PDA

View Full Version : To fans and/or friends of Dr. Cue

sack316
12-17-2005, 03:22 AM
meant to post this earlier in the week, but it just slipped my mind. Dr. Cue Tom Rossman will be at the poolhall I work at (Bumpers Billiards in Montgomery, AL) tonight 12-17 at 7:00. Anyone around the area feel free to come out, or if anyone has any messages they'd like me to pass along I'd be happy to do so. I'll be the sexy little beer wench due to a shortage of staff (or if it's like tonight with the call ins I'll be doing everything in the whole place), so come see me and tip well!
Seriously though, if anyone has any comments or questions for me to pass on, just let me know. I'll check back on here before I go to work, and sorry for the short notice!

Sack

Billy
12-17-2005, 06:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> meant to post this earlier in the week, but it just slipped my mind. Dr. Cue Tom Rossman will be at the poolhall I work at (Bumpers Billiards in Montgomery, AL) tonight 12-17 at 7:00. Anyone around the area feel free to come out, or if anyone has any messages they'd like me to pass along I'd be happy to do so. I'll be the sexy little beer wench due to a shortage of staff (or if it's like tonight with the call ins I'll be doing everything in the whole place), so come see me and tip well!
Seriously though, if anyone has any comments or questions for me to pass on, just let me know. I'll check back on here before I go to work, and sorry for the short notice!

Sack <hr /></blockquote>

his show never ceases to amaze me. although I've seen him perform countless times he continues to be excellent and always entertaining

hope you can watch while working Sack. if you've never seen him do his thing, you're in for a treat

jmo

Billy
12-17-2005, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> meant to post this earlier in the week, but it just slipped my mind. Dr. Cue Tom Rossman will be at the poolhall I work at (Bumpers Billiards in Montgomery, AL) tonight 12-17 at 7:00. Anyone around the area feel free to come out, or if anyone has any messages they'd like me to pass along I'd be happy to do so. I'll be the sexy little beer wench due to a shortage of staff (or if it's like tonight with the call ins I'll be doing everything in the whole place), so come see me and tip well!

Sack <hr /></blockquote>

his show never ceases to amaze me. although I've seen him perform countless times he continues to be excellent and always entertaining

hope you can watch while working Sack. if you've never seen him do his thing, you're in for a treat

jmo <hr /></blockquote>

one more thing that I feel is important.a lot of trick shot guys give their show and 'talk' of their skills on the table

Tom Rossman is a real poolplayer and is not afraid to show it. he doesn't gamble but when not performing his show he will enter heavy-duty tournaments with top notch competition and lets his stick do the talking.

Massey and Rossman are the only ones daring enough to show their real pool playing skills in public

again have fun ... but this is jmo

pooltchr
12-17-2005, 06:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> I'll be the sexy little beer wench

Sack <hr /></blockquote>

I've seen Tom perform and it is a great show....but this part of your comment....now THAT'S what I call motivation!!!
Wish I could be there!
Steve

Deeman3
12-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Sack,

I haven't seen Tom over a year so i may drop by. Where is Bumpers? If you can give me the general direction, i would appreciate it. I'll be comeing from Luverne up 331.

Look forward to seeing you if we can make it.

Deeman
I'll be looknig for a beer wentch?

recoveryjones
12-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Tell Tom,

Thanks for producing those most excellent kicking and banking videos.They are so full of excellent information and very well explained. Because of those videos,my kicking and banking game has improved substancially.
RJ

sack316
12-17-2005, 12:58 PM
thanks all for your replies and I do look forward to seeing the show. I made good money the last few nights up there, so I can afford to slack of a little a watch him hopefully! (note to those excited: I do not wear a skirt... sorry to disappoint you! But one of these days I may have to "drag" it up, based on the sheer number of friends who think it would be hilarious)

Dee, not sure how exactly to explain how to get there from your direction. But if you're familiar with Montgomery at all (which it seems to me you've been this way a time or two), the address is 121 N. Burbank Drive (if you want to mapquest it). Basically if you know where Atlanta highway is, and where the Bypass and Atalanta highway overlap, then you're pretty well there. Right there at the overlap is Eastdale Mall. Going down Atlanta highway (if the mall is on your left you're going the right direction), Burbank is about 4 traffic lights up-- you'll see a spectrum/BP gas station with a McDonald's right beside it. Turning left at that light has you on Burbank Drive. The very first shopping center on your left once you're on Burbank is where we're at. We are all the way down at the end of the shopping center. If you need better directions give me a call or call Bumpers (hopefully I'll be heading up there in the next coupld eof hours to practice some before work). Bumpers number is (334)279-7665. I'll PM you my cel phone number too just in case.

