PDA

View Full Version : House Resolution 612

Gayle in MD
12-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Today, many representatives stood before The House, and said,

Mr. President, I ask for unanimous consent to revise and extend my remarks in opposition to HR 612, and in honor of our Brave troops in Iraq, I urge republicans to share a full/complete and open debate, in this House, on this Floor, on the war in Iraq, and the policies of this administration.
I congratulate the Iraqis on a successful election,....
Some added...
I congratulate the Iraqis on a successful election, and it is time to bring our troops home in the interest of peace.
some added...
And there should be no permanent bases in Iraq...

This resolution would include examinations of the October 7, 2002 address by the president...and the January 28, 2003 State Of The Union Address.

OMG, according to some people's standards, this would mean that our Representatives hate America!!!!
"While our country is not perfect, we don't put it's ideas at risk by debate. If we did, this country would have sunk long ago." although, in my case, debating the issues, must surely be proof that I "Hate America" I wonder, does that same definition apply to our representatives, who endeavor to scrutinize the information which Bush fed to the world regarding his path to war, surely, since republicans stone-walled the continuence of the second phase of the 9/11 investigation, and Reid had to take unprecedented measures to close down the house, and demand that the investigation continue, one couldn't possibly think that republicans have nothing to hide, could they? We have heard our Democratic Representatives complain over the course of this republican majority about the many tactics used to prevent the usual powers afforded to the minority party to investigate and call for accountability from the administration. One has to wonder, what are they hiding???? Other than torture, that is.

Apparently some self-proclaimed experts on our America, and the problems of democracy, oh excuse me, problems of the republic, LMAO, don't believe that open and public debate is an indication of freedom unless the debate is done to their own personal standards, HMMMM, didn't Stalin, Hitler, Saddam, Kruschev, oh my, the list is so long, but wasn't that also their policy? Interesting, that also, we have an administration which pulls all manner of dirty tricks and tactics in order to smother opportunity for Americans, through their representatives, or as individuals, to examine in the light of day, and scrutinize the accuracy and legality of their policies. Examples of this would be the Administration's actions to block the 9/11 investigation, to control what is printed about the war, and to use journalists to put into print their own propaganda as though the articles were their own, and twisting the meaning of Representative Murtha's intended resolution to leave Iraq gradually, over a period of six months, in the interest of saving the lives of our troops, and lessening the violence in Iraq, into a mock resolution calling for immediate withdrawel, something which no one in the House wanted.

Having suffered through all other abuse of power by this administration, our representatives must fight on the floor of the House to be given the opportunity to have an open debate regarding the honesty of this administration, the truthfulness, or lack of truthfulness regarding the path to war, and information fed to the public, and our Government, and their policies on the war in Iraq, both past and present, while they beg our president to please define the Benchmarks which he and God have determined to be necessary.

As they decipher all this, they must also find the time to concern themselves with the new issue of the day, as to whether or not phones, e-mails, of ordinary Americans and other personal information, have been wire tapped and spied upon by this administration. Needless to say, Helen Thomas was stone walled by the illustrious appointed Press Secretary in the Bush White House, when asked point blank whether or not the privacy of ordinary Americans was being abused by the administraion's suspected policy of wire tapping and retrieving e-mails of ordinary Americans without first going to a judge for a search warrant. These Americans would include critics of the administration's policies, and demonstrators against the war, including quakers and other non-violent demonstrators. Claiming National Security issues, ofcourse our illustrious Presidential Press Secretary, refused to answer Mrs. Thomas's forthright question, "Does or Does not this administration spy on average Americans?"

Had he answered, what should we believe of his answer anyway? Wasn't he the one who assured us that he had personally talked with Karl Rove, and Scooter Libby, and they had assured him that they did not have any discussions regarding Valerie Plame with reporters, no involvment whatsoever....oh, but wasn't that also after our Illustrious president, whose many photo-ops display very fashionable, theme styled outfits, some say resemble album covers for the Villiage People, (Cowboy, Biker, Lumberjack, Construction Man) had also assured us that he would fire anyone in the White House who was involved in the leak?????

WE ARE WAITING, MR PRESIDENT. We certainly know that Rove and Libby both discussed Valarie Plame with reporters. They were not fired, and Rove is still there.

I dare say, our Democratic, opps, ah, Republican, ah, Republic, ah, ....Our government,.... (/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifyea, that'll work) our government of late brings back memories of the Nixon administration.....National Security, ah, On-going Investigations, ah, Special Prosecutor Indictments, Covert surveilance of ordinary American Citizens who are War Protestors,.....I wonder if Bob Woodward still has his red flag???? And, if he does, will he tell the truth about who the current Deep Throat really is?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
12-16-2005, 01:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Today, many representatives stood before The House, and said,

Mr. President, I ask for unanimous consent to revise and extend my remarks in opposition to HR 612, and in honor of our Brave troops in Iraq, I urge republicans to share a full/complete and open debate, in this House, on this Floor, on the war in Iraq, and the policies of this administration.
I congratulate the Iraqis on a successful election,....
Some added...
I congratulate the Iraqis on a successful election, and it is time to bring our troops home in the interest of peace.
some added...
And there should be no permanent bases in Iraq...

