PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Pool Table

pocopine
12-17-2005, 11:33 AM
New here and I've searched the forum for info on these but I couldn't find any comments on outdoor pool tables. I've played for many years and love it, but I'm not a tournament player or purist. I would love to have an indoor table, but I don't have the room for it and can't afford to add an extra room to my house.

This company, Outdoor Concepts (http://www.outdoorpooltables.com), seems to have a great line of tables that are designed for the outdoors with all alluminum and stainless steel hardware.

All I want to know is if anyone has had any experience with these or ever played on one?

Thanks in advance . . .

geotlyrae
12-21-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm also looking for the same thing, without any replies. Several companies are saying that all wood tables would hold up in a covered patio, but it seems none of them warrant their tables. Who wants to spend all that money and have a warped table. I'm also leaning to an outside table..

Proteon
12-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Hey thats pretty cool, oh and look the "Portable" ONLY weighs 250lbs /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

airyago
12-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Look at my BULLSEYE BILLIARD TABLE. Round. Hole in center.
www.bullseyebilliards.biz (http://www.bullseyebilliards.biz) Minimum room size is 14'sq.
Videos on webpage of bank shot and kick shot.
I retired 8 years ago (kinda). Wanted a challenge.
I started building them in my basement last spring.
Went thru much design and re-design. I was going to
make it perfect or I wasn't going to build it. It's
pretty darn close. Email me. I'll send you pics
of the last two I built. The table in the webpage
was the prototype. It's on public display. Now use
White Pecan/Dark Pecan 12 alternating sections around
the perimeter of playing surface. Uses 2-1/4"D balls.
Has a pocket (hole 2-5/16"D) in the very center.
A round top (3/4" wood or 5/16 glass) makes it a table.
Yep, it's patented. In 1884! Lookup #696,677 at
www.uspto.gov (http://www.uspto.gov) I now see why they didn't get made.
I had to figure out how to get the circular cushion
to stay solid. It took a few tries.
P.S.- Sorry the webpage is so crude but it was my
intro into the world webpages, domains, and hosts.
I gonna make it better soon. And if you don't
speak "hillbilly", sign me off as..... 'ere-ya-go

clouderold
12-27-2005, 12:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pocopine:</font><hr> New here and I've searched the forum for info on these but I couldn't find any comments on outdoor pool tables. I've played for many years and love it, but I'm not a tournament player or purist. I would love to have an indoor table, but I don't have the room for it and can't afford to add an extra room to my house.

This company, Outdoor Concepts (http://www.outdoorpooltables.com), seems to have a great line of tables that are designed for the outdoors with all alluminum and stainless steel hardware.

All I want to know is if anyone has had any experience with these or ever played on one?

Thanks in advance . . . <hr /></blockquote>

Very interesting, I wonder how much they are... I sent in an inquiry to see. I also have no room inside and would love to have an outdoor table

-----------

iacas
12-27-2005, 05:59 AM
Indeed, that's interesting.

SPetty
12-27-2005, 08:20 AM
I didn't see the web site. It wanted me to download something and I didn't and it took forever to do nothing.

Can anyone link to a picture off the web site to post here?

wolfdancer
12-27-2005, 08:38 AM
What a great idea...now all you need to make it even more challenging are some rubber bumpers in the middle.
"build 'em" in the baement....you mean there's more then one???
With the exception of bank shots, the total length of the shot could only be 2 1/2 ft....but I guess the challenge is in the small hole in the middle...somewhat like an Arabian style toilet.
I wouldn't sink my life savings into this project....I've seen oval, and "L" shaped pool tables at Billiards Expos....and haven't seen them since.

airyago
12-27-2005, 02:30 PM
My apologies. My first webpage. Rude and crude.
I got an expert working on improving the webpage.
It does seem to work if you hit the re-fresh key.
The videos of bank and kick shots are neat to watch.
I am going to try to post a photo of either the
orange felted table (sold to Univ of TN fan) or
the sherwood green felted table I have just finished.
Or send me an email (airyago@yahoo.com) and I'll
attach photo back to you. 'ere-ya-go