View Full Version : Making this shot [how]

Drop1
12-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Both balls in corner pocket-cue and object ball.START(
%JI9I3%Pd7W6

)END

Bob_Jewett
12-22-2005, 12:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Both balls in corner pocket-cue and object ball.START(
%JI9I3%Pd7W6

)END <hr /></blockquote>
This is like a standard trick shot and also like a (nearly) missed 14.1 break. The cue ball follows straight in, and the object ball banks four cusions. There may be other ways, but I think this is the most likely.

tdurden87
12-22-2005, 02:36 PM
So, you want the cue ball to follow the object ball into the pocket?

Bob_Jewett
12-22-2005, 02:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tdurden87:</font><hr> So, you want the cue ball to follow the object ball into the pocket?
<hr /></blockquote>
The cue ball will get to the pocket first, since the object ball will be going around the table before going into the same pocket. The shot is not a straight-in; hitting the object ball full puts it onto the short rail (at least in my viewer) and I think that's the only way the OP's question makes sense.

Drop1
12-22-2005, 05:53 PM
I was told this was a difficult shot to determine quality of a players stroke. The idea is for the cue ball to follow the object ball into the same corner pocket,traveling in a straight line. There was no mention of any rails. Bob you might be on to something with four rails,but that is not how the shot was described.

Bob_Jewett
12-22-2005, 06:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I was told this was a difficult shot to determine quality of a players stroke. The idea is for the cue ball to follow the object ball into the same corner pocket,traveling in a straight line. There was no mention of any rails. Bob you might be on to something with four rails,but that is not how the shot was described. <hr /></blockquote>
If the shot is straight in, then just follow the ball into the pocket. It's a hard shot, especially from that distance, but not impossible. If the shot is not straight in, then you need some cushions.

Rod
12-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Well, START(
%JI9I3%Pd7W6%]C6F1%^f3X5%eC3a7%_D2D3%`S5P4%ag8X6

)END

Unless you send it 4 rails as mentioned.

Rod

Drop1
12-23-2005, 11:57 AM
If you hit the cue with follow,wouldn't that cause the cue ball, to follow the object ball into the same pocket. Remember this is a practice for bettering your aim,and stroke. A person with a good stroke,should make this shot about two out of ten tries.

Bob_Jewett
12-23-2005, 01:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> If you hit the cue with follow,wouldn't that cause the cue ball, to follow the object ball into the same pocket.... <hr /></blockquote>
This is true only if the shot is straight in. It is impossible to tell in the Wei viewer whether the shot is straight in. Was it originally said to be straight in?

If the shot is set up straight into the pocket, and you have good follow on the cue ball, you will need to put the object ball into the middle third of the pocket for the cue ball to follow it in. This 3:1 ratio is explained in one of the Billiards Digest articles on the SFBA web site. Also, there is a progressive practice drill (in the Basics Clinic handout there), that requires following the object ball into the pocket from longer and longer distances.

Rod
12-23-2005, 05:00 PM
A person with a good stroke would be real disapointed if they didn't make it at least 9 of ten trys. That is make the 10 ball.

Your original question asks =

(Both balls in corner pocket-cue and object ball.)

I assumed you meant both balls in the corner pocket, since that's what you asked. LOL If not, what is the goal? The shot is not straight in, see the arrow.
START(
%JI9I3%Pd7W6%]C5F0%^f4X6)END

Its a run of the mill kill stroke if one chooses with the c/b ending around point A. It can a follow shot as well. So what did you have in mind? What hidden meaning did I miss?

Rod

Drop1
12-23-2005, 05:20 PM
I should have said it is supposed to be a straight in shot.

Drop1
12-23-2005, 05:37 PM
You are right I'm way off on the Wei table,but it is intended to be a straight shot. web page (http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pooltable2html) START(
%JL1I0%Pd7W6%]E0D7%^f4X6

)END