PDA

View Full Version : Robles Invited to Cardiff

06-28-2002, 10:42 AM
I'm surprised more has not been made of this... I saw one post buried in another thread.

Anyone know the details?

- Steve

06-28-2002, 10:44 AM
Full details to be announced on www.worldpoolchampionship.com (http://www.worldpoolchampionship.com)

06-28-2002, 11:52 AM
Full Tony Robles story now up on www.worldpoolchampionship.com (http://www.worldpoolchampionship.com)

9 Ball Girl
06-28-2002, 12:11 PM
He's very excited to be part of all of this. He'll be representing the USofA and la isla of Puerto Rico (so whatta ya think, Harold?) /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

And, for those of you who are wondering (and I only bring this up 'cause 2 people have asked me about it), the money that was raised at the benefit is all being donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Fund.

GO TONY!!!!!

Wendy~~Kicked A$$ in 9 Ball last night

06-28-2002, 12:32 PM
Maybe this is a dumb question but...why not just give the money back?

Fran

Tom_In_Cincy
06-28-2002, 12:52 PM
Kudos for the donation.. very good idea..

Tom_In_Cincy
06-28-2002, 12:54 PM
Donations are non-taxable.. some of the people may have considered this prior to making the donation..

Just my thoughts.

9 Ball Girl
06-28-2002, 12:55 PM
No such thing as a dumb question. If you don't ask, you don't learn.

That's a pretty good question and one that I unfortunately don't have an answer to. I think maybe it depends on those who donated? I for one don't mind my $$ going to the diabetes fund--although it's not my charity of choice--but it's still went for a good cause. But again, that's my opinion.

06-28-2002, 01:07 PM
all this means is he doesn't have to spend a longer time in europe qualifying, spending MORE money

Wally_in_Cincy
06-28-2002, 01:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> He's very excited to be part of all of this. He'll be representing the USofA and la isla of Puerto Rico <hr></blockquote>

Sounds like there's a lot of people excited for him too. I imagine he's quite grateful for all the support he's received concerning this. Apparently it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Just goes to show how people will step up to the plate to help out a guy like Mr. Robles since he treats all people respectfully. Kinda like karma I guess.

Viva NYC
Viva Puerto Rico
Viva Tony Robles

SPetty
06-28-2002, 01:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Donations are non-taxable.. some of the people may have considered this prior to making the donation.. <hr></blockquote>Huh? Donations to recognized registered non-profit organizations are tax deductible, but if I donate $10 to my friend for use in him buying a plane ticket, that's not non-taxable(?) or tax deductible.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-28-2002, 01:45 PM
You can claim up to $200 a year to donations, without a reciept.. but above that, they have to have IRS froms.

Church tides are donations.. and can be claimed.. but with the documents (cancelled checks) and the appropriate IRS forms.

SPetty
06-28-2002, 02:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> You can claim up to $200 a year to donations, without a reciept.. but above that, they have to have IRS froms. <hr></blockquote>Ummm, sorry to belabor the point, but still, the donations have to be to a qualified organization (and I think it's $250 now...).

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/display/0,,i1%3D56%26genericId%3D16234,00.html

"To be deductible, charitable contributions must be made to qualified organizations. Qualified organizations include, but are not limited to, Federal, state, and local governments and organizations organized and operated only for charitable, religious, educational, scientific, or literary purposes, or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals. Organizations can tell you if they are qualified and if donations to them are deductible."

and

http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/display/0,,i1%3D50%26genericId%3D11918,00.html

"You can deduct your contributions only if you make them to a qualified organization. To become a qualified organization, most organizations other than churches and governments, as described below, must apply to the IRS."

I doubt the Robles organization did that.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-28-2002, 02:19 PM
good point, and I stand corrected.. always willing to be humble.. it has become easy for me in the last few decades.. lots to be humble about..

Eric.
06-28-2002, 02:41 PM
Bring one home to New York, Tony!

06-28-2002, 02:51 PM
Thanks Tom...i thought it might become a tax forum soon...cheers.

06-28-2002, 02:53 PM
Money &lt;---&gt; Money
&lt;---&gt; =&gt; attracts
so its okay...
...cheers

Vagabond
06-28-2002, 04:02 PM
Habla Espaniol.Habla-- Habla---Habla Tony

Vagabond

Harold Acosta
06-28-2002, 04:46 PM
Hi there 9 Ball Girl, Tony sent me an e-mail giving me the good news and I was going to post it here but Steve beat me to it. I just got back from a Labor-Management Partnership meeting.

Definitely great news from Tony and I have to thank Luke Riches for all the work he put in making this invitation a reality!!!

cheesemouse
06-28-2002, 05:31 PM
Luke Riches,
The Tony Robles saga continues. I wish you and your organization the best of fortune. If Tony does well it will be good for all involved. Thanks for your support of this great game... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

06-29-2002, 09:41 PM
WooHoo!! Go Tony! Good Luck, and may the pool gods be with you!