PDA

View Full Version : cutthroat "rules "

06-29-2002, 07:55 AM
In the game of cutthroat,where the house rule is no balls are spotted after a scratch,with 2 balls left on the table,one player is already eliminated, player A shoots B's ball to eliminate him and the cue ball follows B's last ball in, leaving only A's ball standing. What's the call? Does player A win?

Chris Cass
06-29-2002, 08:30 AM
Hello Anon,

Myself personally never played scratches don't count. Never heard of them not counting at all. Usually, in cut throat the way I was taught. Player A can shoot his own ball in and still shoot. As long as it wasn't his last ball. You have to have one ball left on the table to win. Also, the cb.

Shooting in, an opponents ball and scatching constitutes a foul. Where the opponents ball is spotted and the opponent then, has BIH behind the headstring. Therefore, it's not a win and as the result, may lose.

The way I played it, if an opponent scatches, anyone out of the game is back in and their ball is spotted also. I don't know about BCA rules go or any other rules go other than house rules. I do know one thing. Before playing any game with anyone. No the rules and state them before you start. Regardless if it's for fun or not.

Regards,

C.C.~~rather play 3 ball then cut throat....

jjinfla
06-29-2002, 08:46 AM
If you want to play by BCA rules then I suggest you check page 80 of the latest BCA rule book. If, however, you want to play by "house" rules then I suggest you ask the owner of the house. His is the only voice that counts. Jake

Scott Lee
06-29-2002, 01:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Usually, in cut throat the way I was taught. Player A can shoot his own ball in and still shoot. As long as it wasn't his last ball. You have to have one ball left on the table to win. Also, the cb.

C.C.~~rather play 3 ball then cut throat.... <hr></blockquote>

Chris, BCA rules state that first contact with the cueball must be with an opponent's ball. The only way to legally pocket your own ball is to do it by a combo or a carom off of your opponent's ball. BTW, that's the way I was taught over 30 yrs. ago.

Scott

Chris Cass
06-29-2002, 08:07 PM
Thanks Scott,

I'm not aware of most of the BCA rules, but I'm learning them. I'm so used to rules my opponent makes up, along the way. LOL

Regards,

C.C.