This resolution would include examinations of the October 7, 2002 address by the president...and the January 28, 2003 State Of The Union Address.

OMG, according to some people's standards, this would mean that our Representatives hate America!!!!
"While our country is not perfect, we don't put it's ideas at risk by debate. If we did, this country would have sunk long ago." <font color="blue"> Can someone interpret this to Gayle better than I have? One more time. It means, We don't put our country's ideas at risk when we debate them. This, in turn means, It's o.k. to debate the issues. Doing so does not risk them. In other words, Debating ideas does not harm us nor risk our country. I don't know what about that you can't understand. Maybe you read too many books. </font color>

Apparently some self-proclaimed experts on our America, and the problems of democracy, oh excuse me, problems of the republic, LMAO, don't believe that open and public debate is an indication of freedom......HMMMM, didn't Stalin, Hitler, Saddam, Kruschev, oh my, the list is so long, but wasn't that also their policy? Interesting, that also, we have an administration which pulls all manner of dirty tricks and tactics in order to smother opportunity for Americans, through their representatives, or as individuals, to examine in the light of day, and scrutinize the accuracy and legality of their policies. Having suffered through all other abuse of power by this administration, our representatives must fight on the floor of the House to be given the opportunity to have an open debate regarding the honesty of this administration, the truthfulness, or lack of truthfulness regarding the path to war, and information fed to the public, and our Government, and their policies on the war in Iraq, both past and present. <font color="blue"> What kind of debate do you think has been ging on the last two years? Open debate on every street corner, in the internet and even in congress. It this were not true, how would we know how the parties stand? You throw in some comments by a legislator and then a few of their self serving "support of our troops" slogans and feel they are asking for something they cannot or could not have done long ago. Even without a majority, any memeber of congress can speak on any subject. For that matter, for days unless a two thirds majority votes for him to stop. How are they not getting a chance to express their views? </font color>

As they decipher all this, they must also find the time to concern themselves with the new issue of the day, as to whether or not phones, e-mails, of ordinary Americans and other personal information, have been wire tapped and spied upon by this administration. Needless to say, Helen Thomas was stone walled by the illustrious appointed Press Secretary in the Bush White House, when asked point blank whether or not the privacy of ordinary Americans was being abused by the administraion's suspected policy of wire tapping and retrieving e-mails of ordinary Americans without first going to a judge for a search warrant. These Americans would include critics of the administration's policies, and demonstrators against the war, including quakers and other non-violent demonstrators. Claiming National Security issues, ofcourse our illustrious Presidential Press Secretary, refused to answer Mrs. Thomas's forthright question, "Does or Does not this administration siy on average Americans?"

Had he answered, what should we believe of his answer anyway? Wasn't he the one who assured us that he had personally talked with Karl Rove, and Scooter Libby, and they had assured him that they did not have any discussions regarding Valerie Plame with reporters, no involvment whatsoever....oh, but wasn't that also after our Illustrious president, whose many photo-ops display very fashionable, theme styled outfits, some say resemble album covers for the Villiage People, (Cowboy, Biker, Lumberjack, Construction Man) <font color="blue"> You are now concerned with his fashion sense, right? </font color> had also assured us that he would fire anyone in the White House who was involved in the leak?????

I dare say, our Democratic, opps, ah, Republican, ah, Republic, ah, ....Our government,.... (/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifyea, that'll work) our government of late brings back memories of the Nixon administration.....National Security, ah, On-going Investigations, ah, Special Prosecutor Indictments, Covert surveilance of ordinary American Citizens who are War Protestors,.....I wonder if Bob Woodward still has his red flag???? <font color="blue"> So you think Bob Woodward hates America? </font color>

Gayle in Md.

Deeman

<hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
12-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Deeman, you couldn't be more wrong:
[ QUOTE ]
You are now concerned with his fashion sense, right? <hr /></blockquote>

She's concerned about his music, not his pilot's cap and Stetson boots.
And you really have her Bob Woodward remark wrong

"....and to the Republican's, for which it stands"?????
I love Big Brother.......

Gayle in MD
12-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Thanks Jack, gee do ya think nobody else knows that the Democrats had to shut down the Senate in order to force the Republicans to agree to continue the investigation into 9/11? Nobody else but me knows that the republicans stripped the Democrats of their right to subpoena documents for the investigation. Nobody but me knows that Bush did everything he could od to stop the investigation, including cutting the funding for it? Surely, I'm not the only one who realizes that someone is hiding something....

Gayle in Md. wonders if they're tapping my phones, LOL.