PDA

View Full Version : Undeniable evidence that the SoftBreak needs to go

06-28-2002, 09:36 PM
I've heard all the arguments about not punishing players who have learned the skill of soft-breaking, and I agree with them. Much the same way that you can't tell someone they aren't allowed to use backspin, just because that player shoots draw shots extremely well. But, there is always a but, a way needs to be figured how to make the hard break the preferred method.

I was on the fence as far as this subject is concerned until the following happened. I just received a new accustats video. The video featured Daulton and Strickland and it was from 2001 U.S. Open. I got the video on Sat., but my VCR was screwed up, it needs to be taken to the shop. Fortunately the guys had a pass and most would be just getting out of some girls bed at that time in the afternoon, so I decided to go watch it in their barracks. No problems on that account, it so happens that the one LC is also a big time pool nut and decided to sit down and watch with me. Also around were two young Pvts., both these guys have played pool in the bars but would never go out of their way to watch a pool match. They were nursing sore heads so they also decided to sit and watch. After all the boring parts were over, eventually "The Cannon" got up to break. After doing his 100mph howitzer without a word of a lie, one guy's jaw dropped to the floor, the other guy yelled" Holy ****" The rest of the tape these guys were right into it. It wasn't that they totally enjoyed the pool match, they were just having so much fun cheering for Daulton just so they could see him break. My whole point is that except for the hardcore pool lover, pool is not exciting, if it take a 300 pound man's stomach flying 15 different directions to get casual fans interested, then so be it.

All in all, I think I may have made a couple closet pool fans, next week I'll have to pull out some Busti videos.

Krusty

MaineEAck
06-28-2002, 10:17 PM
I have a hard break, and I know when non-pool players see me break it draws attention. People love action, action they can understand. Most people can't understand how hard it is to back-cut the 8ball and get good shape on the 9ball. But when it comes to the break, pool players and non-pool players alike can understand that someone is hitting the ball hard.

Troy
06-28-2002, 10:51 PM
Oh yea, and the uneducated think that Figure-8 Demolition Derby IS the same as real Auto Racing..... /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

06-29-2002, 04:05 AM
I've only seen the soft break a couple times on tv. When someone is using the soft break are the balls spotted with the 1 ball on the foot spot or breaking spot or whatever it is called? If not then all that is necessary to eliminate the soft break would be to go back to racking the balls with the 1 ball on that spot. Or do players use the soft break from the two different places that the balls can be racked on. When they rack on tv I am unable to tell if the 1 ball or 9 ball is being racked on the foot spot.

Ken
06-29-2002, 06:35 AM
I think you will find that the nine ball is on the spot and they are using the Sardo rack. With the one ball further up table the soft break can bank the one fairly consistently (or maybe it goes directly in; I haven't seen the tapes) and leave the cue ball in the center of the table. This makes the game very boring, so I have heard. I've seen some women's games and they seem to be breaking even softer than normal.

Use of the Sardo rack requires that indentations be formed for each ball to rest in, otherwise the rack doesn't work. With the indentations the racks become very consistent and it is easy to make the one as well as possibly make a couple balls in the corner without having to turn loose the cue ball. It takes a lot of the randomness out of the game.
KenCT

Harold Acosta
06-29-2002, 12:02 PM
Thanks to the Sardo JUNK rack we have the soft break! The Sardo Junk rack, together with the Predator crapwood cues , and the Cuetec "Surewarp" cues should be banned from Pool forever!

06-29-2002, 12:24 PM
No its thanks to the rule that you need to make a ball in the break to continue that we have the soft break.
I wouldnt want to just rely on luck for a ball to go in either...
If it goes in you win 95%, if it doesnt you lose 95%
Damn this is such a stupid game.

06-29-2002, 03:06 PM
Troy said:

Oh yea, and the uneducated think that Figure-8 Demolition Derby IS the same as
real Auto Racing.....

Krusty responds.

