PDA

View Full Version : Help with my stealth cue.. repair or replace???

zanemoseley
12-19-2005, 09:13 PM
I have a pretty nice Stealth cue that was my first nice cue about 3 years ago. I got pretty good with it but ended up screwing up the shaft in a half assed attempt to sand it out some. I think its still functionally ok but when you stroke the cue shaft it has little bumps on it. More or less it sort of annoys me so I though I'll just replace the shaft. Being the novice I am when it comes to cues I didn't realize how much a good shaft costs $137 for a black dot and $200 for a predator.

So would it be worth my while to get a $130+ shaft for a cue that only costs like $80 new? Should I just get a new cue all together and keep the stealth for breaking? Currently I don't have a separate cue for breaking.

The new cues I was looking at were the Meucci black demo cue from budgetcues.com. Its only $208 with a black dot, thats only like $70 for the butt. http://www.budgetcues.com/meucci_demo_cue.htm
I could also stretch it to get a nicer looker for $250 but I don't like a lot of the meucci designs.

I also like this falcon http://www.budgetcues.com/falcon-pool-cue-fx2.htm

And this McDermott http://www.budgetcues.com/mcdermott-pool-cue-m2-01.htm

I also saw this Phillipean (sp?) custom on ebay for about $200 but don't really know of the quality, he has good feedback but I really question the quality although it looks like a nice cue. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7205333691&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I was sort of drawn to the black dot shaft because of all the propaganda "deflection" videos they have on budgetcues.com Videos (http://www.budgetcues.com/meucci%20black%20dot.htm) They show the black dot far and away on top above all others tested in their "unbiased" test.

Someone in the know help me wade though all this BS and help me pick a good playing cue that if possible doesn't look like a turd however that is second in priority. Also if you have any links to cue reviews that would be helpful as I wasn't very successful in my search for them.

Scott Lee
12-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Why pay for the b.s. from Meucci or Predator? Why don't you just get a replacement shaft direct from Stealth? You should be able to do that for $50. Call them at 623-210-6472.

Scott Lee

zanemoseley
12-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Have you guys seen the meucci black dot shaft videos where they have that machine rigged up to measure deflection in the shot with different cues and shafts. According to them the black dot is far an away the winner in all categories. Are these vids a bunch of crap or are they worthwhile, they do the shooting in front of you but I'm not sure about the test though.

wolfdancer
12-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh ye of little faith......since I stenciled a black dot on my Predator shaft, i've noticed even less deflection then before.
I kind of believe in the BS....'cause my Predator is the best hitting cue that I've owned...and I had a very nice Joss once, also a Cognoscenti.
I'm guessing that Meucci or Predator won't be lining up to sponsor your "tour"......lol
Scott, hope you and the new wife have a great holiday, and the pit stop is usually available if you're in the neighborhood.

Sid_Vicious
12-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Scott has the best starting place, then the question is there, or it goes away unless you might be hankering for a new cue or unique shaft anyway. let us know what the outcome is...sid

pooltchr
12-21-2005, 07:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote zanemoseley:</font><hr> Have you guys seen the meucci black dot shaft videos where they have that machine rigged up to measure deflection in the shot with different cues and shafts. According to them the black dot is far an away the winner in all categories. Are these vids a bunch of crap or are they worthwhile, they do the shooting in front of you but I'm not sure about the test though. <hr /></blockquote>

Let's see...Meucci produces a video testing products and their product is the winner.....Predator tests products and their product is the winner....Do you suppose this is something their marketing departments developed in order to increase sales???????
Steve

Rich R.
12-21-2005, 07:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>Let's see...Meucci produces a video testing products and their product is the winner.....Predator tests products and their product is the winner....Do you suppose this is something their marketing departments developed in order to increase sales??????? <hr /></blockquote>
When is the Fury test due for release? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

catscradle
12-21-2005, 12:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Oh ye of little faith......since I stenciled a black dot on my Predator shaft, i've noticed even less deflection then before.
I kind of believe in the BS....'cause my Predator is the best hitting cue that I've owned...and I had a very nice Joss once, also a Cognoscenti.
I'm guessing that Meucci or Predator won't be lining up to sponsor your "tour"......lol
Scott, hope you and the new wife have a great holiday, and the pit stop is usually available if you're in the neighborhood.
<hr /></blockquote>

Ahhh, does it matter what the "black dot" is put on with? Is a pencil as good as a magic marker? Does deflection keep reducing as you add more and more "black dots"?
Inquiring minds need to know.

pooltchr
12-21-2005, 05:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>Let's see...Meucci produces a video testing products and their product is the winner.....Predator tests products and their product is the winner....Do you suppose this is something their marketing departments developed in order to increase sales??????? <hr /></blockquote>
When is the Fury test due for release? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I've been testing mine for about 3 years now...and it still has a winning percentage! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve