PDA

View Full Version : Pool Instructors in NY or NJ?

OSully
01-03-2006, 04:18 AM
Hi, I'm looking for a real good pool instructor in the tri-state NYC area. I've been playing pool about 10 years.
My ability is the low A level (when my stroke is straight). Otherwise consider me a B, lol. That is why I feel I need an instructor, to get my stroke/fundamentals straight. Very frustrating not knowing which stroke will show up each day. When it's straight i play pretty well. Obviously i could use an instructor's expertise in other areas as well.
I'm extremely dedicated to improving my game.
So if you can recommend someone, please respond thanks.
I can travel long distances if necessary.

O'Sully

Rich R.
01-03-2006, 07:37 AM
In NYC, you have both Fran Crimi and Tony Robles. They are suppose to be two of the best.
Fran is a frequent poster here and Tony has been known to lurk. Contact one or both of them.

Eric.
01-03-2006, 10:23 AM
I'll second that. Tony and Fran both have good reputations as instructors around here.

Eric

Qtec
01-03-2006, 12:50 PM
If you want an instructor, you have to go for Fran Crimi.

Qtec

Bumps
01-03-2006, 04:02 PM
I've heard good things of Fran for years. The first person I thought of when I read your post was Gene Nagy. I'm not even sure he teaches just anyone these days or if he still teaches at all. I've been told that he taught Joann Mason Parker quite a few years back. She impressed me with her playing attitude and her skill, such as it was. I think she no longer plays, though.

Fran Crimi
01-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Thanks Bumps, and everyone for the recommendation. I agree wholeheartedly about Gene Nagy. Unfortunately, he's not teaching right now. It does't mean he won't teach again in the distant future, but he's not into it for the time being. Joanne's dad, Harvey Mason, did bring her to Gene who did help her with her game, but credit should go to Harvey as well...he was a strong player too, and worked tirelessly with Joanne.

Gene also taught Jeanette Lee. I believe he did a good job with her. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Both Joanne and Jeanette had strong determination and will that was already in their personalities. That, combined with good information is a winning combination.

Fran