PDA

View Full Version : Billiards Digest is Correct

jjinfla
06-27-2002, 08:14 PM
Billiards Digest is correct and everyone else is wrong. At long last I have finally found the definitive proof how to spell Deuel's first name. It is Cory, just the way BD has always been spelling it. The proof is in an ad in BD Magazine where Cory is promoting Cues 5280. Now, since Cory Deuel, is the #1 ranked player in the world, why is it that the media can't get his first name right? And you wonder why pool isn't going anywhere? Jake

06-27-2002, 08:23 PM
I would NOT be surprised to learn that the Ad writer(s) got the spelling wrong.

Troy
06-27-2002, 09:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> I would NOT be surprised to learn that the Ad writer(s) got the spelling wrong. <hr></blockquote>

Ooops... Didn't mean to be Anon.....

06-27-2002, 10:42 PM
Actually, I think that the ad was wrong. I asked Mika Immonen, who is good friends with Corey how Corey spelled it and Mika was sure that it was with an "e". I sure would like to hear it straight from Cory/Corey, though.

Chris Cass
06-27-2002, 10:43 PM
Hi Jake,

I took back a tub part back to Lowes Warehouse by me. It's a store that sells equipment for home remodeling. It's pretty big out here in BFE Midwest. Well, the cashier at the return dept told me I had to get a refund before I could get the one I needed at the same price. Store policy states I have to sign a receipt. I signed it Earl Strickland. The cashier looked at me and said, have a good day Mr. Strickland. Heide, yelled at me the whole night.

Goes to show you what the public knows about pool, and it's fame.

C.C.

06-27-2002, 10:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: jjinfla:</font><hr> Billiards Digest is correct and everyone else is wrong. At long last I have finally found the definitive proof how to spell Deuel's first name. It is Cory, just the way BD has always been spelling it. The proof is in an ad in BD Magazine where Cory is promoting Cues 5280. Now, since Cory Deuel, is the #1 ranked player in the world, why is it that the media can't get his first name right? And you wonder why pool isn't going anywhere? Jake <hr></blockquote>

PLONK! Your wrong it's spelled Corey not Cory. BD is wrong and so are you.

Kato
06-28-2002, 06:58 AM
There you go again. Sandbagging the lower players to think you're some bum from the Midwest when really you're Earl "The Pearl". Unbelievable. Just for that I'm gonna beat ya flat. 10 dollars a game, 100 dollar freeze out. And I don't rattle kid.

Kato~~~finally got an honest answer out of Chris about his game. Heck, I need the last 2 from Heide and the breaks from Christ.

jjinfla
06-28-2002, 07:10 AM
I guess you guys missed my whole point. It's not about who is right or wrong, it's the fact that here we have the #1 ranked player in pool and there is no consensus on how to spell his name. And the only right way is his way and it is up to the media to find out what his way is. But other than a point of discussion it really is no big thing to me. It just amuses me when I hear people talking about how to make pool better and they can't even get the simple stuff right. I wonder how he will want it spelled when and if the time comes for him to be voted into the Hall of Fame? Jake~~~maybe there are twins?

Sid_Vicious
06-28-2002, 08:11 AM
It seems to me that it's simple to figure this out...someone look at their autograph the got from the guy...sid

Rich R.
06-28-2002, 08:14 AM
They had this same discussion on AZB. From some of the postings there, it appears that it is Corey (Cory) who has changed the spelling of his name. Rich R.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-28-2002, 08:15 AM
Now this is funny,

The UPA website www.upatour.com (http://www.upatour.com) has his name spelled both ways.

Check it out..

Tom_In_Cincy
06-28-2002, 08:41 AM
When Corey Deuel won the 2001 US Open, he had a cue case made by Jack Justis.. Jack's reponse to the spelling question of the century..

