PDA

View Full Version : Patriots being overlooked?

sack316
12-22-2005, 02:12 AM
Obviously the Colts are the team getting all the buzz this year with the great season they are having, alongside Seattle who is also looking very good.
But it seems to me that New England could make a really strong run. They are finally starting to get healthy, and through it all they've still managed to win... eerily similar to years past where no matter who goes out to play that day, they leave it all on the field. They are, after all, still the champs and still the team to beat IMO. They may not do it in pretty fashion, but they get the job done.
Do I think the Colts are the best team this year? Yeah I do. Would I ever bet against the Pats in a big game? Not on your life.

Sack

catscradle
12-22-2005, 06:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> Obviously the Colts are the team getting all the buzz this year with the great season they are having, alongside Seattle who is also looking very good.
But it seems to me that New England could make a really strong run. They are finally starting to get healthy, and through it all they've still managed to win... eerily similar to years past where no matter who goes out to play that day, they leave it all on the field. They are, after all, still the champs and still the team to beat IMO. They may not do it in pretty fashion, but they get the job done.
Do I think the Colts are the best team this year? Yeah I do. Would I ever bet against the Pats in a big game? Not on your life.

Sack <hr /></blockquote>

I've got to agree the Baltimore, damn I mean Indianapolis, Colts are the odds on favorites, but it sure would make my friend's annual Superbowl party a lot more interesting if the Pats got through.
Personally I take offense whenever an "indoor team" makes it to the Superbowl and would love to see the Colts fall on their faces. Baseball and especially football are meant to be played outdoors regardless of the temperature.

Cornerman
12-23-2005, 07:15 AM
Given their last three weeks' performance, and given that most of their injured players are in the lineup, nobody who counts is overlooking the Patriots.

Fred &lt;~~~ doesn't count