PDA

View Full Version : Derby City, who gonna show?

Deeman3
01-02-2006, 11:54 AM
I know Freddy The Beard, Bob Jewett and many others have a part in the tournament. Who is going, playing, sweating, etc? I will arrive on the 10th and stay through the weekend.

Deeman
ready to use bad shoulder as an excuse for bad play....

dg-in-centralpa
01-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Sorry Dee, I can't get that much time off work. I'm saving it for VF. Can you make it there?

DG

TommyT
01-02-2006, 01:45 PM
I'll be there on Thursday thru Sunday to watch and sweat the 9 ball.
TommyT

Deeman3
01-02-2006, 08:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Sorry Dee, I can't get that much time off work. I'm saving it for VF. Can you make it there?

DG <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> DG,

It's been about 3 years since I made VF, so I might just be there. </font color>

Deeman

Deeman3
01-02-2006, 08:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TommyT:</font><hr> I'll be there on Thursday thru Sunday to watch and sweat the 9 ball.
TommyT <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> TommyT,

We'll look for each other. I'll probably be the first person eliminated in 9 ball. I just can't get away in time for the one pocket. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif I ususally play in a shirt that says Deeman with a skull design but I'm pretty easy to find otherwise, noisey, opinionated, ostrasized by many.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

Deeman

ceebee
01-02-2006, 08:09 PM
I am going to give it a go myself... looking forward to meeting a few players... &amp; sweating the action.

Deeman3
01-02-2006, 08:16 PM
ceebee,

Good to hear. I look forward to seeing you again. After all, not many people have credited me in their book. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Are you going to do a booth or just chill out? Deewoman says hello and says she'll be the first to buy you a drink. Walter (Ace) is coming as well. See ya there...Wish SPetty was coming as well.

Deeman

Ace
01-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Yes, I will be at Derby! I am surel, I will see you there. Good Luck!

SPetty
01-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Hey, now, you're making me jealous, road partner. If only I'd known you were going... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Deeman3
01-03-2006, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Hey, now, you're making me jealous, road partner. If only I'd known you were going... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Hey, I finally get a few days off and I won't even have anyone to say, "Deeman, stop hitting the lights on your break!"

Wish you could be there. We'll gather by a jukebox and drink to excess in your honor. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

Deeman

Deeman3
01-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Walter,

I got confirmations on our entries this morning. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy of your entry.

I'll see you the night of the 10th....

Deeman

hondo
01-03-2006, 01:12 PM
I'll be there on the 13th &amp; 14th. I'm the big,
good looking guy with the beard.

Qtec
01-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Deeman, enough of the negative talk. Bad shoulder, early elimination????????????? WTF.

Winning or losing has nothing to do with your goal. Thinking about winning or losing just gets in the way of playing freely, ie it stops you playing your best game. Playing well increases your chances of winning so thats what you want to do, play well. Concentrate on making the runouts you know you can make.ie Focus.
As long as you can come home and can say honestly to your wife, "I gave it my best shot", you've done ok, even if you lost, it doesnt matter because you gave it a go. Thats all you can expect from yourself.
Whats not good is losing and never having felt that you were playing. That sucks. Its over and you were'nt even in the game.
In any match, at the start, you have a 50/50 chance, but if you dont play well..........your chances decrease drastically, especially against good players.
Its all about performing and to being able to perform when you need to. To be successful in this endeavour, you need to be BOLD and POSITIVE.

Lecture over. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ I know you know all this but sometimes we forget when the carrot is dangling before our eyes ie fame and fortune /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif].

Q.....best of luck

Deeman3
01-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Que,

Thanks for the positive advice. I do know it but I had to get my excuses lined up. Now I pity the fool who draws me first. Sound better?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Deeman

Ace
01-03-2006, 02:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Que,

Thanks for the positive advice. I do know it but I had to get my excuses lined up. Now I pity the fool who draws me first. Sound better?
Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> </font color> I hope I'm not the fool that draws Deeman3 on the first draw. I kind of hope I don't see him till the end of the tournament.

Deeman3
01-03-2006, 03:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ace:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> </font color> I hope I'm not the fool that draws Deeman3 on the first draw. I kind of hope I don't see him till the end of the tournament. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Ace,

It happens every time I travel with another player. You can travel 800 miles to a tournament with 128 players and you'll draw your traveling buddy almost every time. Otherwise, the later in the tournament we meet the better. Means we survived a while.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

Deeman

MosconiJr
01-04-2006, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Walter,

I got confirmations on our entries this morning. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy of your entry.

I'll see you the night of the 10th....

Dee,

I got my confirmation from Diamond this morning as well. How close is Luverne to Chattanooga? We have a good monthly tournament at Diamond Billiards and several from Alabama come and play (mostly from around Huntsville and closer).

Anyway, to answer the question, I'll be playing the 9-ball and sweating alot of action. I'm going in on Tuesday night, the 10th, and staying through the finals. I hope to see everyone there. Say hello.