Recoveryjones, I'll pass the message along for ya when and if I get the chance to talk with him. Hopefully I will. I know a ton of APA folks around the area are coming for it.

Also for those interested, he'll be at the Bumpers in Birmingham tomorrow as well (sunday). Not sure what time he's starting that one off, but you can contact Walter Mims at (205)733-0505 for more info on that one.

Dee, hopefully see ya in a few hours!

Sack

Deeman3
12-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Sack,

I'm in the process of trying to escape work and told Tori to be ready in case we can go. This reminds me the last time I saw Tom was at Bumpers in Auburn as he was doing an APA kick-off thing there maybe two years ago. He did a great show.

Deeman

sack316
12-17-2005, 02:10 PM
I know Kathy will be there too, as well as plenty of others I'm sure you haven't seen in a while. Hope you can make it!

joewihit
12-17-2005, 06:50 PM
If your a fan of Dr. Cue and other Trick Shot pool players don't forget about ESPN airing the new 2005 ESPN Trick Shot Magic Tournament in which Stefano Pelinga WINS. Enclosed are the times for 18th Dec 2005 (Eastern Standard Time)

Dec 18
2005 Men's Trick Shot Magic Nick Nikolaidis vs. Luke Szywala 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm

2005 Men's Trick Shot Magic Tom Rossman vs. Stefano Pelinga 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm

2005 Men's Trick Shot Magic Nick Nikolaidis vs. Stefano Pelinga 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm

2005 Women's Trick Shot Magic Billiards Gerda Hofstatter vs. Ewa Laurance 5:30 pm to 6:00 pm
(30-Min Version)

2005 Women's Trick Shot Magic Billiards Allison Fisher vs. Ewa Laurance 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm

If you are a Trick Shot fan, you may want to get your VCR ready.

For more information about Stefano or other professional Trick Shot pool players feel free to email me at: pool.trickshots at juno.com

Sincerely,
Joseph Whalen
pool.trickshots AT juno.com (replace AT with @ and no space)

PS: Tom (Dr. Cue) puts on a wonderful and energenic show. You won't be disappointed. Bring your cue's because he will play you a match after the show.

Deeman3
12-18-2005, 08:14 AM
Sack,

I really enjoyed seeing you and Kathy as well. Bumper sis a nice place and we will be back. I didn't get to say hello to Tom as he was busy and Tori kept me busy shooting. She made a couple of friends while we were there.

I can't wait until we get a chance to come when you are not working so we can hit a few.

Deeman

sack316
12-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Deeman, I had a great time too. I wish I hadn't have been working so we could have chatted more (I love hearing stories about my good friends from back in the day!). You and Tori were a lot of fun, and hopefully between the two of us we'll find a common off day eventually so we can bang 'em around for a while! Next trip I'm getting your pool comped (tried to last night, but Saturdays are tough to do... any other night I'll get it taken care of though)

Dr. Cue put on a great show as always, and his wife is a nice lady. It was a pleasure to meet then last night as well. Too bad you and Tori didn't stay for the whole thing though, and you got to miss a little closing time excitement! When will people learn to fight before last call so they don't delay me getting home /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

y'all take care and we'll talk soon!

Sack

Scott Lee
12-20-2005, 01:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> Massey and Rossman are the only ones daring enough to show their real pool playing skills in public
<hr /></blockquote>

Billy...I don't know how many trick shot shows you've seen, but you're nuts if you think Mike &amp; Tom are the only ones who can play! I can name a dozen trick shot artists (myself included), who can play well enough to hold their own with most anybody, on a given day.

