PDA

View Full Version : Mike Sigels NEW instructional DVD'S

recoveryjones
12-27-2005, 10:42 AM
I see that Mike Sigel has made 3 brand new instructional DVD'S and they will soon be available online. Does anyone like his older instructionals and based on that, do you think the new ones will be worth buying?
RJ

http://www.internationalpooltourstore.com/#

Joel
12-27-2005, 12:03 PM
I bet this $100 3 dvd set is identical to his video tape from 10 years ago...$29.95.

Any one see it yet?

wolfdancer
12-27-2005, 01:40 PM
.......Which was worth about $10

recoveryjones
12-27-2005, 02:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Joel:</font><hr> I bet this $100 3 dvd set is identical to his video tape from 10 years ago...$29.95.

Any one see it yet? <hr /></blockquote>

Actually he is selling them for $59.95 and not $100 as you mentioned.

You got me wondering whether these are in fact new or just his old vids now put on DVD.He did have an old "Perfect Pool" tape series which included "perfect Nine Ball", Perfect 8 Ball" and "Perfect Straight pool".

His advertised (New ???) 3 DVD series is also called "perfect pool."After first reading the add at the IPT link, I thought the 3 DVD'S were about the following:
* Mastering the Stroke
* Mastering the Shots
* Mastering the Game

This MAY be a fresh new set of DVD'S by mike, or then again it might be his old vids put on DVD. If anyone knows or finds out, please post to let everyone know.
RJ

sack316
12-27-2005, 03:09 PM
If I recall correctly I think I saw a commercial for it one night on FSN in my half asleep state. For what it's worth it looked new to me, but as I said I was halfway asleep so take that with a grain of salt. But the footage shown looked like new footage (assuming what they used for the commercial was actual footage from the video and not filmed solely for the advertisement).

Sack

Scott Lee
12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
For what it's worth...most likely KT provided the opportunity for Sigel to do new video, for the DVD's...and it's likely topnotch quality. The quality of the info, however, may be the same as it was years ago...which may be dubious. MS is still a world class player, but not an instructor. Good instructors leave their egos at the door! LOL jmo

Scott Lee

jjinfla
12-30-2005, 04:46 AM
I have his perfect videos and enjoyed them.

Mike spent a lot of time in California filming for the IPT so I would imagine KT had him make new DVD's while he was there.

$60 for three DVD's sounds like a good deal to me.

I know that in his 60 minute videos there is not much wasted time. He keeps talking (of course) and explaining shots and constantly showing shots and patterns. He covers a lot of material.

So I will be ordering them.

I wonder what his three day boot camp costs?
I might have to go to that just to get away from my wife.

Jake