PDA

View Full Version : Cold Cues Brought To Warm Indoors

Sid_Vicious
12-20-2005, 10:50 AM
I retrieved my 3x6 case from the car because it's cold and rainy outside, normally I just let them stay in the case and warm but this time I decided to show one off to a co-worker and pulled one out. I found that it was gaining moisture very quickly so I unloaded the whole case and wiped down everything. Y'all ever put much thought into this issue???sid

Scott Lee
12-20-2005, 11:00 AM
sid...I've been doing this same thing (cold to warm) for over 30 yrs, with NO detrimental effect to ANY of my cues, EVER! Never wiped 'em down, or anything else. The 'moisture' evaporates very quickly, as the cue warms up. jmo

Scott Lee

Sid_Vicious
12-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Thanks Scott. I can now put my 3 butts and 5 shafts away and not look so geeky here in the office(WATCH IT DEEMAN!) :-)) sid

John_Madden
12-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Lived most of my life in Phoenix with no humidity but 6 mos of 100 plus. Found cues liked the same conditions I liked. I just cringed when I went to the PH and saw cues I built on the dash of a car with no case and it was 110 degrees OUTSIDE in the parking lot and the sun just beating in on that cue. Then the cue went into 60 or 70 a/c -quite a drastic temp change. So if you have the option, bring them inside. Then you never need to have the concern of damage to your cue or shafts due to weather.
Jack
www.johnmaddencues.com (http://www.johnmaddencues.com)

Deeman3
12-20-2005, 04:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Thanks Scott. I can now put my 3 butts and 5 shafts away and not look so geeky here in the office(WATCH IT DEEMAN!) :-)) sid <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Sid, would I ever call you a geek? Naw, equipment Whore, maybe... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I never have had a problem with my cues in the weather but I have always been very conscience of the heat and cold and have maybe gone overboard not to let them get into either extream. My reward is all straight shafts except for a few Meuccis, of course. Both my Balabuska shafts are over 36 years old and as straight as poured milk. Of couse, I have not carried them in my regular case in twenty years or so. As a counter argument, my step-father a great shooter, would leave his cues in the back of a car all summer but, they are still in almost perfect condition. Who knows? I just never wanted to take any chances. </font color>

Deeman

Chopstick
12-21-2005, 08:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Thanks Scott. I can now put my 3 butts and 5 shafts away and not look so geeky here in the office(WATCH IT DEEMAN!) :-)) sid <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Sid, would I ever call you a geek? Naw, equipment Whore, maybe... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

</font color>

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">...or Stud Boy. Studley_Vicious. </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

iacas
12-21-2005, 08:27 PM
I think the science of it all would tell you that a cue will only warp in one direction if it's predisposed to do so...

Deeman3
12-22-2005, 07:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote iacas:</font><hr> I think the science of it all would tell you that a cue will only warp in one direction if it's predisposed to do so... <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Gee, that makes us all feel better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Of course, what about the segmented shafts. There may be multiple possibilities for directional warp but I'd probably feel just as bad with a left warp cue as a right warp cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif </font color>

Deeman