PDA

View Full Version : What Henry Kissinger thinks

Stretch
12-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Invading Iraq was “the greatest strategic
disaster in United States history.”
-Henry Kissinger

"There is no chance that our allies will join us in Iraq," he wrote. "... Iraq is the worst place to fight a battle for regional stability. Whose interests were best served by the U.S. invasion of Iraq in the first place? It turns out that Iran and al-Qaida benefited the most, and that continues to be true every day U.S. forces remain there."
-Retired three star Lt. Gen. William Odom, one of the most respected U.S.
military analysts and a prominent figure at the conservative Hudson Institute in Washington,

US Cost Of War So Far: $204.4B... Allied Troops Killed: 2,339... US Troops Wounded: 15,955... Number Of Journalists Killed: 66... Average Monthly Salary Of An Iraqi Soldier: $343... Number Of Daily Attacks Last Month: 90... Number Of WMD's Found: 0...

This mission has not been accomplished. It was doomed from the start.Let's be TOTALLY HONEST folks. It's REALITY time now. We've watched the society slowly erode since this man was "elected" emperor, and the press has finally awakened to the Karl Rove BS that has been eminating from the GOP for the last five years. The recent natural diasaters and the Iraq-Nam war has finally got the citizens attention. Not to mention the sky-high gas prices! We now have in the highest office in the land a man who is a walking antithesis to the demands of the time. He doesn’t communicate. Delegate and disappear is his leadership style. We wait for him to snap out of it, to explain the war or the plan, but he can’t stop sneering, patronizing, demeaning, or taking delight in the mere completion of a speech. He loves the trappings of power, the multiple flags, and the nodding uniformed legions standing expressionless at his back. It’s a stage set for substance -- a moment in time when another type of leader might reach out. To those who think the bully-boy approach is the only way to survive in this world, let me remind you that the BEST route to security is to surround yourself with friends. On 9/12 we really WERE surrounded with friends. To have squandered THAT is the best reason to believe that this country is being run by utterly mad fools.
Polls show that Mr. Bush is regarded by the public and historians alike as by far the worst leader in American history. His name is cursed globally because his Administration accelerated the global warming and other biospheric problems which have in recent decades killed so many millions, impoverished so many tens of millions more, led to the disappearance of numerous coastal regions and much of Bangladesh, and caused mass migrations and diseases on a scale never before seen in human history.
And he is hated in his own country for having amassed a huge government debt which Americans today are still repaying, and for his wrong-headed intervention in Iraq - which fatally weakened the U.S. military, needlessly killed thousands of young Americans, and vastly increased the Muslim terrorism which has killed hundreds of thousands of American citizens. Historians date the decline of America to Mr. Bush's Administration (2000-2008).
So, what do we do now with the mess in Washington? Clean house. Sweep out all the losers and get some real men in leadership. JFK once said, "a government is only as effective as it's ability to take care of it's weakest citizens". Bush showed how much he cared when the people of New Orleans waited for five days and pleaded for help. I used to live in the United States of America. Now I live in a “homeland” The end of the Bush era begins now.

nAz
12-27-2005, 04:24 PM
? did he write the whole thing or just the first paragraph? either way it's petty much on target... I think the good doctor is about to get demonized the GOP right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Stretch
12-27-2005, 06:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> ? did he write the whole thing or just the first paragraph? either way it's petty much on target... I think the good doctor is about to get demonized the GOP right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, sorry for the confusion. Just the first paragraph was Kissinger's. The bulk of the piece was from ritired 3 star general william Odon. A so named respected Military analiyst with the Hudson Institute in Washington. St. ~~ thinks 400 Billion? If we'd a know you had that kind of cash to throw around (as a friend) You could have paid off our whole National dept with it. We'd be good for it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif ~~

Stretch
12-27-2005, 06:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> ? did he write the whole thing or just the first paragraph? either way it's petty much on target... I think the good doctor is about to get demonized the GOP right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, sorry for the confusion. Just the first paragraph was Kissinger's. The bulk of the piece was from ritired 3 star general william Odon. A so named respected Military analiyst with the Hudson Institute in Washington. St. ~~ thinks 400 Billion? If we'd a know you had that kind of cash to throw around (as a friend) You could have paid off our whole National dept with it. We'd be good for it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif ~~

<hr /></blockquote>

Correction 200 billion....but who's counting? St.

