PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Centenial Cloth Trouble

tdurden87
12-18-2005, 06:48 PM
I've had my table about 6 months and it has the Brunswick Centenial Cloth (Mcintosh colored, which is a light maroon) installed on it. After regular use, 4-5 times/week , there are burn marks from where I break from and a line from there to the 1st ball of the rack. It has gotten to the point where it is starting to look like bleach stains on the table. It still plays great, but the spots are getting worse and worse. Has anybody else experienced this problem and if so, how did you take care of it?

frankbullett
12-18-2005, 07:14 PM
SORRY FOR YOUR TROUBLE. I HAVE HAD THE CENTENNIAL CLOTH, TRADITIONAL DARK GREEN, FOR A YEAR AND HAVE FOUND IT TO WEAR BETTER AND SHOW LESS BURN THAT SIMMONIS 860, AND HAVE THE SAME SPEED. ITS A LITTLE HEAVIER WEIGHT SO I THINK IT PLAYS MORE CONSISTANTLY. ALSO, THE WATER PROOFING HOLDS THE CHALK ON TOP THE CLOTH BETTER AND KEEPS IT FROM WORKING DOWN TO THE SLATE. I WONDER IF YOU GOT PEICE FROM A BAD LOT? I WOULD DEFINATELY CONTACT BRUNSWICK OR THE BRUNSWICK DEALER THAT INSTALLED IT AND HAVE THEM REPLACE IT. MY EXPERIENCES WITH MY LOCAL BRUNSWICK DEALER IS THAT THEY WOULD DO THAT. GOOD LUCK

wolfdancer
12-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Watch any pro tournament....the play on new cloth, and by the end of the first day there are burn marks, and a noticable line to the rack.
It didn't take long after the pool hall recovered their tables for the skid marks to show up.
Same thing happens when I buy new underwear......

houseman
12-18-2005, 09:14 PM
If you have a piece of the left over cloth from your table install or just a clean white towel you can lightly wet it with warm water and wipe down the cloth, this usually makes it look new again. I do this in my 8 table pool room and it makes them nice again for a while anyway.