Scott Lee

Billy
12-23-2005, 09:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> Massey and Rossman are the only ones daring enough to show their real pool playing skills in public
<hr /></blockquote>

Billy...I don't know how many trick shot shows you've seen, but you're nuts if you think Mike &amp; Tom are the only ones who can play! I can name a dozen trick shot artists (myself included), who can play well enough to hold their own with most anybody, on a given day.

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

then I'm nuts, please feel free to correct me because I think it's all talk

trying to think of others, Andy Segal(sp?) and the christian trick shot fellow whose name escapes me but sorry I can't think of others that show their respective skills in nationally recognized pool tournaments

you speak of yourself as usual Mr Lee but sorry I can't recall ever seeing your name anywhere besides on the CCB.

please feel free to name any national or international trick shot competitions that you've entered much less national or international 9-ball, 1-pocket, etc. competitions on 9' tables you were "daring enough to show their real pool playing skills in public".

yes, many may consider me nuts as you implied Mr Lee but first and foremost I let my cue do the talking

jmo

recoveryjones
12-23-2005, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> Massey and Rossman are the only ones daring enough to show their real pool playing skills in public
<hr /></blockquote>

trying to think of others, Andy Segal(sp?) and the christian trick shot fellow whose name escapes me but sorry I can't think of others that show their respective skills in nationally recognized pool tournaments

you speak of yourself as usual Mr Lee but sorry I can't recall ever seeing your name anywhere besides on the CCB.

please feel free to name any national or international trick shot competitions that you've entered much less national or international 9-ball, 1-pocket, etc. competitions on 9' tables you were "daring enough to show their real pool playing skills in public".

yes, many may consider me nuts as you implied Mr Lee but first and foremost I let my cue do the talking

jmo <hr /></blockquote>

OK Billy,

You let your cue do the talking right????

Get your cue to tell us right now what YOU HAVE WON!!!
RJ

Judge and you will be judged......

Deeman3
12-23-2005, 11:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> Massey and Rossman are the only ones daring enough to show their real pool playing skills in public
<hr /></blockquote>

jmo <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> How come, wherever we see one of these nuts who let's his cue do the talking, it's only talk we hear, they never tell us where they are so we can come and "hear" their cue talk and when they do show up, they say, "Naw, I aint gonna play you but I know someone who will!"

I'll back Scott with this guy gettin the eight.

Deeman </font color>

sack316
12-23-2005, 02:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>
<font color="blue"> How come, wherever we see one of these nuts who let's his cue do the talking, it's only talk we hear, they never tell us where they are so we can come and "hear" their cue talk and when they do show up, they say, "Naw, I aint gonna play you but I know someone who will!"

Deeman </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

ditto

Sack

Billy
12-26-2005, 04:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote recoveryjones:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> Massey and Rossman are the only ones daring enough to show their real pool playing skills in public
<hr /></blockquote>

jmo <hr /></blockquote>

OK Billy,

You let your cue do the talking right????

Get your cue to tell us right now what YOU HAVE WON!!!
RJ

Judge and you will be judged...... <hr /></blockquote>

my polite and honest cue doesn't converse in that manner Mr Jones

nor do i have or need the bravado that some seem to thrive on

jmo

Billy
12-26-2005, 04:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> Massey and Rossman are the only ones daring enough to show their real pool playing skills in public
<hr /></blockquote>

jmo <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

for a number of reasons you will not

jmo

joewihit
12-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Hello Scott and/or Billy,
What about Stefano Pelinga from Rome Italy. He won this years- 2005 ESPN Trick Shot Magic, he has come in 2nd place 3 times, has beaten Mike Massey twice during ESPN and has even won the US Trick Shot Open in 2003. He has two DVD full of shots that only 2 or 3 other people in the world can make (in the first 3 tries), and has produced 2 VHS tapes on Trick shots. For more information about trick shot / artistic players please visit http://www.artisticpoolplayers.com/index.php or http://www.artisticpool.org or http://www.stefanopelinga.com

THANKS
Sincerely,
Joseph Whalen
pool.trickshots at juno.com

sack316
12-28-2005, 02:03 AM
sorry to interrupt the debate here, but just thought I'd chime in with a little something more back on the original topic.
I posted a little "thank you" note on Dr. Cue's guestbook, and a few days later he sent me a personal email back in response to it. Not really a big deal, but sure was another example of what a class act and caring person he is to take a little time out of his busy schedule to write back to one guy without the use of an automated response.

