PDA

View Full Version : Yankees are boring this offseason

eg8r
12-15-2005, 05:42 AM
So, who else here is board with the complacent Yankees? I long for the days of free spending, going after every single major player, and the wars with Boston on the negotiating table. This offseason has, up to this point, being very boring in the Bronx.

It is a sad day when the Mets are the excitement of New York.

eg8r

sack316
12-15-2005, 07:06 AM
Ask and ye shall recieve... word has it that calls are being made to Nomar. One of the people who supposedly have or will be calling him is Giambi, what's funny about that is IF the Yanks get Nomar, he'll likely be playing first base for them. If that were to happen, then if nothing else NY fans would have another rub in the face towards Boston.
That may be all they get to have though, because the White Sox just made some moves making them even stronger than last year. They are gonna have the best starting pitching since the Braves dominant staff of the 90's.

onepocketfanatic
12-15-2005, 08:02 PM
I played baseball for many years, but now find it kind of boring. The season is too long, and the game is just too darn slow, and the players are way over paid (as are all professional athletes I believe). Over 3 hours for 9 innings...I just can't stay interested.
I like to watch the play offs and the series, but other than than I just can't get into it.
One thing for sure..you guys in New York have an owner that sure as heck doesn't mind spending some big bucks for the Yankees. I admire him for the fact he wants to have, and keep, a winning team there! Gotta love that if you are a Yankee's fan for sure.

sack316
12-16-2005, 02:48 AM
the only thing Yankees fans love is a decent health score in a Yankee Stadium Kiosk, and the Red Sox losing.

...Sorry, couldn't resist

Sack

ARJ
12-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Old news, Nomar signed with the Dodgers. He and Mia have a home there.

ARJ

Voodoo Daddy
12-20-2005, 09:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ARJ:</font><hr> Old news, Nomar signed with the Dodgers. He and Mia have a home there.

ARJ <hr /></blockquote>

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THEM STINKIN' AZZ REDSOX!!! Merry X-Mas Kato, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

sack316
12-22-2005, 02:16 AM
OK, well NOW ask and ye shall recieve. Y'all got Damon at least. I was working at the poolhall Tuesday night, and every time the story came on SportsCenter I'd see a few middle fingers pop up towards the TV towards ol' Johnny. Had to do a double take a few times, since my name is Johnny as well, and make sure some of the "f" bombs weren't directed at me /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sack

p.s. who'd have thought there'd be so many Boston fans in Montgomery, Al?

catscradle
12-22-2005, 06:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> OK, well NOW ask and ye shall recieve. Y'all got Damon at least. I was working at the poolhall Tuesday night, and every time the story came on SportsCenter I'd see a few middle fingers pop up towards the TV towards ol' Johnny. Had to do a double take a few times, since my name is Johnny as well, and make sure some of the "f" bombs weren't directed at me /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sack
<hr /></blockquote>

It just goes to demonstrate why I think anybody who gives a rat's ass how "our team" does is a fool (and that includes my wife and sons). The concept of "our team" is such a fallacy. They are professional athletes and they couldn't care less if they are playing in Boston or NYC or LA as long as the bucks are there. I haven't paid attention to sports except to play or watch my kids play for ages, who cares.

[ QUOTE ]

p.s. who'd have thought there'd be so many Boston fans in Montgomery, Al? <hr /></blockquote>

Are you sure they weren't just Yankee haters rather than Boston fans?

sack316
12-22-2005, 12:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr>
Are you sure they weren't just Yankee haters rather than Boston fans? <hr /></blockquote>

six/one half dozen the other right?

ARJ
12-24-2005, 12:31 AM
Back at ya old man /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ARJ