ago. I was playing around the town, and getting decent, and then it was time to go off to college. I brought the cue with me because the college had a pretty nice pool hall, 8 tables, 4 Olhausens and a few Valleys. Anyways, I went to my first set of classes, and when it came time to pay my bill, my financial aid fell through and I had to pay for the classes 100% out of pocket, no financial aid, no nothing. Over 5000 for 5 classes and room and board at the college. I had to pawn my cue and all of my pool gear and I havent gotten it back. So I've been trying to play with the house cues, but as you all know, they aren't the same. Thanks for letting me vent. I'd be very impressed if someone found it in there heart to donate even an action, let alone that beautiful KC5.

Daniel

cueball1950
12-23-2005, 08:08 PM
I was just wondering if the cue arrived? I lost the Usps slip.....................Mike

Scott_The_Shot
12-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Hi Mike, Yes! It did arrive yesterday. We got to play for about 5 hours last night. He is very happy with the feel of the cue. Eventually he is gonna have one of the shafts re-tapered. I thank you for your generosity and providing a very merry Christmas for Ryan. Who also thanks you very much for the cue, it meant alot to him.
Merry Christmas Mike,
Scott

CaptainHook
01-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Cueball 1950, I think what you are doing is fantastic. I
have a question for you. Do you only donate at X-mas of every year? I was wondering cause, every Thursday i go down to the Senior center here in St.Pete and play 8 ball with all the elderly gentleman. They have 2 nice tables
but they used there budget for the year to have them both re-felted. All there cues are old & warped. So i am trying to find some folks such as yourself that can donate 1 or some to them. They are a great bunch of guys, and there are some great shot makers in the group. Any help you can offer would be great. Or if you know of anyone else such as generous as yourself that would be greatly appreciated also.

Thank you
Mike /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cueball1950
01-26-2006, 02:00 PM
actually i donate cues a couple of times a year. i always donate 2 or 3 cues to the prize fund of the Annual CCB Tournament plus at Xmas or if someone is holding a raffle for a good cause. last year i sent/donated 2 cues to the tournament that Bob?Edyie romano held at Disney World. I sent them to Black Jack to deliver for me.Let me see what i can do. do you need 1 piece or 2 piece cues ok.........mike

CaptainHook
01-26-2006, 02:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> actually i donate cues a couple of times a year. i always donate 2 or 3 cues to the prize fund of the Annual CCB Tournament plus at Xmas or if someone is holding a raffle for a good cause. last year i sent/donated 2 cues to the tournament that Bob?Edyie romano held at Disney World. I sent them to Black Jack to deliver for me.Let me see what i can do. do you need 1 piece or 2 piece cues ok.........mike <hr /></blockquote>

Thanx,1 piece or 2 piece cues would be great. as far as shipping, 2 piece would be easier to ship. I could pay for the shipping.

Thank you
Mike

dagnabit
01-26-2006, 04:56 PM
This is really amazing to me. I had to register on this forum just to tell you that I think its a great thing you are doing. I guess there are still some good folks out there.

snook
01-26-2006, 07:58 PM
i think what your doing is a truly excellent thing

while i dont exactly have a sob story... (no offense to anybody who does)...

but while in high school i acquired a decent (couple hundred) meucci cue... and then spent some money later on on a decent case(another couple of hundred)

so now i'm in college... schooling full time... playing pool when i can... and also poor.... as so many other college kids..

however before i left for college my dog left me a great present... she somehow got downstairs... singled my cue case out from everything else in the room... and gave it a terrible chewing up.... while it still holds the cues it has lost its ability to keep tempatures out as well. the top pocket also now no longer serves its purpose.. like holding things....

and well... it looks terrible as well...

if your interested... i would love a new case...

i cant really say that i expect one... or anything of the nature... but thanks for what you've done for everybody else... it truly is amazing...

cueball1950
01-27-2006, 12:16 AM
Snook.... i may have an older 2x2 lying around here someplace with a small pocket if you would like it. it is nothing fancy, but it is functional and works. i got it off ebay along with 2 used cues that i wanted to give away..so if you would like it just send me a PM and i will get it out to you with in a week. Hope it will help you.................mike