PDA

View Full Version : World Straight Pool Championships:MAY 30-JUNE 4 ,

koreandragon
12-29-2005, 03:47 AM
Hello Straight Pool Fans-
Just a reminder that the new dates for World Straight Pool Championships is
MAY 30-JUNE 4 , 2006

It will still be held in the NY/NJ region of the country.

The invitational field is full with only the qualifier spots left for availability.
We will announce the field of players in upcoming press releases.

But for a sneak preview, there is roughly 25 USA players invited and about 25 international invitees.
This includes players such as:

Rodney Morris
Charlie Williams

Legends:
Nick Varner
Allen Hopkins
Dallas West

Guys we havent heard from in awhile:
Jimmy Mataya

NJ/NY heroes:
Tony Robles
George San Souci
Jose Garcia

European Stars:
Thorsten Hohmann (Germany)
Mika Immonen (Finland)
Niels Feijen (Holland)

Asian Stars:
Young Hwa Jeong(Korea)
Marlon Manalo(Philippines)

and many more...!

Spread the word because we expect this to be a sold out event from the response we've gotten thus far!
We will keep you all posted on this mailout and feel free to pass on this email address to those who may want to watch, play in qualifiers, or host a qualifier.
email at : worldstraightpoolchampionships@gmail.com

Thanks
Dragon Promotions
www.dragonpromotions.com (http://www.dragonpromotions.com)

Rich R.
12-29-2005, 06:44 AM
Since you felt the need to post this here, in addition to the "Tournament Announcement" section, I will respond here also, not that I am expecting an answer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote koreandragon:</font><hr> Spread the word because we expect this to be a sold out event from the response we've gotten thus far! <hr /></blockquote>
How the heck can you expect a "sold out event", when you can't even tell us where it will be held?

Fran Crimi
12-29-2005, 07:07 AM
He's been ignoring BD's non-advertising policy for years and getting away with it. Maybe he's afraid if he doesn't post it everywhere on the net, no one will come. Sure sounds like fear to me.

I wish they would all stop with that "we anticipate being sold out" hype. It's really lame. The only thing that's ever been sold out at a pool tournament were the VIP seats, because there are fewer of them, and the finals, and everyone knows that by now.

Fran