PDA

View Full Version : Any1 have aMotorola, wireless access point, WA840G

heater451
01-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Anyone happen to have one of these in their network?

I think my firmware update crapped out, and I need a **working** dump of the .trx file.

The original 5.-something .trx, or the current, 6.1.4 should work.

btw, I'm only asking out of desperation. The Motorola support website and team have not been all that helpful.

Thanks, in advance.

=============================

Qtec
01-03-2006, 02:36 AM
Cant you DL the software from their site? I DLd the driver, unpacked it and got a file WA840_6.1.4.trx . Is this what you want? Its about 1.5 Mb. I could mail it to you.

Q

heater451
01-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks, but I have that.

The problem is, when you update, the old .trx has to be exported, and then settings are mapped through a tool to the new .trx. I didn't realize that the conversion was necessary, and after the 6.1.4 upgrade seemed to "take", I killed the old file.

So, I either need a 5.06 version, or a *mapped* 6.1.4 version. With the former, I can run it through the converter, and with the latter, I'm hoping that I can just re-fresh the firmware, and then change the settings.

Qtec, you get cool points for at least attempting to help! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

==================================

nAz
01-04-2006, 12:05 AM
hmm can you manually remap it with the new parameters? your user guide should have the parameter settings at least my linksys had it.

heater451
01-04-2006, 04:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> hmm can you manually remap it with the new parameters? your user guide should have the parameter settings at least my linksys had it. <hr /></blockquote>The problem is, the settings are changed via drop-down selection, and I can't manually enter a setting.

Getting a .trx from a known to be working WAP was just something that I wanted to try, since there's not much else I can do otherwise--the .trx isn't text-editable.

Or, I wanted to try taking a stock, 5.06 version, downgrade the firmware, and then try the upgrade with the conversion.

Motorola Tech Support says they only have what's on the website, but they have a 2-yr limited warranty, so I may have to go with that.

=============================

Qtec
01-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks H, sorry I couldnt help.

Q