PDA

View Full Version : question about bank pool rules

1a2b3c
01-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Is a kick shot considered a legal shot in banks?

JPB
01-05-2006, 09:18 PM
no

sliprock
01-05-2006, 10:16 PM
The "official" rules for bank doesn't allow kicks. Kicks are allowed in most of the poolrooms that I grew up around. For a kick to be legal, the cue ball must contact 3 or more rails prior to pocketing the ball. When playing using the kick rules, fouls are not penalized with a lost ball. Most of the time we play that the incoming player has the option to pass on any shot after a foul. They can make the fouling player shoot again. similar to the old 2 shot foul 9 ball rules.

theinel
01-06-2006, 01:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 1a2b3c:</font><hr> Is a kick shot considered a legal shot in banks? <hr /></blockquote>

Kick banks are allowed, i.e. if you kick at an object ball that is then banked into a called pocket with the called number of rails you are okay. Simple kicks without the required banking elements aren't.

Cornerman
01-06-2006, 01:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote theinel:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 1a2b3c:</font><hr> Is a kick shot considered a legal shot in banks? <hr /></blockquote>

Kick banks are allowed, i.e. if you kick at an object ball that is then banked into a called pocket with the called number of rails you are okay. Simple kicks without the required banking elements aren't. <hr /></blockquote>I have never seen a bank game where kicking first and then banking that ball was considered a scoring shot.

That being said, others have reported that it's legal in their area. The rulebook is unclear on this. I think the players like Grady would be the ones to clarify it.

Fred

1a2b3c
01-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Thats why i asked. I seen grady saying three rail kicks are good shots, but then most the rules sites say it isnt. Weve always played the three rail kicks.