Gayle in MD
12-27-2005, 11:55 PM
Do you think impeachment could be activated from a grass roots effort? How many more laws will this man break before the republican majority agrees to make him pay for his law breaking treasonist activities? Impeachment is the only thing that could get this country back on a path to honor and justice, not to mention a balanced budget. Although, unless the special prosecutor indicts Cheney, after he gets Rove, we can't even wish for impeachment.

Gayle in Md,

Fran Crimi
12-28-2005, 09:58 AM
I know I posted this some years ago here, but I think it's a funny story and worth reposting.

Speaking of Henry Kissinger...about 10 years ago, on my way home from the pool room, I was checking my messages at home. There was one message where I couldn't make out the names so when I got home I listened to it again more intently...Hello Fran, this is so-and-so from (Garbled) 's office. Please call me as soon as possible.

I figured it was someone calling for their boss who wanted a pool lesson. When I called back, a woman answered....Hello, Mr. Kissinger's office. I thought, ha! What a coincidence. Kissinger....

I asked for the guy who left his name and he came on the line. "Hello Fran, this is so-and-so, head of security for Henry Kissinger. I've been trying to send you a secure fax from Mr. Kissinger but your fax machine must be turned off. HUH? I said, Wait a minute...do you mean THE Henry Kissinger???!

He said yes. I said there must be some mistake. There's no way he would be sending me a secure fax. The security guy kept insisting that I turn on my fax machine, and I kept insisting that this is a mistake. After going back and forth, double and triple checking my phone number, and getting nowhere, I asked him how he got my name. He said, from my answering machine. That didn't help. Mr. Kissinger never gives me names, only numbers, he said.

I kept trying to explain that he had the WRONG number and there was no way in hell I was going to allow him to send me this "secure fax." He still insisted.

Finally, out of exasperation, I told him to go back to Mr. Kissinger and ask him if he want's a pool lesson, because THAT'S what I do. I teach pool.

There was silence on the other end, and then finally, an "Okay".

We hung up and I never got a call back. I guess Ol' Henry didn't want a pool lesson after all.

George Fels got a kick out of the story and ever since, he signs his correspondence to me as "Love, Hank."

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran

MosconiJr
12-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Fran,

You should have turned on your fax machine. I'm curious as to what the fax would have been.

You may have been privy to some juicy info.

MJr

wolfdancer
12-28-2005, 01:23 PM
lighter note....hell's fire!!
He may have wanted to send you our secret invasion plans for Grenada......
He wanted to send a secured fax to an unknown party????
And we wonder how Russia was able to get our Atomic Bomb secrets so easily.

Rich R.
12-29-2005, 06:25 AM
Fran, he must have had you confused with another CIA agent. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Fran Crimi
12-29-2005, 07:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr> Fran,

You should have turned on your fax machine. I'm curious as to what the fax would have been.

You may have been privy to some juicy info.

MJr <hr /></blockquote>

It was tempting to let him send the fax, but then when they found out whoever was really suppoesed to get the fax, didn't get it, I could have wound up mysteriously 'missing' one day. Maybe I've watched too many spy movies, but I wasn't taking any chances.

Fran

Fran Crimi
12-29-2005, 07:47 AM
I always wondered how the security guy handled the situation after we hung up. Did he go back to Kissinger and take all the credit for being suspicious that it was a wrong number? I'm sure he didn't say that he kept insisting that I accept the fax but I refused. He probably acted like a big shot security guy and told Kissinger that after speaking with me he became suspicious and thought he'd double-check the number. Maybe he got a raise when he should've gotten fired. I certainly never got a thank-you card. LOL

Fran

wolfdancer
12-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Every admin needs a Kissinger, for a reality check. But in this admin..................
I wonder who's "Kissinger" now, wonder if he knows how?
Ole Henry was the role model for Peter Sellers' character
in "Dr Strangelove"
Maybe they'll reshoot the movie, with the lead role based on GWB???????

wolfdancer
12-30-2005, 11:46 AM
C'mon Fran...fess up, or I'll get Judith miller on your case

"there's a woman who leads a life of danger
To everyone she meets she stays a stranger
With every move she makes another chance she takes
Odds are she won't live to see tomorrow.

Secret agent woman, secret agent woman
They've given you a number and taken away your name.

Beware of pretty faces that you find
A pretty face can hide an evil mind
Ah, be careful what you say
Or you'll give yourself away
Odds are you won't live to see tomorrow."

SPetty
12-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Secret Asian Man!