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>This is how he wants it on his new case:

COREY DEUEL
US OPEN 9-BALL CHAMPION
Jack Justis

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.members.aol.com/JJustis4/index.html>www.members.aol.com/JJustis4/index.html</a><hr></blockquote>

PQQLK9
06-28-2002, 09:06 AM
WELL!...now you know the rest of the story...good day....(Paul Harvey)/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

cuechick
06-29-2002, 08:02 PM
from what I have heard about the boy, there is a good chance he doesn't know how to spell it! /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

06-29-2002, 08:31 PM
Perhaps so, and that's the impression I got too. Still, he is pretty...../ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

jjinfla
06-29-2002, 08:54 PM
And he did win over a hundred thou last year. Jake

jjinfla
06-29-2002, 09:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr>
PLONK! Your wrong it's spelled Corey not Cory. BD is wrong and so are you. <hr></blockquote>

Okay, I give up, I don't really care anymore. I was just making a point. But I think he must really be a loser not to have any friends that would set us straight. Can you imagine that happening in any other sport? That's what all you young kids have to look forward to if you want to get to the top of pool. You get there and nobody gives a rip about you. And like the two ladies above they make fun of your lack of education. Jake

06-29-2002, 09:20 PM
Hey!!! We might have made fun of his education, but we did reduce him to nothing more than a cut of beefcake! (Lorri knows a joke when she sees one!) ( Not talking about Corey/Cory here)

PoolChick02
06-29-2002, 11:05 PM
Yes, he is very pretty indeed.

06-30-2002, 01:13 PM
Niels is better though! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif And Sooooo nice..usually guys that good looking are jerks.

PoolChick02
06-30-2002, 07:05 PM
I have to agree with you on Niels, he is really attractive! Nice to know there are still some good looking non-jerks out there.

07-01-2002, 08:53 AM
jjinfl said.&lt;&lt;&lt; But I think he must really be a loser not to have any friends that would set us straight.&lt;&lt;

I thought the spelling of Corey Deule's name was already settled. When I made his case, he wrote it down on a piece of napkin to insure I would get it spelled right on his case. Check it out on my website..

Scott Lee
07-01-2002, 09:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Jack Justis:</font><hr>
I thought the spelling of Corey Deule's name was already settled. When I made his case, he wrote it down on a piece of napkin to insure I would get it spelled right on his case. Check it out on my website.. <hr></blockquote>

Excuse me Mr. Justice, but you have posted twice on this, and spelled it differently both times. Which is the correct version? Is is Corey Deuel, or Corey Deule? I believe it is the former.

Scott Lee

Q-guy
07-01-2002, 09:55 AM
You have just entered into one of the real problems with information in media. This includes the Internet. Just because you see it in print, does not mean it is true.

Q-guy
07-01-2002, 10:03 AM
On Jacks web site the picture of the case has it Deuel. I would say that is the answer unless the kid doesn't know himself.

Eric.
07-01-2002, 10:12 AM
["Excuse me Mr. Justice," ]

I think Jack made a typo. For the sake of argument, on his website it it shows 'Corey Deuel'.

Eric

Vapros
07-01-2002, 10:13 AM
Enough already about this. My information is that the young man's name is Alphonse Jerome Deuel. Korri is a nickname (Latvian word meaning 'Run the rack') bestowed upon him by an Irishman who runs a kosher tamale stand on Fire Island. Let's move on.

07-01-2002, 12:42 PM
Scott, I didn't think anyone would notice....lol The correct spelling is on the case at my website. If your really interested check it out

07-01-2002, 12:45 PM
Hey Scot,
It's Justis, not Justice

phil in sofla
07-01-2002, 02:01 PM
Anybody who would add an extra 'e' to the perfectly good name of 'Duel' can be sure to have added an 'e' to 'Cory,' as well. Not to mention wearing those sunglasses at night.

Scott Lee
07-01-2002, 03:58 PM
Jack Justis...Ooops, my bad! LOL

Scot(t) Lee ~ never said spelling was my strongest suit!