View Full Version : Do you remember????

Drake
06-28-2002, 01:43 AM
Do you remember when you .....
1) learned how to draw the cue ball???
2) ran you first rack???
3) won your first tournament??
4) made your first legal jump shot??
5) saw the "The color of money" or "The Hustler" ???
6) bought your first cue??
7) made some money playing pool???
8) made the nine on the break on a double hill game???
9) saw your first Professional tournament??
10) found the CCB????

Hopefully, some of these questions made you smile.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-28-2002, 07:15 AM
I remember.. and thanks for bringing a smile to my aching head. (two root canals yesterday)

I still remember screaming wooooohoooo in my truck after my first tournament win.. that was back in the late 70s.. an 8 ball tournament hill hill match, and my opponent scratched making the 8 ball.. back door wins are still considered wins..

Patrick
06-28-2002, 09:05 AM
Bought your first cue is the easiest to rememeber because it says the date and time on the receipt.

Patrick

06-28-2002, 10:11 AM

PQQLK9
06-28-2002, 10:11 AM
Jump Cue = $75.00
Table Time = $3.00/hr.
Bud Lite = $1.50 ea.
Look on my opponents face when I jumped the 8 ball in = PRICELESS!

Tom_In_Cincy
06-28-2002, 10:21 AM
Geez.. these are todays prices in a lot of areas.....
Must be talking about the 8 ball shot.. LOL

Voodoo Daddy
06-28-2002, 07:18 PM
I'll go in order with Drakes list;

1] I was about 10 years old in my dads bar..snatched the big rock about two feet and my dad's eyes were as big as hubcaps on a '71 Buick Duece-n-a-quarter!!

2] I was still in High School and my buddy bet me dinner I couldnt get out the last rack [8-ball], moral of the story? NEVER bet food with a fat guy.

3] Still in High School, it was a High School grudge tournament between the three local H.S.'s. Extra trivia...I beat Tony Ellin in the final [we were on the same team].

4] Hmmmm, not high on the list. I guess I was in my early 20's. Jay Flowers [the old leather case maker] brought several Huebler B/J cues to a tournament. Bought one and jumped balls within ten minutes.

5] The Hustler...25 years ago. Color of Money, the day it came out in the theater. I remember leaving saying "How could they pass that Joss East off as a Bushka?"

6] Star Cue on Miami Beach in 1980...$75 for a cocobolo beauty.

7] After a long drought of loser's I remember winning $150 at a Bar-Box tournament. I was 18 but I looked 21, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

8] Never happens for me, TOO me...sure a few times.

9] Bill Stigal and Grady's all-around in Tampa, 1981. Still talk about it.

10] When I got a computer after my DIVORCE...Dec. 2000.

Chris Cass
06-28-2002, 07:30 PM
This is gonna sound crazy but I don't remember one thing off that list.

C.C.~~I swear....

Karatemom
06-28-2002, 09:44 PM
The one that stands out the most is when I saw my first professional tournament. It was live in St. Charles, Illinois, March 1991, on my honeymoon!!!

Heide ~ will never forget that one, LOL

Mike H
06-28-2002, 09:59 PM
Two that stand out....
1) My 1st legal jump shot....a couple years ago, I forced myself to finally learn to jump with full cue (not easy for me, I use a Predator with an Instroke layered soft tip). I was playing my 1st Joss NE Tour event, I broke and opted to jump to hit the 1 ball rather than push...anyways, I made it and drew the rock 4 feet for shape on the deuce and ran out!! Afterwards, I was ready to give an acceptance speech to the academy for doing a wonderful job of acting like I knew what the hell I was doing.
2) In 15 years of playing, I have NEVER, NEVER, EVER snapped in the 9 in a double hill match without scratching!!!! Can someone please tell me what this feels like??? LOL

Chris Cass
06-28-2002, 10:49 PM
Hey Babe,

I didn't consider it a pro event. I considered that a Pro/am Open. I remember that too. Glad the headboard went back on the wall. Can't forget that. LOL

Love,

Chris

Patrick
06-29-2002, 04:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> But only if you have a photographic memory. Quick, answer when you bought your 1st que or it will be proof that you are a farce. Oops, I forgot Patrick, you over paid $800 to a street vendor for your stick, so you won't be able to remember. <hr></blockquote> I remember it was in 1996, april I think, it was raining outside. Cue, extra shaft and cuecase cost 6105 kr, $800.

The 2nd time I bought new cues was in 1998 august 13, thursday, it was also raining outside, it was in the afternoon maybe 4PM.
All cues, shafts and cuecase cost about 15500 kr, $2000. I don't remember the exact price, I got a discount.
That same day I ordered a DVD player online, I am still waiting for it.

I remember when I bought my computers too. I remember everything I have bought.

Patrick

06-29-2002, 08:57 PM
I remember winning Carl in a pool game. My cousin A.J. told him not to make that bet. After I won A.J. shook his head and told Carl, "Dude, you are going to be SOOO tired!" LOL *(Carl would tell you himself, but he's sleeping!) /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Jay M
06-30-2002, 07:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Drake:</font><hr> Do you remember when you .....
1) learned how to draw the cue ball???
2) ran you first rack???
3) won your first tournament??
4) made your first legal jump shot??
5) saw the "The color of money" or "The Hustler" ???
6) bought your first cue??
7) made some money playing pool???
8) made the nine on the break on a double hill game???
9) saw your first Professional tournament??
10) found the CCB????

Hopefully, some of these questions made you smile. <hr></blockquote>

1-5) nope, don't remember, it was a looooonnng time ago

6) bought a basic meucci in 1987 at the golden cue in clarksville TN. (my first real cue... I had a few of those K-Mart specials before then)

7) made money for my grandfather when I was 6. He used to take me out to this little bar in the evenings. He'd have a beer and I'd play pool. He used to bet on me and I usually won. Don't remember the first time I made money for myself, but it was probably while I was in the Army.

8) no idea

9) this one is kinda funny. I had been playing about 4-5 hours a day average for about 8 or 9 years. I came back and was winning against just about everyone I ran into so I decided to try the Florida Tour in about '96 or '97. My first event was at a place in New Port Richey and I drew some guy from Orlando for my first match. I beat that guy 7-0 and was all full of myself, heck, I'd just beaten a pro resoundingly. Well, my next match was against a guy named Tommy Kennedy. A crowd started to gather around our table and I was conceited enough to think that they had seen me thrash the first guy and were there to watch me... rofl I was playing really well and got up on Kennedy 6-3 and this guy leaned over from the rail and said to me "You're about to beat Tommy!!" as if that was some big deal. I made the fatal mistake of asking the guy why that was so surprising and got a list of TK's achievements. I lost that match 7-6 after missing at least 3 straight in 9 balls. That was the first Pro tournament I ever saw, but it showed me that I had the potential to play against the pros and so I've moved on to competing whenever I have the time to do so. It was a bit of a turning point in my game.

10) about a year or so ago