Sack

p.s. as far as the little debate this has turned into, I'm fairly certain most all trick shot artists were (and are) pretty good shooters at some point along the way. Most, in fact, are probably really great players. Maybe they are not top world class tournament players, but then again neither are the vast majority of "real players" anyway. Just some food for thought. Trick shot artists get a bum rap as players-- but every one I've ever seen playing regular games has held his own quite well IMO.

Billy
12-31-2005, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote joewihit:</font><hr> Hello Scott and/or Billy,
What about Stefano Pelinga from Rome Italy. He won this years- 2005 ESPN Trick Shot Magic, he has come in 2nd place 3 times, has beaten Mike Massey twice during ESPN and has even won the US Trick Shot Open in 2003. He has two DVD full of shots that only 2 or 3 other people in the world can make (in the first 3 tries), and has produced 2 VHS tapes on Trick shots. For more information about trick shot / artistic players please visit http://www.artisticpoolplayers.com/index.php or http://www.artisticpool.org or http://www.stefanopelinga.com

THANKS
Sincerely,
Joseph Whalen
pool.trickshots at juno.com <hr /></blockquote>

I was initially speaking of a trick shot artist that displays their skills of actual pool playing Joe when not competing or entertaining with their primary job

Massey and Rossman also enter real pool events to display their all around talent.although I've never seen the policeman play actual pool I do really admire Mr Pelinga for his trick shot prowess.I didn't include him because of never seeing him in the other arena of pool playing

but on the other hand Mr Pelinga doesn't seem to possess the need or desire to 'talk' of his skills to the many unknowing.he simply displays them under the lights with the worlds best trick shot artists

he is obviously one who lets his cue do the talkin' Joe

jmo

Billy
12-31-2005, 11:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> sorry to interrupt the debate here, but just thought I'd chime in with a little something more back on the original topic.
I posted a little "thank you" note on Dr. Cue's guestbook, and a few days later he sent me a personal email back in response to it. Not really a big deal, but sure was another example of what a class act and caring person he is to take a little time out of his busy schedule to write back to one guy without the use of an automated response.

Sack

p.s. as far as the little debate this has turned into, I'm fairly certain most all trick shot artists were (and are) pretty good shooters at some point along the way. Most, in fact, are probably really great players. Maybe they are not top world class tournament players, but then again neither are the vast majority of "real players" anyway. Just some food for thought. Trick shot artists get a bum rap as players-- but every one I've ever seen playing regular games has held his own quite well IMO. <hr /></blockquote>

amusing to say the least - there is no debate here Sack

you either have it or you don't and imo most don't - if you had it you'd flaunt it

jmo

Billy
12-31-2005, 12:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr>

Sack

<hr /></blockquote>

should have said something in relation to your entire post,sorry

Mr Rossman is a complete gentleman that carries himself well at all times.it doesn't surprise me in the least that he would personally write back with a thank you or some kind of acknowledgement

jmo

HALHOULE
02-23-2006, 11:42 PM
I have seen Dr Cue play many times. He is a player of professional stature, and one hell of a nice guy. He can play jam up at any game he wants to turn his hand to. Anyone who doubts his skill is in for a very rude awakening, let me tell you. I would back his play against any wild-assed idiot on this or any other forum. Period.

HAL

ChrisOnline
02-25-2006, 12:33 AM
yes.. i have seen Dr cue many times myself.. what a great guy he is.. also met Stefano at valley forge one year.. maybe two years ago.. we all went for breakfast together at this dinner down there somewhere.. very frendly.. there was another guy too..forget what his name was through.. he also did the artistic pool...

but Tom rossmans show is great.. he is hilliarous when he starts going on about how missing the ball just perfect is the trick.. and he said that when he makes a ball he gets upset because the ball is gone.. but then he can just hit the ball and watch it go.. lol.. you hafta see it..

chris

lukeinva
02-25-2006, 03:43 AM
yeah I saw him in VF one year also. I like his spring loaded cue!