PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Media???

pooltchr
12-27-2005, 06:50 PM
Last week (December 23) the Italian government arrested 3 terrorists who were well into planning another attack on the US. They were planning to hit ships, stadiums, and transit with the goal of killing 10,000 Americans. This story was carried by UPI and has been widely reported in Europe. Has anyone in this country seen the first report of this? Not one major paper has reported this story. Why? I guess they were too busy reporting that they think the president is wrong to conduct survelience in this country to try and stop terrorists. Does it bother anyone that something of this magnitude could happen, and the media not even bother to report it? Could it be that the Italian authorities managed to arrest the terrorists based on information they received using secret wiretaps? They Can't report that without making themselves look like fools for their war on wiretaps. Seems they are so intent on reporting anything they can to make the administration look bad, but somehow manage to overlook a story that might make them look bad.
The war on terror isn't over. They still want to destroy us. I would have a lot more confidence in the media if they put as much energy into defeating terrorism as they do on defeating the present administration.

Q.....have you heard about this story? We sure haven't over here!

Steve

moblsv
12-27-2005, 08:40 PM
this drum has been beat to death. The Media is owned by Conservative corporations and is fed news by Conservative think tanks. The "Liberal Media" is just another lie and myth perpetuated and passed as "common knowledge" by the right through constant pounding. As in, Al Gore was an exagerator and claimed he invented the Internet, Kerry was a flip-flopper, the Clinton's stole the whitehouse silverwear and the Bush Gaurd documents were fake.

America is starting to catch on to these lies and we are tired of hearing them

wolfdancer
12-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Steve, do you really think there is a liberal conspiracy to cover up stories like this?
O'Reilly for one would lead off with it. And we all know that the threat of terrorism is real....why would any group try to conceal news of a thwarted attaack?
Bush's ratings are low as it is,and he's even losing some support within his own party.....wouldn't the "White house" itself,either make an announcement, or insist it be broadcast???
If the story is true...Kudos to the Italians...but there's a lot of "supposing" in your "they can't reveal...due to wiretaps, etc".....do they have the same laws as we do?
And now all the major nwspapers are in on squashing the story?????
And here I thought only the liberal left was the victim of managed news......

Drop1
12-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Happy to fill you in. Three Algerian terrorists were arrested Dec 23rd by Italian police. Two of the terrorists were picked up in Salerno,and the leader Yamine Bouhrama,has been in custody since Nov.15th. The Italian authorities used wire taps,that spoke of an effort to kill 10,000 Italians with one explosive device. There was no mention of any attack on the United States. Italy arrested 200 terroist suspects last year,and most were released. They would like to arrest 20 CIA opperatives. My sources are Radio Free Europe, The China Daily Post,and Google News. I don't know why the story was not in the blue state press,or in the red state press. But since this admistration has demened it necessary to muzzle the Press,I go to other sources. I will sleep much better,knowing its an Italian thing.

wolfdancer
12-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Steve, do you really think there is a liberal conspiracy to cover up stories like this?
O'Reilly for one would lead off with it. And we all know that the threat of terrorism is real....why would any group try to conceal news of a thwarted attaack?
Bush's ratings are low as it is,and he's even losing some support within his own party.....wouldn't the "White house" itself,either make an announcement, or insist it be broadcast???
If the story is true...Kudos to the Italians...but there's a lot of "supposing" in your "they can't reveal...due to wiretaps, etc".....do they have the same laws as we do?
Everybody knows that wiretapping could be extremely useful in the war on terrorism.....but worry about it being misused against inncoent people. It's a double-edged sword.

And now all the major nwspapers are in on squashing the story?????
And here I thought only the liberal left was the victim of managed news......
Makes ya wonder how, without media support, he got reelected....must have been some strong grass roots campaign

Drop1
12-27-2005, 09:24 PM
I don't know about squashing the story,but if you go to www.donkeydo.com (http://www.donkeydo.com) and punch in Algerians arrested in Italy DEC.23, the story comes up 188,400 times with the complete U.P.I. version,and Pravda,and the B.B.C. These terrorists were primarily providers of false documents. The Italians are really concerned about the Olympics. Hell we didn't arrest 200 suspected terrorists last year,at least not that we have been told about.