Well Troy, that is an extremely silly elitist view, just because some people aren't as knowledgeable about a sport as you are doesn't mean they can't enjoy it. News flash for you, all this sponsorship money we are always pining for from outside sources, will never come if billiards doesn't draw fans from outside sources. Keep throwing your 40 million players number around, because anyone with any common sense knows that it is hogwash. If the BCA or whatever other organization was serious about promotion of pool, they would run a study to find out what their actual market is. Billiards has a very small pool of fans to try draw from, and when it comes right down to it, 2 people who attend an event to watch a fat guy break, are just as good as 2 people who show up to watch pattern play and safety play.

Funny that you would use racing as the focal point of your post, next NASCAR event you attend, do a quick poll of the fans in attendance. The results might surprise you. I'm willing to bet that a very significant percentage of the fans there have no idea what push is, what drag is, many probably only know what they have seen in a Tom Cruise movie. Much of the NASCAR fan base is people who want to see, A) Cars going real fast. B) Cars that make a lot of noise. C) Cars wrecking.
NASCAR understands this, that's why in every single promotional add they air, there is always a car, flipping end over end.

Krusty

Troy
06-29-2002, 03:56 PM
OK Mr Malcolm the Rule Meister, since you're so against needing to make a ball to continue, how would YOU change THAT rule (onl that rule mind you) ???

By the way, the Rule about making a ball as a requirement to continue your inning has been around much, much LONGER than the SARDINE GIZMO.

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Malcolm:</font><hr> No its thanks to the rule that you need to make a ball in the break to continue that we have the soft break.
Damn this is such a stupid game. <hr></blockquote>

Alfie
06-29-2002, 04:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Krusty:</font><hr> All in all, I think I may have made a couple closet pool fans, next week I'll have to pull out some Busti videos. <hr></blockquote>

Your sample is biased and of insufficient size to support the thread title's conclusion.

Next!

Alfie
06-29-2002, 04:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Troy:</font><hr> Oh yea, and the uneducated think that Figure-8 Demolition Derby IS the same as real Auto Racing..... /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif <hr></blockquote>

I knew they weren't the same when I was still in the crib, and I certainly wasn't a genius baby. Do you mean to tell me that there are adults today who really believe this?

Mon Dieu!

John in NH
06-29-2002, 04:42 PM
Krusty,
Making a ball on the break is key to winning any match, if a person is successful with a soft break versus a hard break more power to them, the bottom line is making balls on the break and winning the match. Until Cory came along most people were using the hard break, because he has been so successful a lot of players are taking a good look at the soft break and using it to their advantage, more power to them.

John

Alfie
06-29-2002, 05:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Krusty:</font><hr> Keep throwing your 40 million players number around, because anyone with any common sense knows that it is hogwash. <hr></blockquote> Aside: That figure was for the number of people in the US that played at least one game of pool during the sample year. A very believable statistic, IMO. This is not to say that the original statistic does not get corrupted as it gets passed from one to the next. For instance, do not think that there are 40 million people who play league pool, or in organized tournaments, or even as much as you do.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> Much of the NASCAR fan base is people who want to see, A) Cars going real fast. B) Cars that make a lot of noise. C) Cars wrecking. <hr></blockquote> I would like to see more excitment of this kind in pool at times. IMO, head-to-head, winner-take-all matches would be great. To keep them from making a saver, it should also be death to the loser.

Wait... I'm just being silly now.

How about some jail time?

... or SOME kind of negative reinforcement?

TomBrooklyn
06-29-2002, 05:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Krusty:</font><hr> I think I may have made a couple closet pool fans, next week I'll have to pull out some Busti videos.<hr></blockquote>Krusty, what is not clear from your essay is why you want more people to be fans of professional pool. What is your motivation?

Alfie
06-29-2002, 05:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> The Sardo Junk rack, together with the Predator crapwood cues , and the Cuetec "Surewarp" cues should be banned from Pool forever! <hr></blockquote>

I'm familiar with the Sardo controversy. I get that you believe an excessive number of Cuetecs warp. But exactly what do you mean by Predator "crapwood?"

