PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

nAz
12-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

DebraLiStarr
12-30-2005, 12:27 AM
nAz,
Quit posting garbage like this. You're better than that. This is something Fast Larry would post to incite a riot. Quit being a jerk.

Qtec
12-30-2005, 04:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> nAz,
Quit posting garbage like this. <font color="blue"> Why is it garbage? Make your point. </font color> You're better than that. <font color="blue"> Better than what??? What are you talking about?</font color> This is something Fast Larry would post to incite a riot. <font color="blue"> Why bring FL into this. </font color> Quit being a jerk. <font color="blue"> Just because your disagree with the post, doesnt make nAz a jerk. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Criticize the post, not the poster.

Q.............thought the post was quite humorous and mostly correct.

Q.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

DebraLiStarr
12-30-2005, 05:41 AM
It was posted to induce all of those responses you are requesting, and its all pointless. I'll stop posting here if this is acceptable. If he can write those things, then I have the right to say he's a jerk just the same. Bye.

Qtec
12-30-2005, 07:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> It was posted to induce all of those responses you are requesting, <font color="blue"> Thats YOUR opinion. Most likely its a figment of your imagination.</font color> and its all pointless. <font color="blue">Right. We are all going to die. </font color> I'll stop posting here if this is acceptable. <font color="blue"> Maybe you could tell us what your objection is?</font color> If he can write those things, then I have the right to say he's a jerk just the same. <font color="blue"> No you dont. Personal abuse will not be tolerated. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color> Bye. <hr /></blockquote>

Q.......... believes in free speech.

9 Ball Girl
12-30-2005, 07:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian<hr /></blockquote>Bwahahahaha!

Qtec
12-30-2005, 08:00 AM
Didnt you post this on AZ ?

[ QUOTE ]
My wish for 2006 is for some of you to lighten up and to learn how to recognize humor when its in your face.
<hr /></blockquote>

How ironic.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
12-30-2005, 08:03 AM
Hey Q - the next time you're in NY, give me a holler Goddamit! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAz
12-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Quit posting garbage like this. You're better than that. This is something Fast Larry would post to incite a riot. Quit being a jerk. <hr /></blockquote>

Look babs err sorry i mean Deb You know i really like you... but are you fu@king nutz or what?
Im not trying to incite jack sh!t, if there is something specifically wrong with one of the lines in that list lets discuss this in a reasonable christian manner with out the name calling.
Fast Larry indeed!

SnakebyteXX
12-30-2005, 08:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> It was posted to induce all of those responses you are requesting, <font color="blue"> Thats YOUR opinion. Most likely its a figment of your imagination.</font color> and its all pointless. <font color="blue"> If he can write those things, then I have the right to say he's a jerk just the same. <font color="blue"> No you dont. Personal abuse will not be tolerated. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color> Bye. <hr /></blockquote>

Debra,

First off, he didn't write those things. Evidently he was copy/pasting from this web site:

Evil Bible.Com (http://www.evilbible.com/Top_Ten_List.htm)

Secondly: Personal attacks are neither welcomed nor condoned in this forum. If you dislike the content of a post please address the post not the poster.

Thirdly: This board has an admin whose job it is (among other things) to remove objectionable posts. If you feel that the post in question is worthy of his/her attention then by all means send him/her a pm expressing your concerns.

Hope this helps.

Snake

Qtec
12-30-2005, 08:25 AM
Will do Wendy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9 Ball Girl
12-30-2005, 08:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>Fast Larry indeed! <hr /></blockquote>Oh God I can actually picture you saying that! Bwahahahahahahaha!

9 Ball Girl
12-30-2005, 08:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SnakebyteXX:</font><hr>Thirdly: This board has an admin whose job it is (among other things) to remove objectionable posts. If you feel that the post in question is worthy of his/her attention then by all means send him/her a pm expressing your concerns.<hr /></blockquote>Whoa whoa WHOA! If my BJ Instructional video thread wasn't removed, I would keel over and die if this one gets removed! Thank you all for the good laugh on a Friday morning!

One of my fav flicks reminds me of all this:

http://www.movieoutfitter.com/images/items/08/236508.jpg

Qtec
12-30-2005, 08:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sufism is an Islamic school of thought that includes philosophers and mystics. Sufism embraces the Quran and most of Shiite and Sunni Islam's beliefs. Sufis believe that Sufi teachings are the essence of every religion, and indeed of the evolution of humanity as a whole. The central concept in sufism is "love". Sufists believe that, love is a projection of the essence of God to the universe. God desires to recognize beauty, and as if one looks at a mirror to see oneself, God "looks" at itself within the dynamics of nature. Since everything is a reflection of God, the school of sufism practices to see the beauty inside the apparent ugly, and to open arms even to the most evil one.

This infinite tolerance is expressed in the most beautiful way perhaps by the famous sufist philosopher Mevlana: <font color="purple"> "Come, come, whoever you are. Worshiper, Wanderer, Lover of Leaving; ours is not a caravan of despair. Though you have broken your vows a thousand times...Come, come again, Come."</font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Q............loves that verse.............it sounds pretty Christian to me.

