PDA

View Full Version : Push Shot ????

shakeybake
12-14-2005, 05:06 AM
For the first umteen years that I played pool, the rule that prevailed on "push shots" was they were legal a long as a continuous stroke was employed. This was great!!

With the rule as it is today, many great shots have been eliminated from a players arsenal. Players get involved in heated arguments of whether there was a double-hit or if the balls were frozen. Some players even carry a magnifying glass in their cue case to view the shot "gap".

IMO, this rule should be revisited by the BCA and be rewritten to it's former wording. Any comments?

cheesemouse
12-14-2005, 05:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote shakeybake:</font><hr> For the first umteen years that I played pool, the rule that prevailed on "push shots" was they were legal a long as a continuous stroke was employed. This was great!!

With the rule as it is today, many great shots have been eliminated from a players arsenal. Players get involved in heated arguments of whether there was a double-hit or if the balls were frozen. Some players even carry a magnifying glass in their cue case to view the shot "gap".

IMO, this rule should be revisited by the BCA and be rewritten to it's former wording. Any comments? <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know what the former wording is but I agree that it is a continuious bone to be picked at nearly every event. I think the rule should be: 'if they are frozen do whatever you want because no foul can occur with a frozen cb to ob...period'. That would eliminate 99.9% of the bs and we/you would have to learn some new shots for this situation.

randyg
12-14-2005, 08:30 AM
How did the original rule read?????randyg