06-29-2002, 06:32 PM
I think Harold believes that Predator buys the stuff that even the folks who make pressure treated lumber would reject. For those of you unversed in lumber lingo, pressure treated wood is the softest wood you can find. It needs to be soft so that the chemicals they use to 'treat' it can be forced under great pressure to penetrate through the entire piece.
Any woodworker or craftsman would salivate if they saw the stock Predator uses for their product.

06-29-2002, 06:39 PM
Well Krusty! Glad to see you again. And feeling somewhat happy with myself. I had a feeling you were a military man. I agree that the soft break is, what are the words? Effeminate? Boring? No, wait, Anticlimactic! Yeah, that's a good one. LOL I just don't understand the argument here. I guess I'm just a girl on this one /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif So, any other topics we can discuss while we've got your attention?
(By the way, I'm not trying to be flip here, I really am glad to hear from you! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif )

Harold Acosta
06-29-2002, 07:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> I think Harold believes that Predator buys the stuff that even the folks who make pressure treated lumber would reject. For those of you unversed in lumber lingo, pressure treated wood is the softest wood you can find. It needs to be soft so that the chemicals they use to 'treat' it can be forced under great pressure to penetrate through the entire piece.
Any woodworker or craftsman would salivate if they saw the stock Predator uses for their product. <hr></blockquote>

Thanks Lorri for "explaining" my thoughts about what I think about Predator. Right on the spot!

Only one thing I disagree with; it's the statement about woodworkers or craftsman salivating about the stock Predator uses for their product but then you also entitled to your own opinions!

Troy
06-29-2002, 07:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Krusty:</font><hr>
Keep throwing your 40 million players number around, because anyone with any common sense knows that it is hogwash.<hr></blockquote>

The "your" you are stating is NOT "my" statement, but the BCA's.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> Much of the NASCAR fan base is people who want to see, A) Cars going real fast. B) Cars that make a lot of noise. C) Cars wrecking.<hr></blockquote>

Thank you for making my point.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>NASCAR understands this, that's why in every single promotional add they air, there is always a car, flipping end over end.

Krusty
<hr></blockquote>

"Every ad" except of course for the "How Bad Have You Got It" series which shows NO Racing, ZERO, NADA.

Troy

stickman
06-29-2002, 07:13 PM
As long as the rack is broke from behind the headstring and the first or second ball is contacted and 4 or more balls are driven to the rail or a ball pocketed, I don't care what speed the cue ball is hit with. What will we do next, have radar guns measuring the speed of the break? If we are going to do away with anything, let it be the mechanical rack. That is what has caused the negative changes in the game. (spotting the 9 on the spot, slow breaks, divits in the table surface) I think that the idea was good, it just didn't pan out as intended. It's time to recognize that it was a good idea gone bad and go back to the traditional method of racking.

06-29-2002, 07:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Troy:</font><hr> OK Mr Malcolm the Rule Meister, since you're so against needing to make a ball to continue, how would YOU change THAT rule (onl that rule mind you) ???

By the way, the Rule about making a ball as a requirement to continue your inning has been around much, much LONGER than the SARDINE GIZMO.

Troy

&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Malcolm:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; No its thanks to the rule that you need to make a ball in the break to continue that we have the soft break.
Damn this is such a stupid game. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt; <hr></blockquote>

As long as you need to make a ball on the break im happy that they use the sardo rack (make holes in the cloth).

Its very easy to change that rule: just continue your turn wether you make a ball or not, what else?
I dont see any reason why you even need to make a ball?
Whats the point of that rule?
I think there is none, its just becaus they didnt put any tought in the rules of pool, easy, just take the break like any other shot in the game.
Just slam the balls as hard as you can and hope for one to drop?
The break is realy a slopshot.
What the sardo rack does is make it less of a slop shot.

06-29-2002, 07:24 PM
Stickman, that would all be so easy if they just changed the rules about having to make a ball on the break.
The sardo wouldnt be needed.
I hate the luck hard break.
When you dont have to make a ball, it doesnt mather.

06-29-2002, 07:31 PM
Geez Harold, keep up will ya? I don't "explain" anything anymore, hadn't you noticed? My post began with the words " I think ", thus implying an opinion or conjecture. Have you ever been to the Predator factory Harold? Have you ever crafted anything from wood? I've done both, and thus my opinions are based upon fact rather than emotion. What are yours based on? (This is not a dig, Harold. It's a serious question, and I am truly interested in your answer.)

