PDA

View Full Version : Olhausen Remmington versus Diamond Arkansas

sherlock
01-04-2006, 03:39 PM
I am shopping new 8' solid wood home tables and have narrowed it down to two: The Olhausen Remington (http://www.olhausenbilliards.com/pooltables_detail.php?id=10&cat=SOLID%20WOOD) and a Diamond Arkansas (http://diamondbilliardproducts.com/Arkansas.htm). The price range is comparable ($3,500)and includes Aramith Super Pro balls and Simonis 860 cloth. Your help and advice with my dilemma is most appreciated!

Scott Lee
01-04-2006, 08:42 PM
sherlock...Not a ton of difference here. Both are quality tables, and you can't go wrong with either one. Just be sure to have it professionally installed. That's important! I'm assuming you're going with 8' due to room size restrictions? Otherwise, I'd go another $1K and get the 9' Diamond Pro...a serious table for serious players.
Good luck!

Scott Lee

sherlock
01-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Thanks--really appreciate your opinion. Yes, the 8' is for room size reasons. Whichever table I get will be professionally installed; I kind of liked the "hidden" leg levelers in the Diamond (have not seen that on other "furniture" tables). The Accu-fast cushions on the Olhausen have a likely edge over the Diamond home tables (only the Diamond Pro has the Artemis cushions I've learned). My wife (who definitely has a vote:-) likes the looks of the Olhausen a bit better.

Bumps
01-04-2006, 11:19 PM
I've had a Remington for about four years and I like it a lot.
About the same deal as you, with Lucasi house cues, Master chalk, and red circle cue ball. 860 on the bed and 760 on the rails. The only change I would make if I had it to do over again, would be to get Brunswick Centennial balls. I've had my SAPs since I got the table, and have "cut" marks in two of the balls. I'm ashamed to say they haven't been played with daily either:( I played with Centennials for over twenty five years in the local room and never saw a mark. You'll like the Remington.

Scott Lee
01-05-2006, 08:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sherlock:</font><hr> My wife (who definitely has a vote:-) likes the looks of the Olhausen a bit better. <hr /></blockquote>

Sherlock...There! See? That's an EASY decision! LOL
Enjoy your new table!

Scott Lee