PDA

View Full Version : Snooker players, whats your practice routines?

1a2b3c
01-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Well my first one didnt post so ill try this again.

Instead of listing my practice routines, which im getting bored with, ill just ask you all to share your routines if you would like. Maybe someone has a few i havent tried or thought of yet. I practice alone, unless the old man wants a lesson. But my routines are getting boring and im looking for some fresh ideas.

1a2b3c
01-06-2006, 05:49 PM
No snooker players? Anyone know of a snooker forum or anything like that?

BigMal
01-07-2006, 01:39 AM
There are lots of tried and tested methods.

Eighties legend Steve Davis simply rolled the white ball up and down the spots to maintain his cue goingthrough straight and control the pace prior to every single practice routine!

A common practice drill (and a very effective one) is to spot all the colours as normal and line the red balls in a straight line, spaced out evenly between the brown spot all the way down to the black spot. This is great for breakbuilding practice and replicates many of the soft draw and stun shots you will need to make breaks of 50 and more.

Players like Hendry often practice 'the shot to nothing' endlessly. White ball in the 'd' and a ball somewhere near the pink spot and see how many from 10 you make and, importantly, how many times you manage to get the white back to the baulk cushion. This is a key shot in modern snooker.

Hope this helps.

Alfie
01-07-2006, 02:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 1a2b3c:</font><hr> my routines are getting boring and im looking for some fresh ideas. <hr /></blockquote>Have you seen this site?
http://www.fcsnooker.co.uk/coaching_with_callan/coaching.htm