SnakebyteXX
12-30-2005, 08:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Whoa whoa WHOA! If my BJ Instructional video thread wasn't removed, I would keel over and die if this one gets removed! Thank you all for the good laugh on a Friday morning!

<hr /></blockquote>

I for one was deeply offended by your BJ post. So much so that I sent the link to all my friends so that they too could see how upsetting it was... Strange thing is they ALL LOVED IT! Woah!

http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/1227/kicked0po.jpg

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/254/drama2ua.jpg

9 Ball Girl
12-30-2005, 09:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr><font color="purple"> "Come, come, whoever you are. Worshiper, Wanderer, Lover of Leaving; ours is not a caravan of despair. Though you have broken your vows a thousand times...Come, come again, Come."</font color>
<hr /></blockquote>That sounds more like my life with men as of late!

Chopstick
12-30-2005, 09:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Sounds like the Democratic Party to me. </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chopstick
12-30-2005, 09:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Hey Q - the next time you're in NY, give me a holler Goddamit! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Don't believe it Q. I know how them NY yankees think. What she really meant was this...give me a doller damit! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chopstick
12-30-2005, 09:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr><font color="purple"> "Come, come, whoever you are. Worshiper, Wanderer, Lover of Leaving; ours is not a caravan of despair. Though you have broken your vows a thousand times...Come, come again, Come."</font color>
<hr /></blockquote>That sounds more like my life with men as of late! <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Which part? Before the <font color="purple">... </font color> or after?</font color>

9 Ball Girl
12-30-2005, 09:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <font color="blue">Which part? Before the <font color="purple">... </font color> or after?</font color> <hr /></blockquote>Both!

Chopstick
12-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Quit posting garbage like this. You're better than that. This is something Fast Larry would post to incite a riot. Quit being a jerk. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">That sounds like an excellent idea. Let's have a riot! I've still got some shiny bead necklaces and my pirate costume. Whares that feller that got his car all smashed up in the parking garage. Maybe he'll let us set it on far. Hell, I'll even spring for the first keg. </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chopstick
12-30-2005, 10:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SnakebyteXX:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> It was posted to induce all of those responses you are requesting, <font color="blue"> Thats YOUR opinion. Most likely its a figment of your imagination.</font color> and its all pointless. <font color="blue"> If he can write those things, then I have the right to say he's a jerk just the same. <font color="blue"> No you dont. Personal abuse will not be tolerated. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color> Bye. <hr /></blockquote>

Debra,

First off, he didn't write those things. Evidently he was copy/pasting from this web site:

Evil Bible.Com (http://www.evilbible.com/Top_Ten_List.htm)

<font color="purple">How do know he didn't write those too? </font color>

Secondly: Personal attacks are neither welcomed nor condoned in this forum. If you dislike the content of a post please address the post not the poster.

<font color="purple">Bite me, Snake. No wait, that didn't come right. </font color>

Thirdly: This board has an admin whose job it is (among other things) to remove objectionable posts. If you feel that the post in question is worthy of his/her attention then by all means send him/her a pm expressing your concerns.

<font color="purple">Oh please, the admin is worse than we are. </font color>

Hope this helps.

Snake

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="purple"> Ya'll behave. An Happy New Year. </font color>

supergreenman
12-30-2005, 10:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> 5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian. <hr /></blockquote>

Oh geez isn't that the truth. We had a politition up here in Canada(right wing go figure) that didn't believe in dinosaurs because they weren't mentioned in the bible. This idiot had aspirations of being the Primeminister of Canada. God (Goddess)was mercifull when he rigged that election /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

James

James

wolfdancer
12-30-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't believe it Q. I know how them NY yankees think. What she really meant was this...give me a doller damit! <hr /></blockquote>

OR........................
she won't wash your windshield????

nAz
12-30-2005, 11:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Sounds like the Democratic Party to me. </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

lol yeah right when i first read it i thought of the GOP /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
12-30-2005, 11:54 AM
Debra I can't respond to your PMs when i try i get the following error message: Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /web/servers/billiardsdigest/ccboard/mess_handler.php on line 84.

But you know what i am sorry if I hurt your feelings, i 'll leave you with a favorite quote... The Holy Book of the living God suffers more from its exponents today than from its opponents. -Leonard Ravenhill

Chopstick
12-30-2005, 12:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Debra I can't respond to your PMs when i try i get the following error message: Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /web/servers/billiardsdigest/ccboard/mess_handler.php on line 84.

But you know what i am sorry if I hurt your feelings, i 'll leave you with a favorite quote... The Holy Book of the living God suffers more from its exponents today than from its opponents. -Leonard Ravenhill

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Hang on, I'm a computer guy. I'll check the code. Let's see here, /web/servers/billiardsdigest/ccboard/mess_handler.php....line 84.

printf("%s\n", "Fast Larry Rules!");

What?! How'd that get in there? </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
12-30-2005, 12:29 PM
Now now you too. Kiss and make up!

