PDA

View Full Version : ebilliards

Schrammbo
12-28-2005, 08:53 PM
I am in the market for a new table to complete my finished basement. I am considering one from ebilliards.....
http://www.ebilliardstore.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=109_76&products_id=471
Can anyone offer experience with their service/product. I am looking for a table that will last a lifetime has a high quality look without actually being heirloom quality or price.
Another table that interests me is from proline....
http://prolinebilliard.com/getpricing.php?model=chadwick_II
It is twice the price but I don't know if it is twice as nice.
Thanks for any feedback.

iacas
12-29-2005, 11:34 AM
If you're spending $2.5k, look for an Olhausen dealer or something and get yourself a proper table. I could be wrong, but I don't think too many people here would recommend ProLine (or the other one).

dad8
12-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Why do you dislike Proline,There table construction meets every standard set by the BCA.There even made in the Usa.

iacas
12-30-2005, 09:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dad8:</font><hr> Why do you dislike Proline,There table construction meets every standard set by the BCA.There even made in the Usa. <hr /></blockquote>
I don't dislike them. But I went looking for a table recently, and not once was ProLine recommended. That's all I'm saying.

As a parallel, there are a lot of USGA conforming clubs out there. Doesn't mean I'm gonna play with them.

Scott Lee
12-30-2005, 10:24 AM
iacas...There have been many negative posts about the 'ebilliards' tables...poor quality and construction, made in China, etc. You can search them out in the archives. ProLine is okay, and American made...but in that price range, I'd pick Ohlhausen or C.L. Bailey first...if you don't want a nice used Brunswick Gold Crown. I saw an ad in the poolmag for Muellers (www.poolndarts.com) that listed 180 used tables for sale. You might check them out too! Ad says, "Call Mueller's at 402-423-8888, Ask for Rob"! jmo

Scott Lee

Schrammbo
12-31-2005, 05:14 AM
Thanks - After reviewing some archives and doing some more shopping I have it narrowed down to either the Olehausen Huntingdon or the Connelly Cochise. Both seem like very solid tables with excellent playability and are priced around $2500. I got a good feeling from the connelly dealer as he has been at this business for a long time. The Olehausen dealer brags about their structural support and the ability to hold 27,000 pounds without a center beam. Connelly's slate is a bit thicker and the table I played on seemed lively and true. I don't think I can go wrong either way.

iacas
12-31-2005, 07:23 AM
$2500 for a Huntington is a steal. That table should be about $1k more.

FastJoey
01-01-2006, 02:11 AM
Olhausen puts out a great table......