Gayle in MD
12-27-2005, 11:45 PM
For the last time, NO ONE has said that the president should not conduct surviellance on terrorists, only that he do so in a law abiding manner, and not with unchecked power, without the oversight of the courts. Pahleeze, try to address yourself to the truth, just occasionally.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
12-28-2005, 06:23 AM
Drop1
Thanks for the details. Can't seem to get them through the news sources around here. I heard about it on a talk radio program last night, although they did say that the group was planning attacks on Americans. The conversation they picked up heard them discussing how to get explosives on a cruise ship. It just amazes me that this could have happened a week ago, and we aren't hearing about it.
Steve

SnakebyteXX
12-28-2005, 07:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Drop1
Thanks for the details. Can't seem to get them through the news sources around here. I heard about it on a talk radio program last night, although they did say that the group was planning attacks on Americans. The conversation they picked up heard them discussing how to get explosives on a cruise ship. It just amazes me that this could have happened a week ago, and we aren't hearing about it.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Italy Arrests Three Algerian Suspected Terrorists
By Sabina Castelfranco
Rome
23 December 2005

Three Algerians were served with arrest warrants in Italy on Friday on suspicion of links to international terrorism. The men were accused of planning attacks in Iraq and Italy.

The arrests were part of a nationwide sweep against an extremist Algerian group, the Salafist Group for Call and Combat, believed to have links with al-Qaida and fighting for the creation of an Islamic state in Algeria.

Two of the Algerian men were arrested in the city of Salerno and in a town near Catanzaro. The third warrant was served in prison to the alleged ringleader of the suspected Islamic cell. He was already being held on other charges.

The men were believed to be providing fake documents to the group's members and recruiting new ones. Carabiniere General Giampaolo Ganzer headed the unit that made the arrests.

General Ganzar said: The action cut off the head of a cell which was active and dangerous and ready to enter into action against targets abroad but potentially also organizing to attack targets in Italy.

Interior Minister Giuseppe Pisanu said police conducted dozens of raids across Italy, seizing instructions on how to build explosive devices, documents containing addresses for web sites linked to al-Qaida and videos showing guerrilla warfare scenes and executions of prisoners.

The man already in prison has been named as Yamine Bouhrama, and he has been in custody in Naples since November 15.

Police wiretaps picked up a conversation following the July terror bombings in London in which Mr Bouhrama and an unidentified person talked about finding a ship like the Titanic, packing it with explosives and killing 10,000 people in Italy.

In a separate conversation after July terror attack in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, Mr Bouhrama was recorded as saying that soon there'll be an even bigger celebration.

The two other Algerians arrested on Friday, are believed to have been Bourhama's chief aides in plotting attacks and maintaining links between cells in southern and northern Italy.

Voice of America News (http://www.voanews.com/english/2005-12-23-voa58.cfm)

Hmmmmm.... consider for a moment the difference between speculation and fact. As in: "Okay fellow terrorist 'Bob', wouldn't it be cool if we could get ourselves a ship the size of the fricking TITANIC (without anyone noticing) and pack it with a gazillion pounds of explosives (without anyone noticing) and then float it in to a place (without anyone noticing) where we could kill TEN THOUSAND Italians when it blows up?"

Sounds more like wishful thinking to me. Evil wishful thinking but wishful thinking none the less.

Snake

SnakebyteXX
12-28-2005, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Last week (December 23) the Italian government arrested 3 terrorists who were well into planning another attack on the US. They were planning to hit ships, stadiums, and transit with the goal of killing 10,000 Americans. This story was carried by UPI and has been widely reported in Europe. Has anyone in this country seen the first report of this? Not one major paper has reported this story. Why? I guess they were too busy reporting that they think the president is wrong to conduct survelience in this country to try and stop terrorists. Does it bother anyone that something of this magnitude could happen, and the media not even bother to report it? Could it be that the Italian authorities managed to arrest the terrorists based on information they received using secret wiretaps? They Can't report that without making themselves look like fools for their war on wiretaps. Seems they are so intent on reporting anything they can to make the administration look bad, but somehow manage to overlook a story that might make them look bad.
The war on terror isn't over. They still want to destroy us. I would have a lot more confidence in the media if they put as much energy into defeating terrorism as they do on defeating the present administration.

Q.....have you heard about this story? We sure haven't over here!

Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Actually they were fantasizing about how to go about killing ten thousand Italians but let's not let petty details like 'different country' 'different people' 'absurd plot' get in our way here.
This is supposed to be about the so-called 'liberal media' and its so-called 'agenda' right?

Well, if the agenda thing is true then how come the article appears here?

Los Angeles Times, December 23, 2005 (a major US newspaper) (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-italy-algerians-arrested,1,7738271.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines)

I'm guessing the LA Times must have screwed up and let the information slip through by accident. I suppose that even the liberal media will make a mistake and print the real news every once in a while.

Snake &lt;-- tongue firmly planted in cheek.