PDA

View Full Version : Predator BK

c.holtz009
12-31-2005, 03:41 PM
I was wondering if any of you have had trouble with the ferrule on your Predator BK (if you have one).
I have had a lot of trouble with mine.
About 7 months ago I sent the shaft back to be re-ferruled, under warranty. It had completely mushroomed, and was totally unplayable. My ferrule cracked again last night.
Have any of you had this happen? If this is going to continue, I'm just going to look for a different break cue. Preferrably one without a soft plastic ferrule.
Any other suggestions??

sack316
01-01-2006, 05:15 AM
once upon a time the ferrule on my 314 cracked... they handled it in a very friendly and timely manner and sent me a new shaft (which surprised me since my original admittedly had taken some beating). Been using it for a while now with no problems though.

Sack

Canuck314
01-04-2006, 11:21 AM
C

Have not heard of the ferrules busting up in on the BK. But it does seem that the newer 314s seem to have a problem with them cracking.

PHJ314s and Jarrods have both busted up in the past month. and you know how hard or I should say "not hard" PHJ314 shoots. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PHJ314
01-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Hey Holtz!!

What's new buddy! Yeah man my ferrule cracked and I'm gonna talk to Roch at CueStore.ca where I bought it to see how to handle it, hopefully he can just give me a new shaft and send it back himself saving me the shipping cost but I'll have to see. About the BK, Munro had the same thing happen to his, his ferrule completely shattered on his BK, he sent it back and got it replaced in a very timely fashion.

Hopefully be in town sometime in late January so we can go snap some racks, stil gotta check out that rack you made! I'll be in touch bro!

PHJ314
01-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Just talked to Roch and he advised to send it back to Predator, just in case someone ever needs the address here it is:

Predator Cues
Attn: Service Dept.
5055-5 St Augustine Rd.
Jacksonville, FL.

Chopstick
01-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Predater's customer service has always been great with me. I've had a BK for a couple years. I haven't had a problem with it yet. I don't blast at the balls but I hit them pretty hard.

sack316
01-05-2006, 02:47 PM
just one more note I'd thought I'd add to my post and to PHJ's address...
When I did mine I spoke with a guy named Darrin, who was awesome to deal with. What impressed me the most was that he was the one who answered the phone, AND also was the one in charge of me and my problem from start to finish. There was no "let me transfer you to this department", or playing phone tag, or spending an hour on hold for service. If it was business hours I got him directly every time... if it wasn't then I'd leave a voicemail and I could expect a call back as soon as possible. Very A+ and no hassle service that I was fortunate enough to recieve from Predator's support.

Sack

c.holtz009
01-07-2006, 07:39 AM
I talked to Darrin at Predator, and he is going to replace my regular BK shaft with a BK2 shaft. I am very interested in trying out the BK2.
Linen phenolic tip, carbon fiber ferrule cap, and an ivorine 3 ferrule. I don't think I will be able to mushroom that ferrule!!

rocky
01-09-2006, 06:18 AM
Wow guys, I am almost blushing (can a pool player say that?) We can't please everyone but we do what we can to make sure that everyone has good experience with the company.

Thanks,

Darrin

PHJ314
01-09-2006, 08:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rocky:</font><hr> Wow guys, I am almost blushing (can a pool player say that?) We can't please everyone but we do what we can to make sure that everyone has good experience with the company.

Thanks,

Darrin <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Darrin,

You should have got my shaft at 9:15 this morning! An update sometime would be great if possible.

Regards!

rocky
01-09-2006, 09:02 AM
I should be able to take a look at it this afternoon and will let you know something by tomorrow at the latest.

ceebee
01-09-2006, 09:32 AM
We have a no-wrap Predator BK at the BreakRAK.... They gave it to us for demonstrations. Hundreds &amp; hundreds of people have used the cue. After 4 years of use (thousands of hits), it is still a stick of dynamite in my hands.

We have never had to send it back to the shop. We have replaced the tip one time.

AuntyDan
01-11-2006, 09:23 PM
After 3 years of heavy 9 Ball play my ferrule split on my BK (Still had it's original tip). Predator changed it under warranty, excellent service. However now I am kicking myself as I did not know I could wrangle a free upgrade to a BK2 shaft if I'd sent it in a few months later. Perhaps I'll have to arrange another ferrule failure ;-)

Seriously though, will Predator be selling BK2 shafts for BK1s?

rocky
01-12-2006, 08:30 AM
Hey guys, We are not replacing bk shafts with bk2 shafts, we have the original shafts in stock and will continue to replace them with the original for some time. All of our BK2's are matched with shafts and we don't have any extra. we have no plans at this time of selling the BK2 shaft by itself. I did talk to Carey earlier this week and told him that we could not replace his BK shaft with the BK2 but that he would be getting a new shaft, he seemed quite happy with that. I am looking forward to hearing what people think about the new Bk, as a pool player myself, I was very impressed.

Darrin Brown
Predator Products

Snapshot9
01-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Just a question, but on the BK2 that has a
fiber tip pad on it, along with a phenolic type
composition tip, isn't that bad news as far as
the tip being secure to the shaft and staying on?

Cornerman
01-12-2006, 11:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote c.holtz009:</font><hr> I talked to Darrin at Predator,<hr /></blockquote>

Darrin is Rocky, who used to post more often.

Fred

Cornerman
01-12-2006, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snapshot9:</font><hr> Just a question, but on the BK2 that has a
fiber tip pad on it, along with a phenolic type
composition tip, isn't that bad news as far as
the tip being secure to the shaft and staying on? <hr /></blockquote>I guess I don't see why it would be an issue.

I don't think it's a fiber pad, but I haven't seen it. Even if it was a fiber pad, there's no reason to think it would have a security issue.

But, I believe it's a carbon fiber cap on the ferrule, not a fiber pad.

Fred

c.holtz009
01-12-2006, 01:40 PM
As Darrin (Rocky) posted, they are only going to replace my BK shaft with another original shaft which is fine by me! That just means I'll have to buy a BK2.
No problem though.