PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Personal ball washer

Chopstick
12-22-2005, 02:15 PM
No, this is not one of Studley_Vicious' personal adds. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I have been shopping for a ball washer(Hmm, come to think of it, Sid has too.) and all the units I can find seem to be priced for the commercial markets. The prices range from about $400 to $700. Well, I just have a problem paying that price. I can't believe it costs that much to make one.

I've seen the one that only does three balls at a time. I want one that will do all 15. I just want to put em all in and throw a switch and forget about it. I think a ball washer for about $100 to $150 should be something I could buy. There's one for $40 that does three and the next jump is $400. There needs to be a product in the middle.

<font color="blue">Insert Deemans comments here. I'm sure he'll have fun with this one.

__________________________________________________ ________
</font color>

Deeman3
12-22-2005, 02:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> No, this is not one of Studley_Vicious' personal adds. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I have been shopping for a ball washer(Hmm, come to think of it, Sid has too.) and all the units I can find seem to be priced for the commercial markets. The prices range from about $400 to $700. Well, I just have a problem paying that price. I can't believe it costs that much to make one.

I've seen the one that only does three balls at a time. I want one that will do all 15. I just want to put em all in and throw a switch and forget about it. I think a ball washer for about $100 to $150 should be something I could buy. There's one for $40 that does three and the next jump is $400. There needs to be a product in the middle.

<font color="blue">Insert Deemans comments here. I'm sure he'll have fun with this one.

<font color="purple"> O.K. If you insist.

Go to beal street in downtown Memphis. There's a side door at the Rum Buddie Cafe. Open it and ask for Rita. Tell her Sid sent you. Hey, Chopstick, anything for a friend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Deeman
never washes his Centennials, grin, grin, grin....

</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Pete Calabrase up in Pennsylvania, a heck of a guy, makes the one that cleans three and that's about all I've seen that is reasonably priced, maybe 50 bucks....

Rich R.
12-23-2005, 04:07 AM
Chopstick, I have been looking for the same thing, for quite some time, and I have had the same results. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I have the cleaner that does three balls at a time and, although it does an adequate job, because of the time and personal attention involved, I find that I don't clean the balls as often as I would like. When the balls are really dirty, it doesn't do a great job and you have to run them a few times to get them clean.
I would be much more conscientious, with a machine that I could load and leave.

Let me know if you find a reasonably priced unit. I would even be willing to meet them half way, somewhere in the $200 to $250 range.

randyg
12-23-2005, 06:49 AM
I have searched the entire market. I need one also...randyg

pooltchr
12-23-2005, 07:06 AM
Alright, SOMEBODY has to say it...

If I could find one, I would marry her!!!!!

Steve

Cornerman
12-23-2005, 07:48 AM
If it's for home use, I think one that does eight balls would be reasonable? Maybe that gets the price down.

One weekend, about 10 years or more ago, I made one. It worked great. Funny thing is, when I built it, it seemed like an obsessive type of thing and to this day, I can't muster up the energy to put in the effort again.

Fred &lt;~~~pathetic

dg-in-centralpa
12-23-2005, 08:00 AM
I have a friend who made one several years ago. It's not pretty but it does all 15 balls. I'll ask him if he can make some.

DG

SPetty
12-23-2005, 10:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> I have a friend who made one several years ago. It's not pretty but it does all 15 balls. I'll ask him if he can make some.<hr /></blockquote>Or tell us how...

Why couldn't we make one that works like the small one, but that works in a five gallon bucket?

Sid_Vicious
12-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Has the dishwasher been totally eliminated? Seems like there ought to be a cycle gentle enough to possibly work, given the detergent selection was correct....sid

Sid_Vicious
12-23-2005, 11:12 AM
The only ones I've found were "for hire" but you wouldn't want to marry one /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif sid~~~makes him think about a trip back to Boys Town

Cueless Joey
12-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Hard water ain't good for your balls.
I just use denatured alcohol and a good rag.
Those polishers eventually make your balls smaller. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pooltchr
12-23-2005, 11:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Those polishers eventually make your balls smaller. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

So did my first wife!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Deeman3
12-23-2005, 11:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Hard water ain't good for your balls.
I just use denatured alcohol and a good rag.
Those polishers eventually make your balls smaller. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
<hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue"> Joey, You, for sure, bought the wrong model. </font color>

Voodoo Daddy
12-23-2005, 12:04 PM
I thought this was a Lewis Black joke in the making....