PDA

View Full Version : Tony Robles fan web site & other unofficial sites.

06-27-2002, 02:29 PM
Well, you can all check out the new Tony Robles fan web site. I searched the web high and low for a site devoted to this great player. When I couldn't find one, I decided to be the first.

Check it out and give me your feedback...

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.tableskills.com/robles/>The Unofficial Tony Robles Fan Site</a> version 1.0

I think that most people will agree that there aren't enough fan support sites for these great players. If you guys/gals know of some url's of some fan sites, send them this way.

PQQLK9
06-27-2002, 02:38 PM
Nice site Bob...What a swell thing for you to do...cheers!

9 Ball Girl
06-27-2002, 02:50 PM
Cool. I checked out your site. I'm a close friend of Tony's and I can answer your questions:

What I'm trying to find out..
How long has he been playing pool... [b] 13 years [b]

What is his favorite game, (9-ball, 8-ball, straight, 1-pocket)... [b] straight pool [b]

Does he think that any of his students have the potential to be as good as him... [b] i don't know but he says i can [b] /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

BTW, he's from Brooklyn. Hope I helped a little. I sent him the link to your website. I'll let you know what he thinks!

9 Ball Girl
06-27-2002, 02:54 PM
I just finished seeing the rest of your site. Cool pics. I know who you are now. I have some pictures that you might like to post. Some of them have me in them with some of the other pros and some of him and others. I'll have to ask him first if it's okay with him, though.

06-27-2002, 03:19 PM
9 Ball Girl, I believe Tony's been playing for well over 13 years. In fact, he may even mention in the AZ interview when he started. But there's no way he picked up the game when he was 23.

- Steve

06-27-2002, 06:34 PM
he still chokes

Nostroke
06-28-2002, 12:22 AM
Heard tonite that Tony has definitely been invited to Cardiff!!

06-28-2002, 07:20 AM
Thanks for checking it out. I would definetly post more pictures if I had them, so please send me some. The e-mail I set up for that site is tonyfan@tableskills.com or you can put them on a cd.

Who is 9 Ball Girl, and have we played against each other yet?

Wally_in_Cincy
06-28-2002, 08:01 AM
Good job so far.

I wanted to make sure you had this link.

http://azbilliards.com/interviews/tonyrobles1.cfm

9 Ball Girl
06-28-2002, 08:14 AM
Oopsie! You're right. He started playing at 13 which would make it 23 years! I stand corrected. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
06-28-2002, 08:40 AM
You don't know who I am?! Just kidding. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Are you going to Corner on Monday? If so, then I'll see you there!

And, no we have not played together. Yet...

9 Ball Girl
06-28-2002, 01:19 PM
Hey Bob, I spoke to TR and he was cool about me giving you copies of our pics. So, hopefully you'll be at Corner on Monday and I'll put the pics on a CD for you, okay?

06-28-2002, 09:26 PM
Good for Mr. Robles I wish him luck.

06-29-2002, 09:37 AM
Wow, that's a really nice site. I've seen Robles play at a few tournaments and I think one of my friends might have an Accustat tape of him playing.

I've noticed that there aren't too many pro sites ou there.

Good job AB, keep it up..

Simon

06-30-2002, 04:20 PM
I hear Tony Robles plays in leagues in New York a lot and that he is an easy guy to talk to. I'm sure he'd be happy to see that he has a lot of fans out there cheering for him to kick some butt in his next major tournament.

When I become pro, you can do a fan site for me too /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif but that might not be for a little while /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Simon