PDA

View Full Version : Moisture in pool table

dave62959
01-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Does anyone know how to measure the moisture in a pool table. I have tried to find a billiard table moisture meter but have not been able to find one.

SPetty
01-02-2006, 05:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dave62959:</font><hr> Does anyone know how to measure the moisture in a pool table. I have tried to find a billiard table moisture meter but have not been able to find one.<hr /></blockquote>Howdy dave62959,

I don't mean to sound dense, but what does that mean? And why would you want to do it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

FastJoey
01-02-2006, 06:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dave62959:</font><hr> Does anyone know how to measure the moisture in a pool table. I have tried to find a billiard table moisture meter but have not been able to find one. <hr /></blockquote> You can use a moisture meter for wood..these are found at woodworking speciality stores........if your table is a newer table .all the major brands provide a durable coating to their product.....what you could/should do if your in a humid area is to have a meter to register the humidity level in your room........some of the dehumidifiers now have a digital meter on their control panel.....hope this helps

Cornerman
01-03-2006, 08:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dave62959:</font><hr> Does anyone know how to measure the moisture in a pool table. I have tried to find a billiard table moisture meter but have not been able to find one. <hr /></blockquote>It's possible a wood moisture meter would work, but it might also tell you the slate's moisture level.

It still would tell you something.

Fred

Bob_Jewett
01-03-2006, 08:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dave62959:</font><hr> Does anyone know how to measure the moisture in a pool table. I have tried to find a billiard table moisture meter but have not been able to find one. <hr /></blockquote>
I think you can mostly judge from the humidity and temperature in the room. While you're experimenting, try heating the table a few degrees. That's what they do for carom tables (the kind with no pockets) to make the cushions and cloth react consistently.

FastJoey
01-03-2006, 09:44 PM
your only concern should be total room humidity....let us know what it is ..