MikeM
06-29-2002, 07:40 PM
Amen Stick. 'Nuff said.

MM...people think my hard break is a soft break.

Harold Acosta
06-29-2002, 07:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> Geez Harold, keep up will ya? I don't "explain" anything anymore, hadn't you noticed? My post began with the words " I think ", thus implying an opinion or conjecture. Have you ever been to the Predator factory Harold? Have you ever crafted anything from wood? I've done both, and thus my opinions are based upon fact rather than emotion. What are yours based on? (This is not a dig, Harold. It's a serious question, and I am truly interested in your answer.) <hr></blockquote>

Yeah, yeah, Lorri, I know you don't "explain" things anymore but you should.

No, I havent been to a Predator factory but have owned two Preadator shafts. One broke and was returned to the factory but was "beyond repair." About 5 or 6 years later (about 1 yr ago) I purchased another for my Lucasi cue, with inlays and everything. Haven't used it since.

I've done some work with wood, I'm not a craftsman or woodworker but I like it; however not enough time to pursue it as a hobby or craft.

My opinions are based on my "facts" not "emotion" and I am still "convinced" that the Predator cues are "hype" and not "facts."

Like I always say...Everyone is entitled to their own opinions....

Anything else?

06-29-2002, 07:48 PM
You too Huh? I swear, if someone tells me I break like a girl one more time.... ( And these idiots think they're being original!) /ccboard/images/icons/mad.gif

06-29-2002, 08:23 PM
partial snip from Predator description on Ebay:

PREDATOR

BREAK CUE

This Brand new cue is the ultimate breaking machine.

If you can't snap the nine with this then it is time to take

up golf full time. This cue is 19.5 oz and has the predator 314 shaft

This cue has a beautiful pressed black Irish Linen wrap.

The cue also has an adjustable weight bolt system which enables

you to change the weights on the cue. The weight bolts sell separately!!

The PREDATOR BK Break Cue
Unquestionably the most important shot in both 8 and 9 ball is the first one.
Recognizing the importance of the break, Predator has designed and engineered a cue specifically for breaking.
The additional power and accuracy generated by the Predator BK can be the difference between shooting again or sitting down.
.................................................. ..........

Hi Harold.
Are you saying the above may only be hype and not the complete truth?
"If you can't snap the nine with this then it is time to take up golf full time." Just kidding.

Harold Acosta
06-29-2002, 08:29 PM
Do you believe in the Predator crapwood ads? Can you really say that Predator has the best Break cue on earth? Are you saying that no other cuemaker could come up with a great break cue except Predator? Isn't this ad really bull $hit?

Alfie
06-29-2002, 08:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Troy:</font><hr> (quote Krusty) Keep throwing your 40 million players number around, because anyone with any common sense knows that it is hogwash. (unquote)

The "your" you are stating is NOT "my" statement, but the BCA's. <hr></blockquote> Actually that figure comes from a yearly study by the Billiards &amp; Bowling Institute of America; however, the BCA did link to their site at one time.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.sgma.com/press/2001/press988809111-31493.html>http://www.sgma.com/press/2001/press988809111-31493.html</a>

IMO, the CCB can never be the internet's premiere billiard discussion group unless we start getting our bullshit facts right. Until then it's just another gabfest.

;-)

06-29-2002, 09:03 PM
(Giggle) You mean it was supposed to be something other than a gabfest? $hit! Why doesn't anyone ever tell me about these meetings?! /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

Troy
06-29-2002, 09:13 PM
You have NOT answered my question about how you would re-write the rules to provide for continuation WITHOUT making a ball on the break.

Name ONE standard pool game that allows continuation when a ball is NOT made.

Not 14.1
Not 1-Pocket
(both "soft-break" games)
Not 9-Ball (except for the push-out, if given back)
Not 8-Ball

OK, I'll give you 3-Ball.

In all pool games, the break is a very important part of the game. If yours is weak, PRACTICE THE BREAK !!!

By the way, I think the SARDINE GIZMO is a total waste and a piece of junk. I've "trained" tables and seen their use. Once the cloth is "trained", there's absolutely NO need for the contraption because the balls simply fall into the CRATERS created during said "training".

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Malcolm:</font><hr>
As long as you need to make a ball on the break im happy that they use the sardo rack (make holes in the cloth).

Its very easy to change that rule: just continue your turn wether you make a ball or not, what else?
I think there is none, its just becaus they didnt put any tought in the rules of pool, easy, just take the break like any other shot in the game.
<hr></blockquote>

cheesemouse
06-29-2002, 09:31 PM
Harold,
I think you should be sentence to play six hours a day for a year with a predator cue and then have it taken away from you and replaced with the old technology then we'll see if your tune changes. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

The cheese has two predator shafts and he ain't ever giving them back.......hehehe...

06-29-2002, 09:41 PM
partial snip:

Not 14.1
Not 1-Pocket
Not 8-Ball
.................................................. .........

You can add 8 ball and combination to the list also. Not sure about the name combination. When we played it in the 60s you had to make two balls that totalled 15 to continue shooting. Each two balls totalling 15 counted as 1 point. And the 15 ball was the last to be pocketed and it counted as 1 point. Mostly we would play games of 25 points.

Alfie
06-29-2002, 10:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> (Giggle) You mean it was supposed to be something other than a gabfest? $hit! Why doesn't anyone ever tell me about these meetings?! /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif <hr></blockquote>

Well, it's the "just another" part that should be emphasized. :-)

Incidentally, is everyone caught up with their dues?

06-29-2002, 10:15 PM
I usually respond to the third invoice. If you've sent five, you might as well take me to court! LOL

Troy
06-29-2002, 10:15 PM
Sounds like "Cribbage", 1-14, 2-13, 3-12, etc., finally the 15-Ball. Make either of the pair first, then the second.

Troy...~~~ Feeling old now... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Eddie G Chgo:</font><hr>
Not sure about the name combination. When we played it in the 60s you had to make two balls that totalled 15 to continue shooting. Each two balls totalling 15 counted as 1 point. And the 15 ball was the last to be pocketed and it counted as 1 point. Mostly we would play games of 25 points. <hr></blockquote>

06-29-2002, 10:26 PM
Thanks Troy. Cribbage is what I was thinking of.

heater451
06-29-2002, 10:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Malcolm:</font><hr> . . .I dont see any reason why you even need to make a ball?
Whats the point of that rule? I think there is none, its just becaus they didnt put any tought in the rules of pool, easy, just take the break like any other shot in the game.
The break is realy a slopshot.<hr></blockquote>The breakshot is the reward for winning the "lag", or a coin toss. The reward for breaking well (sinking a ball) is getting to continue.

The point of having it set up that way, is to introduce luck as something of a balance, for the chance (note the word, "chance") to win. Otherwise, to make it 'fair', you would have to have alternating breaks, with EVEN NUMBERED RACES, and the majority winner takes the match--In case of a tie, play continues until someone is 'two ahead'). Unfortunately, after, say 3 "consecutive ties", the match would restart, to the original race set. . . .Yes, it could go on forever.

The breakshot is percieved as being a 50/50 proposition, regardless of what we see in practice, and I think that's a good enough reason for the rule to exist. (Although, I am curious about how this would pan out, if one used a Sardo to rack, and tested breaking with a machine--how close to 50/50 would it be.)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Malcolm:</font><hr>What the sardo rack does is make it less of a slop shot.<hr></blockquote>The Sardo actually makes it **more** of a given shot. Consider the high percentages of balls dropped on break, when the Sardo is racked with the 1 on the spot (hard break). I think the percentages go down again, with the rack moved, and the soft-break used--but a practiced breaker will increase his/her odds. By definition, you could still call it a "slop" shot, but if you can sink a ball 90+% of the time, it's arguable whether it's a slop shot, or just a missed one.

A "benefit" of the Sardo rack, is that it's more consistent every time, which makes the break more controllable (by the breaker), and therefore, somewhat predictable, and boring. What some people fail to comprehend, is that the randomness of a 'free-hand' rack, helps make the game interesting. Some might also argue that the same randomness means that luck plays too large a factor, in who wins the game, and the better player may still lose ("it's not 'fair'").

Well, the way to decide who is a better player, is to run longer races--the luck factor isn't decreased, but it becomes outweighed by the skill factor. (And, by "better", I mean under the given 9-ball rules, which places a stronger reliance on shot accuracy (offensive) than safety play (defensive). {Note: Although both require cue ball control, I believe that control for final position is much more useful in defense than offense.} If you want a "better" defensive player, you would have to play a different game.)

06-30-2002, 06:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Troy:</font><hr> You have NOT answered my question about how you would re-write the rules to provide for continuation WITHOUT making a ball on the break.

Not 14.1
Not 1-Pocket
Not 8-Ball

OK, I'll give you 3-Ball.

In all pool games, the break is a very important part of the game. If yours is weak, PRACTICE THE BREAK !!!

By the way, I think the SARDINE GIZMO is a total waste and a piece of junk. I've "trained" tables and seen their use. Once the cloth is "trained", there's absolutely NO need for the contraption because the balls simply fall into the CRATERS created during said "training".

Troy

&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Malcolm:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;

&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt; <hr></blockquote>

What do you mean how i would rewrite the rules?
Simple, just continue wether you make a ball or not.
So ill say it again so you can understand! If you make no ball, just do what you would do if you did make one, continue your turn! is this so difficult to understand???
phew...

What does anything have to do with a pool game existing that uses this???
It doesnt mather!! and i dont care...

Who sais my break is weak anyways? i didnt...
Damn i cant discuss this with you, its impossible, youre just way to stupid to comprehend.
I explained about 10 times already and still.....
Break is luck!! why doesnt anyone see this.

And i dont care if the sardo works or not, if the craters work thats fine with me!
If you dont want any craters then they should use the rule i just said ( no not because i said it ! i hear you thinking )
There wouldnt be a need for craters, wich is the only way to rack good.
Im not gonna reply to these stupid break discussions anymore, its just so obvious.

Ken
06-30-2002, 07:58 AM
Why not use the Sardo without the craters? Put the one on the spot and it would be fine. You'd get the worst slug racks imaginable with gaps all over the place. Only the hardest breakers could spread the balls. Then the break becomes a big skill shot. The racks would be pretty much random with no chance for any manipulation because of the Sardo setting them up.
KenCT

Troy
06-30-2002, 10:10 AM
The more you post, the LESS you make any sense.....

I remember you now, you're the guy that claims no one can rack correctly..... /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

And you're calling me stupid ???

Adios. I'm through with you.

Harold Acosta
06-30-2002, 10:12 AM
Harold,
I think you should be sentence to play six hours a day for a year with a predator cue and then have it taken away from you and replaced with the old technology then we'll see if your tune changes.

The cheese has two predator shafts and he ain't ever giving them back.......hehehe...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Man, I would be satisfied with a 3 hour daily sentence!...and at this point, I don't care if they gave me a broom handle to do it!

PoolChick02
06-30-2002, 08:19 PM
I agree with you, MaineEAck, the non-pool players fly over like seagulls looking for food when they see me&gt;(a girl) breaking hard. It just gets them all excited. And if you break soft, they assume you do not know how to break. Eventhough using the soft break approach makes a ball every time&gt;(if you get it down right). So, I think you should use whatever is right for you. For me, I tend to bust'em hard, cause it's something about that sudden &gt;CLACK&lt; that I like to hear.

06-30-2002, 08:53 PM
Puts me in mind of that line in the movie "Drop Dead Fred" (Funny as Hell!) when he breaks a window - "God I love those smashing sounds!" /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

PQQLK9
06-30-2002, 09:37 PM
Absolutely hilarious movie....can't you imagine a shark that only you could see...

06-30-2002, 09:45 PM
That would be way cool. Not bad Nick, most folks I know have never even heard of Drop Dead Fred. That thing keeps me rolling from the opening credits to the final fade!