PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good instructor in MN

PeteW
01-03-2006, 09:51 PM
After a break from pool for about 4 years I am finally finding the time again to devote to practice and really advancing my game. I am even in the process of purchasing an 8' table to put in the basement (it only took 5 years for the wife to finally give in /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

My thought is that now is a perfect time to begin taking lessons as my stroke is as close to pliable as I can remember. Also, I want a good strong foundation of fundamentals so I don't start spending 3 hours a day learning bad habits in my basement.

At the same time I am asking for your opinions because I want to talk to a good instructor up front because I probably can't afford many lessons. I know there are good teachers and bad teachers much like good club pros at a golf course and bad ones.

Thank you for you input.
Pete

Scott Lee
01-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Pete...If you're interested, I'll be coming through MN, on my way to Chicago in the next few days, and would be happy to work with you. PM or email if you want more info.

Scott Lee

randyg
01-04-2006, 05:31 AM
PETEW: Don't miss that chance. Scott is one of the BEST in our business.....SPF-randyg

SPetty
01-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Howdy PeteW,

Just in case you don't know about it yet, there's a great site for your state at www.MNBilliards.com (http://www.MNBilliards.com) . They also have a forum and you might want to ask this question there as well to get info on local folks.

Good luck!

PeteW
01-04-2006, 09:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Pete...If you're interested, I'll be coming through MN, on my way to Chicago in the next few days, and would be happy to work with you. PM or email if you want more info.

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

Scott thank you very much for the offer, but I am going to be pushing 60+ hours at work this week and I feel I would be too exhausted to be the best student I can be.

Thanks for the link to mnbilliards, I never noticed the BBs on the site.

Thanks again,
Pete

randyg
01-05-2006, 06:23 AM
PeteW:

There will be a Pool School in August in Mpls. Just let me know if you're interested....SPF-randyg

Scott Lee
01-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Randy...I mentioned that to Pete also!

Scott

PeteW
01-07-2006, 01:21 PM
The pool school in August does sound like a very good option, and since my birthday is August 27th, I might even have the money to afford the enrollment fee.

There has been a ton of great buzz about the pool schools Randy puts on as well.

Scott Lee
01-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Pete...You'll love the 3-day schools Cue Tech put on! Come rested, 'cause we'll work ya hard! LOL You definitely get your money's worth!

Scott Lee