MJr (Mike Templeton)

01-04-2006, 10:54 AM
I'll be there, but just for the first three days. Doggone it, we could have had a chance to reminisce about Dee Fondy! GF

Deeman3
01-04-2006, 11:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 071838:</font><hr> I'll be there, but just for the first three days. Doggone it, we could have had a chance to reminisce about Dee Fondy! GF <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> George,

I would love that. I just got through re-reading the one pocket book you got me back in 1999. It's really amazing how much info is packed into that book and the stories are priceless. It's the only one I won't "loan out".

"Yes, Dee Fondy" the original Deeman! </font color>

Deeman

Deeman3
01-04-2006, 11:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr> Dee,

I got my confirmation from Diamond this morning as well. How close is Luverne to Chattanooga? We have a good monthly tournament at Diamond Billiards and several from Alabama come and play (mostly from around Huntsville and closer). <font color="blue">Well, Chattanooga is a bit of a streach from Southern Alabama but who knows, we might make it up there sometime. My daughter was a lawyer there until she moved to Atlanta a few weeks ago. Too bad we didn't get together then. </font color>

Anyway, to answer the question, I'll be playing the 9-ball and sweating alot of action. I'm going in on Tuesday night, the 10th, and staying through the finals. I hope to see everyone there. Say hello. <font color="blue"> I'm real easy to spot, surrounded by hecklers most of the time. </font color>

MJr (Mike Templeton) <font color="blue"> One of my great friends is Larry Templeton of Gallatin, TN. any relation? He's the biggest Tennessee fan in the universe. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman

Scott Lee
01-04-2006, 12:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <font color="blue"> ostrasized by many.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

Hey Dee...I thought it was EXTRAsized!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL Might just see ya there myself, even if just for a day or so!

Scott

Deeman3
01-04-2006, 02:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <font color="blue"> ostrasized by many.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

Hey Dee...I thought it was EXTRAsized!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL Might just see ya there myself, even if just for a day or so!

Scott <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Scott,

A bottle of whiskey will have your name on it.

Let's See:

Deeman
Ace
ceebee
TommyT
Hondo
Mosconijr.
GF (but too early)
and Scott Lee

There may be devilment in the works here... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif</font color>

Deeman

SpiderMan
01-04-2006, 04:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> ostrasized

Is that a deliberate spelling error? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Qtec
01-04-2006, 06:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Que,

Sounds much better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q

Timberly
01-04-2006, 08:37 PM
I'll be there for the whole thing. I'll get there late Fri. I'll be working the Inside POOL booth so please stop by and say hello.(If there's a guy working the booth...that's not me /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif) I would like to meet more people from this forum and the DCC is a good place to start. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DG, I hope Mary is feeling better. I'll get in touch with you guys after I get back from Derby and we'll make another go at getting together to shoot some. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman3
01-05-2006, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> ostrasized

Is that a deliberate spelling error? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

Hey, Spiderman, I'm a direct product of the same educational system as you. E.C Stimbert would be proud. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Of course, It was not until I matriculated to a Texas university that I really learned to misspell.

</font color>
<font color="red"> Timberly,

I look forward to meeting you, getting my free copy of Inside Pool and stalking you for the balance...wait, my wife will be with me, never mind. See you there. </font color>

Deeman

Cornerman
01-05-2006, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> I know Freddy The Beard, Bob Jewett and many others have a part in the tournament. Who is going, playing, sweating, etc? I will arrive on the 10th and stay through the weekend.

Deeman
ready to use bad shoulder as an excuse for bad play.... <hr /></blockquote>I'll be there from 1/7-1/11.

Donating to the 1-hole tournament (though I won a match last year).

Heading the "St. Louis" Louis Roberts A/E award voting.

Fred

Deeman3
01-05-2006, 11:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cornerman:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> I know Freddy The Beard, Bob Jewett and many others have a part in the tournament. Who is going, playing, sweating, etc? I will arrive on the 10th and stay through the weekend.

Deeman
ready to use bad shoulder as an excuse for bad play.... <hr /></blockquote>I'll be there from 1/7-1/11. <font color="blue"> Fred,
I'll look you up on the morning of the 11th. </font color>

Donating to the 1-hole tournament (though I won a match last year). <font color="blue"> Good luck. I hope you play well. </font color>

Heading the "St. Louis" Louis Roberts A/E award voting. <font color="blue"> I think it is very nice that you are doing this for Louie. I know he would be happy to see he is remembered.

Deeman
Now they have two equipment whores to deal with at DCC! </font color>

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

sack316
01-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Dee,
I'm still considering trying to make it if at all possible, if nothing else to hang out some and see someone besides Tori beat up on ya /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif wait, I mean to watch you whoop up on some folks... yeah that's it!
I'm gonna try to get off work to at least make it for a day or two, but since I took off for the peach bowl it may be tougher to do. Then again, I did cover a shift for someone yesterday, so perhaps I could call in a favor.
Either way, I'll do my best to get there... if not good luck and hope y'all have a blast!

Sack