Hey Deb, just remember this: God gave nAz the gift of gab and Satan showed him how to use it! LOL

Wendy~~~nAz will 4eva be nAz. Believe me, I know! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
12-30-2005, 12:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <font color="blue">I've still got some shiny bead necklaces ... </font color><hr /></blockquote>I knew I was missing some, and you wouldn't even show me your boobs! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

<font color="#666666">Still finding little superballs in odd places... </font color>

Gayle in MD
12-31-2005, 06:36 AM
HA HA HA HA ... Naz, this is a riot! Thanks for the laugh.

Love,
Gayle...gotta meet Naz and Wendy this year! One of my New Years's resolutions! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SPetty
12-31-2005, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>...gotta meet Naz and Wendy this year! One of my New Years's resolutions! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif<hr /></blockquote>At PettyPoint Memorial Day? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gayle in MD
12-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Ya Nevah know..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle...

dg-in-centralpa
01-01-2006, 08:40 AM
How about Valley Forge then you could meet Mrs. DG and myself as well? We would love to meet you.

dg

nAz
01-02-2006, 02:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>...gotta meet Naz and Wendy this year! One of my New Years's resolutions! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif<hr /></blockquote>At PettyPoint Memorial Day? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

you sure you want to have a heathen like myself down there? i would hate to currupt your morals... maybe /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
01-02-2006, 06:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>you sure you want to have a heathen like myself down there? i would hate to currupt your morals... maybe /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<hr /></blockquote>Oh man, I can see nAz now in THE red state. Oy!

Wendy~~~I've seen cows! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
01-03-2006, 06:08 AM
I don't think he should go unless I accompany him, with my 38, and a copy of the Constitution, .....

Gayle in Md.

Stretch
01-03-2006, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>you sure you want to have a heathen like myself down there? i would hate to currupt your morals... maybe /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<hr /></blockquote>Oh man, I can see nAz now in THE red state. Oy!

Wendy~~~I've seen cows! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy........could you please change your pic? It's real (squirm) distracting lol St. ~~easily hyptnotized~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
01-03-2006, 02:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr>Wendy........could you please change your pic? It's real (squirm) distracting lol St. ~~easily hyptnotized~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>That's my imitation of the Rolling Stones logo. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
01-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Other boards I've visited have java script ability you can run for added movement, so just imagine the wickedness if we had that here. It is mesmerizing ST, but you gotta luv it!!!sid

Keith Talent
01-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Got a kick out of this thread, Naz. I wouldn't touch ANY form of organized worship with a 5-foot cuetec.

and I see where you wrote in another thread:
However i am mad at you and some of the other CCBers for migrating over to AZb and from my point of view abandoning CCB. for that i think you all sux!

Damn, and I was missing all this great Christian bashing, Muslim bashing and Debra bashing, lol.

Maybe AZB could use a little more of this, too! Kind of dull right now.

nAz
01-05-2006, 08:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I don't think he should go unless I accompany him, with my 38, and a copy of the Constitution, .....

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

cool I was gonna protect my self with my slinshot ala Huck Finn. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
01-05-2006, 08:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> Got a kick out of this thread, Naz. I wouldn't touch ANY form of organized worship with a 5-foot cuetec.

and I see where you wrote in another thread:
However i am mad at you and some of the other CCBers for migrating over to AZb and from my point of view abandoning CCB. for that i think you all sux!

Damn, and I was missing all this great Christian bashing, Muslim bashing and Debra bashing, lol.

Maybe AZB could use a little more of this, too! Kind of dull right now.
<hr /></blockquote>

yeah religion is a tool of the Devil /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif stay a way from it... unless you wanna start your own then you can use it for tax shelters and make bukoo money! hmmm that gives me an idea!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MosconiJr
01-06-2006, 10:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <font color="blue">Which part? Before the <font color="purple">... </font color> or after?</font color> <hr /></blockquote>Both! <hr /></blockquote>
So 9bg................

How do you feel about older guys?????????????????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
01-06-2006, 10:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr>So 9bg................

How do you feel about older guys?????????????????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>Sometimes a girl could use a Sugar Daddy... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MosconiJr
01-09-2006, 11:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>Sometimes a girl could use a Sugar Daddy... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>
In the words of Bill Withers.......Just keep on using me, until you use me up /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike

Keith Talent
01-11-2006, 03:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> yeah religion is a tool of the Devil /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif stay a way from it... unless you wanna start your own then you can use it for tax shelters and make bukoo money! hmmm that gives me an idea!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

No wonder there are so many STOREFRONT CHURCHES, eh? We should all find religion. And I ain't talking no pie in the sky when you die!

Stretch
01-12-2006, 03:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr>So 9bg................

<hr /></blockquote>Sometimes a girl could use a Sugar Daddy... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Awwwwwww wut a cutie pie /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif