PDA

View Full Version : My DCC 2006 experience. I got to play a Legend.

RUNaRAK
01-09-2006, 09:02 AM
I got a chance to play in the banks division this year and had an absolute blast doing it. I only won 1 match but I drew a champion in the first round and played quite well considering..

My first match was against Truman Hogue, "the legend". This man is an exceptional player and a great guy.
*First game he beat me 5 to 0. I could not have played worse that game but I started breathing and tried to relax after that.
*Second game, I relax and he makes a couple of scratching error and I beat him 5 to -1
*Third game he wins 5-4
*Fourth game he wins 5-3 and puts me out with a beautiful 4 rail bank to the corner.

I won my second match 3-1 against Ed Ames

Last match, I played some gentleman that plays with Truman a lot and he spanked me 3-1. I forget his name.

The highlights of the tourney were playing Truman and playing respectably. Meeting several Posters.. JoeyA, SodaPopD, Ratchet, SarahRousey, Girl1??, AliceRim, many of the pros and watching the Banks ring Game. I will play in the DCC from here on out if I can.

What a fantastic event. Thanks Greg S and all that make it happen.

Also posted on AZ for those who do not visit both boards.. <font color="red"> </font color>

Joe

SmorgassBored
01-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Congatulations on a good showing.Ed Ames plays very well.

RUNaRAK
01-10-2006, 05:37 AM
Thanks Smorg,
I was very happy with my results. Ed does play very well! It was my first time playing at the DCC. It was a ton of fun and I learned a lot. Looking to improve the record a bit next year if I get my way;).

Joe

Rich R.
01-10-2006, 07:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RUNaRAK:</font><hr>I was very happy with my results. Ed does play very well! It was my first time playing at the DCC. It was a ton of fun and I learned a lot. Looking to improve the record a bit next year if I get my way;).
<hr /></blockquote>
Joe, it looks like you are hitting all the major tournamnets.

I'm sure competing in the CCB tournament helped tune you up for DCC. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
01-11-2006, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got a chance to play in the banks division this year and had an absolute blast doing it. I only won 1 match but I drew a champion in the first round and played quite well considering.. <hr /></blockquote>

Wow-good job-you can "chalk" that one up to experience /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifand I like the way you wrote your post!
Well done!
Carol

Vagabond
01-12-2006, 07:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RUNaRAK:</font><hr>

I won my second match 3-1 against Ed Ames

</font color>
U beat a very strong player.Ed Ames is very strong /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Joe
<hr /></blockquote>